indefinitely suspended from selling - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-25-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default indefinitely suspended from selling

My Ebay account and both of my husbands were indefinitely suspended 3 weeks ago.However, we can still buy, just can't sell anything. Does this mean it might be possible to get our selling privileges back, and if so, how long should I wait before requesting reinstatement? Or should I just start all over? This was our main source of income, and we are really struggling.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-25-2011

Longevity: 82%

I think you should just start all over, I am in a similar spot.

Sucks that eBay still holds all the cards, why can't someone take the auction business from them?
The Following User Says Thank You to random_user For This Useful Post:
squirmy (03-25-2011)
Old 03-25-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I wish someone would, I hate even having to deal with them.
Old 03-26-2011

Squirmy, what did they say was the reason for your suspension?
Old 03-26-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

My husband had some vero violations, so they shut down all 3 accounts, even though I had nearly 1200 positive feedback on my account.

I hate to just give up on these accounts if there's any chance we might be able to get them reinstated, because they're already established and I had many returning customers.

But I know that if I start all over with a new account, I can never sign back on to these old ones again, and we'll never know if we could've been reinstated.

We would much rather have our original accounts back, but how long would we have to wait?
Old 03-26-2011

Longevity: 76%

I was kicked off of ebay 3 months ago; I had 3 accounts; they linked them all and closed all of them down. And I was told after asking, that they would not reinstate any of them. I had vero violations on all of them. (I was making an item from authentic material, but since they were not made by the vero rights holder that is considered a violation). My quick advice to you is to ask ebay if they will reinstate your accounts; this way you will know for sure. they will say yes or no. Probably no. They won't want your ebay to go on because they know your husband will try to list on yours. As I have read here, selling VERO will always be a problem. You have to try to find something else to sell that is not VERO, OR, spread your vero items over many ebay accounts, that you can purchase here. I have used a coupla sellers and they work fine. There is no shortcut to getting back on once you are booted. But there is hope thru this forum. Amen.
The Following User Says Thank You to marmalade For This Useful Post:
squirmy (03-26-2011)
Old 03-27-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the advice, guess we'll give it a try. I just want to explain more about the vero violations.We weren't trying to sell counterfeit items or anything. We didn't even realize that they were vero items. I try to stay away from those items because they are such a risk. What they were was "Archaic" brand t-shirts and hoodies, and we thought Archaic was made by "Affliction" (apparently everybody else on Ebay does too, because they're all listed the same way ours was, and they still haven't been removed), so we listed them as "Archaic by Affliction". Apparently it was using the "Affliction" name that got us in trouble because Archaic is not made by Affliction. We assumed it was o.k. to list them this way because that's how most of the others on Ebay were listed. It truly was an honest mistake.
Old 03-27-2011

Default Vero violation

I think if you believe that you did not violate any rules, you can present this to ebay in a phone call and or email. When I contacted them in the beginning by phone about getting my accounts back, the fellow I spoke with told me to write out a detailed email explaining my situation. It was fruitless for me. They said no. I know that there are other people selling these t shirts listed the way you listed them, maybe they will get shut down and maybe they won't. The only thing that matters is moving forward to get your accounts back if indeed this was a mistake and they forgive you; or just moving on. As I mentioned earlier, it might be difficult to continue selling this t shirt if you do start new accounts. I just listed 4 items and none of them are vero, and they are slow sellers. It is tempting to sell vero because that's what sells the fastest. But new accounts are closely monitored. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to marmalade For This Useful Post:
squirmy (03-27-2011)
Old 03-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Without Vero items the profit ratio is so low that its not much worth it. If you find a nitch then maybe....But those are almost impossible to come by.
Old 03-29-2011

I got "indefinitely suspended" for selling a vero item.
I tried to call and talk to someone at eBay, but they would not talk to me. They said everything had to be done by email.
Now when I try to send emails, they (eBay) do not even respond to me.
I was a power seller with 2740 feedback (99.8% positive)
I just purchased the Stealth Book. I hope it helps to get me selling again.
Old 03-31-2011

Default How to talk to an ebay rep live

Bootedbyeebay, if this is helpful, when I got the ebay rep on the phone to discuss my suspension, the phone number (and code provided) was from a link on ebay related to my suspended account. Can't remember the exact path, but from the message on ebay where it says you are suspended, you can go to a link, what to do about suspended accounts or something like that, once you are there, on the right hand side there was a phone number that said call ebay to discuss your suspension or something like that. Then they told me to write a detailed email. Then of course they told me where to go.
Old 03-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootedbyebay View Post
I got "indefinitely suspended" for selling a vero item.
I tried to call and talk to someone at eBay, but they would not talk to me. They said everything had to be done by email.
Now when I try to send emails, they (eBay) do not even respond to me.
I was a power seller with 2740 feedback (99.8% positive)
I just purchased the Stealth Book. I hope it helps to get me selling again.
They will respond eventually. It's just a matter of days or weeks... or months
Old 04-03-2011

Default suspended

My account was suspended due to shipping costs. I have 100 percent possitive feedback. I they don't like the shipping costs why would you purchase something. It's just an ebay excuse to get rid of small buyers. I've seen many, many sellers that charge way more than I do for shipping, but I get suspended. I don't understand. Ebay wants free shipping so that they get more money. that's the bottom line. This is why now they are tying shipping cost with the sell price. All for the money.
Old 04-06-2011

my ebay account (sold footwear before) is now indefinitely suspended from selling as well, due to the shipping time, even though I specifically cited that all the items would take 10-15 business to reach the buyers. W

Last edited by TGMT²; 04-06-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-11-2011

People, why are you all replying to her question, with your own whining? Seriously, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but let's try and help each other, rather than contaminating other's threads, with our own complaints that go nowhere in helping the original poster.

I may have been banned from eBay for a similar reason as the original poster, but telling her that, gives her no help, nor anyone else for that matter.
Old 04-12-2011

Ebay recently let me start selling again. I sent a couple email's then a week later, they said they reviewed my feedback and gave me the o.k. to start selling again... This time trying to mix up free shipping, calculated shipping to try and do it proper. I was trying to get bottom line costs and profit margin in shipping. Also had a few who left neg. feedback over things like me refunding them cause of listing errors...