Competition seller sabotage-please help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-30-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Unhappy Competition seller sabotage-please help

I am so happy to have found this forum since I have been searching for info all night.

I am a popular seller in my category and a mafia-like group of other sellers have ganged up on me and are getting others to buy from me just to leave negative feedback. Ebay is useless and is not helping. I am also getting tons of threats off of Ebay so of course ebay can do nothing about this either!! These sellers keep saying they are going to destroy me, ruin my account, etc.

My main question is that last week I got four emails saying that four VERY OLD accounts of mine were suspended because they were associated with a suspended user. Those accounts were over five years old and belonged to people in my family who used to live with me and those accounts were dead and hadn't been used in years. Somehow, my primary PowerSeller account (which is the only account I use) did NOT get suspended---thank god.

The accounts were under different e-mail addresses (aliases) under my master account, so that is how I received them. I had to explain this to Ebay when I called. I told them the old accounts belonged to my son etc. Ebay offered no helpful input as usual. I asked if my current account was in jeopardy and they could not answer that either.

-BUT- this all makes me very suspicious considering all of the harassment and stalking I get from these other sellers? Could they have somehow been behind getting those old accounts suspended? How could that even be possible? Still, I am having a hard time believing it is just a coincidence.

Can anyone offer advice about what might have happened? Do I need to worry about my main account being in jeopardy? How could a group of harassing sellers have access to accounts my family had years ago that I don't even remember existing?

I am going bats here. Thanks in advance for any advice!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

If one of those family accounts got suspended then the rest usually fall. The problem is that if all of those family accounts shared the same pc at one time or another they are FOREVER linked. So when one goes down, it is very likely that they all go down. Your powerseller standing may have spared your main account because it is a powerseller account and they want to give you the benefit of the doubt. But tread lightly on that account. Make sure you take care of your customers to avoid negs. Avoid any paypal disputes. Basically kiss the buyer's backside until you know they are satisfied. We all deal with spiteful sellers here, that's part of the business when you are a top seller. You can however, report each and every email you get to ebay and they WILL do something. I got many folks suspended for it. It's called malicious buying.

If you do get suspended, then read the forums and find out how to get started all over...it is possible to get back on ebay and sell, sell, sell. Feedback is overrated so don't get so bent on that when starting a new account. I sell very well with ZERO feedback. I see little difference in being a zero feedback guy and a 100+ feedback seller when it comes to net sales.

Last edited by ebaykilla; 04-30-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-01-2009

Longevity: 92%

yes. others can get your auctions removed , depending on what you are selling. If the items are being shipped and there is no visible breach of the rules in the auction, then it becomes difficult. But if many people complain about an auction, ebay will definitely take a very close look at it.
Old 05-03-2009

Ahh, the feedback phenomena.

I used to believe that the more feedback you had the better. This is true for certain categories.

Last year I had a account with 900+ FB go down, i started a new account from 0 feedback, i noticed sales were slow at frist, but once I hit 30FB and could go dutch, my FB's exploded along with my sales. This was in ebay motors.

In collector categories, I virtually sell the same number of items with high or low FB you would think that people would be a little more weary of buying collectors from a low FB person.. but nope, i've noticed the same amount of sales.

Most Vero items, FB doesnt matter. It's funny how most people selling VERO items have little to know feedback anyway

Neg's are pretty much the same.. the only negs I hate are "⊗⊗⊗⊗ XXXX" and people "telling on you" lol those suck.. but even after those people still buy haha..

I love ebay.
Old 05-03-2009

Longevity: 91%

Sure you do, Hitch!
Old 05-04-2009

seems ppl are just ruining reputations of good sellers by selling fugazi stuff, cheap knockoffs= cheap sellr!
Old 05-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
Sure you do, Hitch!
I really do love ebay. What other website out there, or business can you go from having no money to a fair amount of money within weeks.

Internet marketing is a close second, but it involves a lot more time and more technical know-how which some people can't get passed..