Item Not As Described Dispute Closed, Refund WITHOUT buyer having to return ite - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-09-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

Hi
if buyer says its replica or ⊗⊗⊗⊗,once refund is done from the seller, paypal ask buyer to destroy it, but who that, they get there money back plus the item there is a trick that i use sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't 50/50 chances.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
I just had an item not as described dispute closed and refund was given to the buyer without him even having to return in the item. WTF?!?!
Was it ebay or paypal?

Because you sound like it was paypal but managed to post in the forum for ebay..... The rules differ so try to get the correct part of the forum
Old 05-31-2017

Longevity: 39%
Default Re: Item Not As Described Dispute Closed, Refund WITHOUT buyer having to return ite

This is happening to me right now. Ebay has ruled in there favour and now my paypal has a negative number. I refuse to pay it.

What I'm wondering is if I stop using my paypal and my ebay account then they can't really take the money from me. I still have to give them permission to take the money from me. Is this correct? or will they just take it from my credit card / bank account? I don't feel they can because I haven't given them authorization, since they are the ones who ruled in favour they can't tell me to pay.

Can someone any feedback about this? am i right? or will they take it from me?
Old 06-01-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,249 Posts
Activity: 24%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Item Not As Described Dispute Closed, Refund WITHOUT buyer having to return ite

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman99 View Post
I still have to give them permission to take the money from me.
are you sure? I am not a superexpert here but you have agreed to PayPal ToS when you joined, right?

..I guess they have all the right in the world.
Old 06-01-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
This is happening to me right now. Ebay has ruled in there favour and now my paypal has a negative number. I refuse to pay it.

What I'm wondering is if I stop using my paypal and my ebay account then they can't really take the money from me. I still have to give them permission to take the money from me. Is this correct? or will they just take it from my credit card / bank account? I don't feel they can because I haven't given them authorization, since they are the ones who ruled in favour they can't tell me to pay.

Generally with PayPal, if a dispute results in a negative balance, they won't take money from your funding sources (bank/cc) right away, but if you don't resolve the deficiency within a certain time frame, PP will limit your account and send you to collections. That said, they still may reserve the right to debit your linked bank acct if it gets to that point, but not 100% sure on that. I'd look to their User Agreement for guidance on that particular matter.
Old 06-01-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

Welcome to the forums. Are the accounts in your real info? PP could take you to collections...
Old 06-01-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

So, above you have 1 guy saying they will take it eventually and the next guy saying they could take you to collections. Both are good points, and it may help to get more info from you.

If you do not plan on using the account anymore then remove your bank and credit card. If you remove then they definitely cannot take money from those funding sources.

How much in the negative are you? This does matter because some amounts are just not worth chasing after.

Is this a stealth account or an account with your real info? If it is your real info, then you may want to really consider how important it is to you. I can tell you that a real account is irreplaceable and you should consider not letting it go.
Old 06-01-2017

Longevity: 72%

Yep, it happens, nothing you can do, you just have to, in the words of the EB customer rep "take one for the team". :(
Old 06-01-2017

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Yep, it happens, nothing you can do, you just have to, in the words of the EB customer rep "take one for the team". :(
never heard that one. Usually it's " cost of doing business".
Old 06-06-2017

Longevity: 72%

Another good one. :(
Old 06-06-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 40%

This is so disheartening. I swear the 10 times this has happened to me, ALLLLL TENNNN times it was done by someone who 100% knew what they were doing.

If I at least got the product back, I could get at least 70-75% as opened, incomplete, or lightly used when I resold it, cutting down on most of the loss. But they get to keep the product AND the money.

This would be so much easier to deal with as the cost of doing business, if for a full 120 seconds a competent human in the USA was on the phone and reviewing the details of the case and decided one way or another. Just two minutes. They could look at it and decide yay or nay, even if they were wrong 1/2 the time. But for it to all be done basically by default with no consideration whatsoever by a legit human brain and come out of my pocket, even with the solid fees they take out, well it just really stings every single time.
Old 06-06-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:

Dude, unless it's a really really lot, I'd suggest you pay it and move on. You're not fighting a human, nobody is going to learn your opinion or see it from your perspective, and you won't gain from it. Not even in the satisfaction of someone smarting from the negative balance.

Instead, just focus on yourself and moving forward- isn't the amount lost worth paying to keep your already established account, your seller history, feedback, and so on? Fleabay is a big machine, it's not even going to be slowed down by .000001 percent by you standing in front of a tank with your little flag. It's harsh, but it's what I've learned over time. When I started Ebay I used to pick out the pennies from the dirt on the floor of my pickup, now after years of getting ripped off by people and writing it off as a loss in the interest of moving forward, I no longer even pick up shiney quarters off the ground when I see them.

Anyway, focus on the value of your time, your account, and your own progress. If you internalize it or try to push back against Fleabay you will just drive yourself nuts and your hair will turn gray. And not in a George Clooney way, either. Mine fell out.

Let it go. Pay it off to zero out your account, and move forward, and be ready, because it's going to happen again at some point. And when it does, come back here and b*tch about it, we'll be here and will listen over some coffee then too.

Last edited by Elliot; 06-06-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Its a matter of keywords that the buyers are using, with a bot and the rep on the line they are calling. That ends all the problems of the buyer returning the item(s) and they get to have their money returned.