Your item was handed over to Customs(CHINA) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 01-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Your item was handed over to Customs(CHINA)

Ive searched and read through numerous US Customs holding items for a certain amount of time. But Ive yet to see anyones packages that have been held in China. Where their laws are much different than the US.

If one orders a product and the status is now ( Your item was handed over to Customs(CHINA) ), how long is it usually for China to clear items? Also, its only this package, as another package was mailed to the same addresss at a later time and its already inside the US, rather than stuck with this package.

Im only posting this because there is no other post about items being held in China, not US.

If anyone has any experience with China held items let me know.

Update: The seller was able to pickup the package from customs and reship the items out. Im assuming there was an error in the paperwork. The seller needed some more contact details than before.

But theyre on their way now. Thanks for everyones support!

Last edited by Burst; 01-16-2009 at 08:30 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-09-2009

Longevity: 90%

Usually if the item was coming to you and china claimed it, there isn't much you can do- only your supplier can in that case. Tell them to call and see if they can at least reclaim the package
Old 01-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

If you package was "Handed over to customs" that sounds like it is going through out bound customs.
If your package was "Seized by customs" that is a whole other story.
Your supplier should deal with it by refunding you or re-shipping your order.

I have had mine seized in China once. My supplier re-shipped it and all was fine.
Old 01-10-2009

Longevity: 94%

I've had stuff held for almost 2 weeks - Just the luck of the draw. Customs does a "check" of a sample group of out bound shipments - If you're part of the sample then you just wait patiently. I even had customs open my "Authentic" coach items from China and inspect them - green tape all over the package. Arrived fine and in perfect resale condition!
Old 01-11-2009

Longevity: 88%

I've had items held by US customs. In one situation it was held for 2 weeks. When i t was finally released they wanted over $200. They levied the tax based upon NEW US items (it was NFL football Jerseys).. Just a warning, they really do monitor the stuff (sometimes).
Old 01-12-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

ask the receiver of the package to go to his local custom agent to claim the package ,tell them the value of the item is under 150USD,
Old 01-12-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for everyones words on this matter. Its been week 1 with still no updates. The seller stated he contacted customs and that they would take care of it. Im not sure if its true. But if I dont hear anything in another week or so Ill ask him to try and claim it.

Ill post if anything new happens. Right now the status is "handed over to custom" not "seized by customs". So thats a plus.
Old 01-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

my items are held from china when they come in through california - but when they come in through new york - they are never held - i get them the next day after that - has any one else noticed this happening to them or is it just my luck so far - my items have never been held for more than 4 days but they have only opened just one of my packages although they have held many
Old 01-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

I had packages held in san francisco customs, they dont usually open them, but mere volume causes them to take long to process. I called them once, they said if it has not been 30 days, they wont even attempt to tell you what is going on with the package...the clerk said they had a FOOTBALL FIELD of parcels to sort. New York system is much more efficient.
madmuppet303 (05-20-2013)
Old 01-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

so how can we make our packages come through ny instead of ca - is it possible??
Old 01-13-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Other than mailing it to an address closer to NY than CA Im not sure.

Supposedly the seller cleared everything up and tracking should be working tomorrow. We'll see about that.

However, now I have the package that was sent after this stuck in NY Customs. I made the call and received the same "It hasnt been 30 days yet" ordeal. What a pain in the ass. Im hoping the one held in china can slip past whatevers happening to my other package.

Ill keep you updated.
Old 01-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Your suppliers location in China determines whether it goes into NY customs or San Fran customs. I got tired of dealing with the problem and asked my supplier to start using UPS instead of EMS. It cost more, but my packages so far have arrived with no problem and ALOT faster i.e., 12 days for EMS, 2 days for UPS.
Old 01-14-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

My package in NY cleared this morning. 5 days total for that. I've had them stay in customs for one minute before haha
Old 03-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Default What Customs 2 Choose??

I just spoke to one of my suppliers from China today, and he sent me a package on the 26th. It arrived in USA on the 28th and now its in San Fran Customs for ... maybe I'll get it Monday

Now, he tells me next time he can ship it through NY Customs if I want.
Of course I want - I told him I didn't know he had the option of choosing where the package goes.:D

Apparently Yes!

Well now we all know we can get our suppliers to send our packages through NY instead of San Fran.

Why NY? Cause I get my packaged on the next day it hits NY.

Why Not San Fran? Cause I get my packages.........whenever.

My supplier ships from Shenzhen.
Old 03-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^
NY or San Fran....
This usually depends on WHERE the package is shipped from in China.
The shipper, if they are any good, already know this information.
And they can ship from different locations easily.

I have had shipments get split into as many as 5-7 different boxes shipped out on different day from 5-7 different locations.
They company I use is VERY good. They have even shipped items to me for FREE to cover damaged that happened during transit.
I have NEVER had a package seized.
Old 03-29-2009

Longevity: 89%

Its all luck , Mostly random had a huge box no problem and than a small package taken ..iF all the new rules an technology go into affect in the next year it will get real difficult thats why i stopped messing with it.
Old 03-31-2009

Hi there! I too right now have packages being held in the San Francisco customs.. And it has been in there for 8 days now.. Has anyone ever had thisd problem with San Francisco customs? Normally when my supplier ships me a package and it reaches custom it clears right away but not this time.. Any info would help.. Thank you!
Old 03-31-2009

Usually over 10 days... they are keeping it and it you will get a letter from customs in about 2-6 weeks giving you the option to fight it if you think the items are legit ..from what i understand your address will be flagged ..maybe some others hav beeter exp. with Sf.
Old 03-31-2009

What do you mean my address will be flagged? I didn't even do anything wrong i just bought some stuff from a seller from china for myself thats why i wanted my items..
Old 03-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%

Orion, I dont know if you saw my thread a few months ago that I started asking almost the exact same question about customs. I had a package get held by customs for about 2 weeks (it was on Dec 29 so I fugured it had something to do with the holidays). My packages usually are in and out of China customs within a day. Usually, it will only take 5-7 days for delivery.
Old 03-31-2009

If they deem your items to not be legit they will flag your address through the tracking system ... gotta a friend that he now has to use the mailbox etc type of places ...suppose to be updating their sytem in the next year and once you are on it they will take a closer look at all packages this is why i stopped ordering - there are better ways to make money online just gotta work harder i found out.
Old 04-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

My package arrived yesterday - total delivery time was 4 days - i suspect it was in San Fran customs for a lil while cuz it was the weekend and it got released Monday and arrived Tuesday.

You guys wait that long to get your packages - really?

I dont pay any extra fees for fast shipping but my supplier is good and I get him to sell me things he dont even stock - so he is my go to guy for anything.

So mine arrives on average 3-4 days

Any way he will make sure my items pass through NY customs from now instead of San Fran and that way I'll get it faster.

I'm sure I would have had my package Saturday if it had went through NY.