Signature Confirmation Results - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 08-17-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Signature Confirmation Results

I am confused regarding how signature confirmation works regarding amazon transactions.

For example, I pay for signature confirmation, the customer signs it. Later, they say they never received the package and file a claim. Because I asked for signature confirmation and got it, does Amazon ALWAYS let you have your money because you got the signature? Or is there still a 50/50 chance they screw you over? I want to determine if its worth getting signature confirmation. I want to determine how much signature confirmation really helps for you getting paid in a dispute. Please let me know your opinion if you have experience with signature confirmation. Many thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Signature Confirmation Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by eager693 View Post
I am confused regarding how signature confirmation works regarding amazon transactions.

For example, I pay for signature confirmation, the customer signs it. Later, they say they never received the package and file a claim. Because I asked for signature confirmation and got it, does Amazon ALWAYS let you have your money because you got the signature? Or is there still a 50/50 chance they screw you over? I want to determine if its worth getting signature confirmation. I want to determine how much signature confirmation really helps for you getting paid in a dispute. Please let me know your opinion if you have experience with signature confirmation. Many thanks.
For item not received, they will NEVER side with the customer if it has Signature Confirmation. Even the Credit Card company won't back the customer for INR in this case.

Item Not As Described can still be an issue.

It's not worth the 2.50 or so unless the item is $100 or more. Also depends on your margins on the product. $100 is my personal rule.

If you're getting a significant amount of item not received claims, you need to investigate your shipping/packaging practices.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
eager693 (08-17-2015)
Old 08-18-2015

Longevity: 76%

I never had to sign for Amazon shipment. Even when ordered a computer. Computer one shocked me. So unless selling high value products might run into problems. I get tons of packages weekly and might have to sign for 1 a year. And I hate when it happens as they make me go to worse post office.
The Following User Says Thank You to jjohnson777 For This Useful Post:
eager693 (09-04-2015)
Old 08-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

I agree, it depends on the item but I use signature confirmation more on Amazon shipments than I do on eBay. Never had a problem when using sig confirmation.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
eager693 (09-04-2015)
Old 08-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

I use signature confirmation on 175+ on Amazon, just to be safe. I don't think it's necessary most of the time, but of course this depends on what you're selling. Tracking is really good these days and not so worried about not received. The real evil is just as usual, not Amazon, but eBay and their buyer wins 100% of the time policies. Hope that lawsuit gives them a shot to the balls.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
eager693 (09-04-2015), RosieTosie (09-06-2015)
Old 08-27-2015

Longevity: 76%

Well I just had to sign for $30 Amazon purchase first time in 15 years had to.
The Following User Says Thank You to jjohnson777 For This Useful Post:
eager693 (09-04-2015)
Old 09-01-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
For item not received, they will NEVER side with the customer if it has Signature Confirmation. Even the Credit Card company won't back the customer for INR in this case.

Item Not As Described can still be an issue.

It's not worth the 2.50 or so unless the item is $100 or more. Also depends on your margins on the product. $100 is my personal rule.

If you're getting a significant amount of item not received claims, you need to investigate your shipping/packaging practices.
Right. Most of us have done thousands of orders and only have "not received" claims (when tracking shows "delivered") maybe a handful of times. Depending on the cost of your items, it's easy to calculate whether or not SC is worth it:

Assume 1% "did not receive" claims before, assume 0% now (or resolved through SC). 100 x $2.5 = $250, so unless you're going to lose several hundred dollars on that one item, it's really not worth the trouble. Also, the 1% is truly an overestimate even for my items over $100.

1) You also have to factor in the potential negative feedback/AZ claim being on your record and decide if it's really worth it.

2) The people who would say "Item Not Received" in an attempt to defraud are probably NOT going to be stupid enough to do it when they sign for it. They're more likely to say "item not described - seller was scamming me!" So then is it really worth it to pay extra just have them complain about something ELSE fraudulently?

3) How many buyers are home during the day for signature confirmation? Then they have to sign a ticket on their door (which makes people uncomfortable) or go pick it up. I bet you'll get better feedback WITHOUT it.

Last edited by mshamazon; 09-01-2015 at 01:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mshamazon For This Useful Post:
eager693 (09-04-2015)
Old 09-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshamazon View Post
Right. Most of us have done thousands of orders and only have "not received" claims (when tracking shows "delivered") maybe a handful of times. Depending on the cost of your items, it's easy to calculate whether or not SC is worth it:

Assume 1% "did not receive" claims before, assume 0% now (or resolved through SC). 100 x $2.5 = $250, so unless you're going to lose several hundred dollars on that one item, it's really not worth the trouble. Also, the 1% is truly an overestimate even for my items over $100.

1) You also have to factor in the potential negative feedback/AZ claim being on your record and decide if it's really worth it.

2) The people who would say "Item Not Received" in an attempt to defraud are probably NOT going to be stupid enough to do it when they sign for it. They're more likely to say "item not described - seller was scamming me!" So then is it really worth it to pay extra just have them complain about something ELSE fraudulently?

3) How many buyers are home during the day for signature confirmation? Then they have to sign a ticket on their door (which makes people uncomfortable) or go pick it up. I bet you'll get better feedback WITHOUT it.
IDK, maybe, maybe not.

Personally, if it's 100 bucks or more, it gets sig confirmation. Most buyers know they are purchasing big ticket items and that means big risk. If they complain, I just state that I needed to make sure their package wasn't stolen by hoodlums. lol
eager693 (09-04-2015)
Old 09-02-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
IDK, maybe, maybe not.

Personally, if it's 100 bucks or more, it gets sig confirmation. Most buyers know they are purchasing big ticket items and that means big risk. If they complain, I just state that I needed to make sure their package wasn't stolen by hoodlums. lol
Haha yea those hoodlums do get around some porches on occasion. Yea I guess it all depends what you're selling and how often it seems to happen to YOU specifically. I didn't even think of Signature Confirmation when I started several years ago... then every time I have something happen I do another analysis and it just never ends up being close to worth it for me.

That and it always pisses me off when I get home and there's a tag on my door for a $25 piece of junk I bought lol but you're right - it wouldn't upset me if it was an expensive item.

On another note, you can actually put your signature on file and let them drop everything off every time. I've been doing that for a while due to safe neighborhood/lazy
eager693 (09-04-2015)
Old 09-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshamazon View Post
Haha yea those hoodlums do get around some porches on occasion. Yea I guess it all depends what you're selling and how often it seems to happen to YOU specifically. I didn't even think of Signature Confirmation when I started several years ago... then every time I have something happen I do another analysis and it just never ends up being close to worth it for me.

That and it always pisses me off when I get home and there's a tag on my door for a $25 piece of junk I bought lol but you're right - it wouldn't upset me if it was an expensive item.

On another note, you can actually put your signature on file and let them drop everything off every time. I've been doing that for a while due to safe neighborhood/lazy
Precisely. Everyone has different margins, and while 2.5% may be acceptable to me, it might not to someone else.

Maybe you only put sig confirmation on items valued above 250$, or whatever. Keep in mind that Amazon REQUIRES signature confirmation for items valued at 250$ or more, otherwise you will automatically lose and Item Not Received case.

More info here: (Amazon link!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200222890
eager693 (09-04-2015)
Old 09-04-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Precisely. Everyone has different margins, and while 2.5% may be acceptable to me, it might not to someone else.

Maybe you only put sig confirmation on items valued above 250$, or whatever. Keep in mind that Amazon REQUIRES signature confirmation for items valued at 250$ or more, otherwise you will automatically lose and Item Not Received case.

More info here: (Amazon link!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200222890
Yea, but Amazon has no metric for Signature Confirmation - they don't really care because you WILL lose a "not received" case EVERY time regardless of the value if you don't have Signature Confirmation (read your link), so it's a wash as far as requirements go.

Like you said, it's all about your risk comfort and person experience in the end. Anyway, you're the man Ghost - definitely have followed your stuff for a while here. Thanks for the chat
eager693 (09-04-2015)
Old 09-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Even with signature confirmation, It may get delivered at the wrong address and you still lost the case.
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
eager693 (09-07-2015)
Old 09-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
Even with signature confirmation, It may get delivered at the wrong address and you still lost the case.
MAYBE. Per Amazon:

Quote:
Product(s) Shipped with Signature Confirmation Tracking: Tracking Shows Delivery and Buyer Claims Item Not Received
If the name on the signature confirmation matches the buyer, the A-to-z Guarantee team will deny the claim. If signature confirmation does not match the buyer, the A-to-z Guarantee team will deny the claim and ask the buyer to follow-up with the individual that signed for the package. Guarantee claims for packages that are signed for by a freight forwarder or an agent of the buyer (e.g. receptionist, family member) will be denied. However, if an investigation determines that the customer did not receive the order due to a shipping error beyond his or her control, the seller may be held liable. We anticipate that this would be a very rare occurrence.
eager693 (09-07-2015)
Old 09-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I would definitely use signature confirmation when shipping expensive items. However, nothing will protect you 100% because a scammer who receives your item and signs for it is most likely smart enough to claim the item was not as described, rather than not received. Sometimes you just have to take a hit - it happens from time to time.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
eager693 (09-07-2015)