MC999 Suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-04-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default MC999 Suspension

Just got hit with this suspension. What happens if my DSR improve soon? Can it be appealed? Thank you!

Unfortunately, your eBay account has been restricted indefinitely from selling because your performance has not met the standards required to sell on eBay. If you had any current listings, they have been removed and your selling fees will be credited.

-- About eBay seller performance standards --
To meet the standards required to sell on eBay, you need to limit the number of 1s and 2s you receive on your detailed seller ratings (DSRs). If more than 1% of your total transactions results in low DSRs for item as described, or more than 2% for any other DSR, your account is considered below standard. For lower-volume sellers, the above percentages only apply if you have received more than 3 low ratings for a single DSR. If too many item not received or item not as described cases are opened by your buyers, or if you receive excessive negative or neutral Feedback, you may also be considered to be performing below standard.

There are also limits on the number of open eBay Buyer Protection cases and the number of cases closed without seller resolution:

-- Sellers can have no more than 1% of total transactions with opened cases.
-- Sellers may have no more than 3 opened cases before they receive lower search visibility for listings.
-- Sellers can have no more than 0.3% of their transactions that are closed cases without seller resolution or no more than 3 closed cases without seller resolution, whichever is higher.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-04-2010
Threadstarter  

Update.........Here is the notice I just got..........(My payments are due on the 15th of the month)

Your account has been put on hold because the US $699.98 balance on your eBay account hasn't been paid.

For your account to be considered for reinstatement, you need to pay the balance immediately. Please follow these steps:

1. Click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You may be asked to sign in.
2. Place your pointer over the "Account" tab and click the "Seller Account" link.
3. Select a method to pay your eBay fees.

LMFAO! Yeah right, I am going to pay them $699! They can consider that severance pay!
Old 11-04-2010
MU

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofetee View Post
Update.........Here is the notice I just got..........(My payments are due on the 15th of the month)

Your account has been put on hold because the US $699.98 balance on your eBay account hasn't been paid.

For your account to be considered for reinstatement, you need to pay the balance immediately. Please follow these steps:

1. Click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You may be asked to sign in.
2. Place your pointer over the "Account" tab and click the "Seller Account" link.
3. Select a method to pay your eBay fees.

LMFAO! Yeah right, I am going to pay them $699! They can consider that severance pay!
they already suspended you for non - performance so paying them is just stupid. good luck!
Old 11-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Unfortunately, your eBay account has been restricted indefinitely from selling

Technically, indefinitely means an unspecified period of time. But in eBay-speak, it means PERMANENTLY.

I guess it is POSSIBLE that they may reinstate your account if the DSR's improve, but it is also POSSIBLE that I'll wake up tomorrow morning to find a billion dollars in cash sitting on my lawn...

Sorry to be a downer, but I've been dealing with eBay and their BS for far too long to have any faith in them when it comes to how they treat sellers.

Stealth can get you back, but you need to know WHY your DSR's went so low so that you can avoid this happening in the future. It sounds like you DID drop the ball somewhere.
Old 11-04-2010
Threadstarter  

Yes, I craft items myself and I put in the ad, 5 business days to craft & make since I offer literally thousands of designs I don't keep an inventory.

My DSR in shipping time dropped to a 4.29........all the rest of my stars were 4.9 or 5.0. :(
Old 11-05-2010

Longevity: 87%

my opinion, don't pay the fee. create new account. i already experience that situation. pay them, then they still don't want to reinstatement my account.
Old 11-05-2010
Threadstarter  

Ebay does not have my SSN so it can't go against my credit, correct?
Old 11-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Depends on if the account is using your real personal info. They may send the debt to a collection agency who will start bothering you. Now if the collection agency actually places in on your credit I do not know one way or another.
Old 11-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

This happened to me on an account over a year ago. A few weeks ago, the low DSRs dropped off the account, because they were older than 1 year, and the account can be used for selling again. My advice, if the account is worth keeping, stick with it and let it rest for a year.
Old 11-05-2010
Threadstarter  

Good advice. Thanks all! The account was in my name but with a stealth CC & ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address & stealth phone. don't think they will be hounding me.

Wish I could keep the account & let it rest a year or so but since they kicked me from selling, I don't have $700 to pay them next week.

However! Since you bring that up. I have an account that is 9 years old and it was suspended years ago when they started the detailed rating thing. It has 8000 positives & 100% feedback. Hmmmmmmm. wondering if they will reinstate that?