Ebay and Paypal how to verify Phone number in UK - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-23-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Ebay and Paypal how to verify Phone number in UK

My first post on this wonderful forum just thought i would start it off trying to help people. This is what i do when you need to add a phone number to a ebay or paypal account.

Go to Tesco Internet Phone - Tesco Telecoms

Register pick you area

you then get to choose a phone number with a area code

for me its 01642 because thats my area code

works perfect every time to verify paypal and ebay you just install the tesco internet phone application totally free :>

Hope i helped some one if not its ok
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-24-2009

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 87%

Hi,

Thank you for your interesting post. I have a few questions and would be very grateful if you could try and help me :

1. Are the telephone numbers from Tesco absolutely free? If so I assume you can only have one number (although I suppose you could register in another name to get another one).

2. Does the Tesco system allow you to divert calls to a landline / mobile phone or do you need to buy a internet phone from Tesco?

Thanks for your post once again...
Old 05-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Ive had a quick look at site, it says you need to get a tesco internet phone in store.

I think you get a number free but you have to sign up to a call plan, can the OP clarify these points?

There are alot of providers out there. If you dont want the hassle of voip downloading software etc and you dont intend to need alot of numbers, there are also, more expensive but easier to use virtual numbers that you just hook to your landline, eg tamartelecommunications.

Another voip is yahoo, I used it a while back for my ebayfrance account, I think theyve got limited uk numbers too like london/liverpool etc.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 05-24-2009 at 04:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
delboy (05-24-2009)
Old 05-25-2009
Threadstarter  

HI there no you dont need the tesco internet phone you can use a mic jus change it in the program settings works wonders for me you can also have as many numbers as you like just be re registering what takes 1min
The Following User Says Thank You to richooooo For This Useful Post:
delboy (05-25-2009)
Old 05-25-2009
Banned

Just downloaded the on screen phone, looks good bit like skype, but when trying to register it asks to select which hardware device i use, what do you put there then?

Last edited by vetus; 05-25-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-25-2009
Banned

Cool np sorted it!

Last edited by vetus; 05-27-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-22-2009

Longevity: 88%

does this stil work? any1 used lately as ive tried it an ebay have called but it dosent seem to respond when i press the digi they have asked for
Old 07-22-2009

Sounds good for ebay verification .

As far as i know no VOIP application works for Paypal verification .

Only a proper land line telephone number works for Paypal .

If you try to verify your paypal account with a VIOP application and it fails your SCREWED !> BIG TIME .
Then paypal send a letter out to your stealth address which will never arrive because it is a fal.se address.

You people just go round in circles asking the same questions and not coming up with any answers .

I supplied the answer to the phone verification problem for UK ebay months ago .

I came up with the best idea of getting a call sign , then getting new numbers from your provider.

And guess what , it works a treat .

I have four stealth ebay accounts linked to two seperate 2 paypal accounts (2 ebay accounts linked to 1 paypal account ) .

All accounts have been fully verified with fals.e documents faxed to ebay/paypal .

I can access all accounts at once on different laptops and wirless dongles meaning i have different ip's .

Once i have verified a paypal account by phone i ring my telehone provider and get them to change by landline , so that i have a new number ready for the next time.

It's all about preperation .

I don't bother with entropay for my paypal bank setup , entropay allows you to pay your ebay bills but you can't withdraw to engtropay - so what's the point ?
I simply ring up my bank and open a new cash card account , a few days later i have recieved my new visa bank account card in the post and i'm ready to go.

I'd love to stay and chat , but theres money to be made on ebay .

Last edited by crazed_ebayer; 07-22-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-23-2009
Banned

I have tested loads of voip numbers out this year, tesco, voipfone & soho66, none of them work for paypal verification, i think it must be because i am not in the UK if you lot at home get them to work ok. Anyway i'm back in UK next week so i will test them again & let ya know.
Old 07-23-2009

Longevity: 88%

yeh but guys this dosent seem to be working for Ebay :-S i recieve the call but it dosent recognise when i press the digit it asks for
Old 07-23-2009

Sorry crazed_ebayer but whom are banking with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed_ebayer View Post
Sounds good for ebay verification .

If you try to verify your paypal account with a VIOP application and it fails your SCREWED !> BIG TIME .
Then paypal send a letter out to your stealth address which will never arrive because it is a fal.se address.

You people just go round in circles asking the same questions and not coming up with any answers .

I supplied the answer to the phone verification problem for UK ebay months ago .

I came up with the best idea of getting a call sign , then getting new numbers from your provider.

I have four stealth ebay accounts linked to two seperate 2 paypal accounts (2 ebay accounts linked to 1 paypal account ) .

All accounts have been fully verified with fals.e documents faxed to ebay/paypal .

I can access all accounts at once on different laptops and wirless dongles meaning i have different ip's .

Once i have verified a paypal account by phone i ring my telehone provider and get them to change by landline , so that i have a new number ready for the next time.

I don't bother with entropay for my paypal bank setup , entropay allows you to pay your ebay bills but you can't withdraw to engtropay - so what's the point ?
I simply ring up my bank and open a new cash card account , a few days later i have recieved my new visa bank account card in the post and i'm ready to go.

I'd love to stay and chat , but theres money to be made on ebay .
Old 07-23-2009

I bank with Barclays but as farv as i understand all the najor Highstreet banks will let you open multiple current accounts .
I just tell them i need to split my money into different accounts , e.g for bills , rent , disposable income etc
Old 07-24-2009

Longevity: 85%

Hello Crazed Ebayer

I was reading your very useful post...

"Sounds good for ebay verification .

I'd love to stay and chat , but theres money to be made on ebay ."

Could you possibly clarify how you go abouts verifying your ebay and paypal accounts ie. with a false address and your phone method. It sounds like you have a very successful method without using the risky VOIP methods. I'd be so grateful for your help. Perhaps you could PM me

Many Thanks
Old 08-09-2009

Longevity: 85%

I just wanted to let people know I sucessfully verified an account using a number supplied by Tesco internet phone. I had no problem pressing the required digit on the virtual phone and ebay gave me the verification code.
Old 08-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

the post 8 regarding entropay is misleading, with a stealth account, ie different address from your bank account, you will need a vcc like entropay, simply asking your bank for a new visa isnt going to be of any use when inputting it in to paypal or ebay as the address wont match the account.

Using callsign- callsign apparently according to another forumer - rated1984 does supply you with a landline number geographically located to your house area, so needless to say your stealth address would have to be located on your road or be a variation of your own actual address (probably banned address, changing the last digit of postcode is often helpful)

voip can and has worked for some forumers for paypal, as long as the match up with the address is there , so choose carefully, 8 digits minimum more if poss...

Congrats, Tesco supplied you with a number that was sufficiently close to address according to pp databases to pass verification ..always a tricky hurdle

Last edited by oompaloompa; 08-09-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2009

Bob is your uncle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!1
Old 02-14-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyas View Post
does this stil work? any1 used lately as ive tried it an ebay have called but it dosent seem to respond when i press the digi they have asked for
I am having same problem. Did you manage to sort out please let me know? thanks
Old 02-15-2010
Threadstarter  

the way around it is to download tesco internet phone old version works straight away its on there website says its for win98
Old 02-16-2010

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by richooooo View Post
the way around it is to download tesco internet phone old version works straight away its on there website says its for win98
Richoooooo, I have w i n X p installed on my pc. Would the tesco software for win98 work on my OS? Thanks
Old 02-16-2010

Longevity: 83%

I've just tried to register this Tesco phone (win98 on win xp) and it comes up with the following message:

'Sorry, Tesco internet phone was unable to register your account at this time. Please try again later.'

Old 02-19-2010

Worked for me yipppeeeeee!!!!
Old 02-26-2010

worked on ebay but didnt work on paypal - so they are sending me letter instead? anyone experienced that?