Help getting ungated selling gated Brand in Amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-22-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Help getting ungated selling gated Brand in Amazon

Anyone had any luck submitting made up letter of authorization? I'm playing around with the idea, just wasn't sure if Amazon would verify it somehow or not. I see A LOT of brand new sellers on Amazon at the moment who somehow got un gated to sell some of the major HUGE brands that I know for a fact would never give authorization to resell to anyone out there. I assume they used a made up authorization. There are many floating around, however, most of them are simple 1 page letters. Seems to me that it would look very suspicious that Nike, or someone as big, would give a 3rd party Re Seller rights in a simply 4 sentence letter of authorization. Then again, who is reviewing these at Amazon? If it is an Indian kid across the globe, maybe it would fly?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Help getting ungated selling gated Brand in Amazon

So what happens when Amazon calls up your made-up company and no one answers? There's an easier way.......think outside the box.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
johnking72 (06-17-2019)
Old 04-22-2017

For most brands you need invoices OR letter of authorization. Only certain ones require both
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
alekov (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017

Longevity: 64%

Them all selling brands not under the brand it self.. for EX if selling SAMSUNG brand items them write SAMSUNG-PHONE on the brand when them list the item. Amazon allow that ..
But its not a good list if you will use it under the brand.. at this way any one with no approval will can sell under you (Chinese) and cut your price in half or more.
Old 04-23-2017
Threadstarter  

booras, thank you brother, but that doesn't work. I just had an account go down twice for creating listings with a mispelled brand name (for instance instead of Nike, use Nike Air). After I listed ten or so items, and sent a FBA shipment with them, about 2 days later I received a suspension for listing brands I'm not authorized to list. :(

So no that doesn't work. It may work for few days, but you will inevitably go down.

MM78, I need your help brother, can you advise on what you mean? I'm racking my brain and can't figure this out. I was planning to use the real company info (for example Nike), and download an invoice and create a letter using their real info, address, phones, emails, and etc. There is no way Amazon can verify with a large brand like Nike, it would take them months to hear back from someone there...

I'm curious what's your way though, you can PM me if you don't want to post it on here for everyone to see
Old 04-23-2017
Threadstarter  

Elmo, unfortunately all the large brands I used to sell and I'm looking to get back to selling seem to have the letter of authorization required. :(

I found one company, Luxotica, that has a reseller agreement encompassing 20 or so big brands in it, so they give you permission to sell any of those brands if you buy from them. This may work I guess, the problem is that they sell strictly sunglasses and I'm not sure if Amazon would care if you list shoes or something later on made by any of these Brands. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-23-2017

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekov View Post

MM78, I need your help brother, can you advise on what you mean? I'm racking my brain and can't figure this out. I was planning to use the real company info (for example Nike), and download an invoice and create a letter using their real info, address, phones, emails, and etc. There is no way Amazon can verify with a large brand like Nike, it would take them months to hear back from someone there...

I'm curious what's your way though, you can PM me if you don't want to post it on here for everyone to see
Id like to know too :/ Just got brand restricted on my best selling items. but yet I see plenty of less then 100-500 feedback guys selling the brand. What is also strange is I see competitors that i would best money are not authorized but they are still selling the brand just not selling the items we were both selling...they were actually shipping out different model numbers of those asins so I wonder if they killed that to prevent trouble.

Alot of rumors floating about getting ungated.....maybe a newbie rep will ungate with a receipt or have read threads on ideas that its a bot and they look at what you have sold in the past and sales history before approving.

maybe they have an insider helping out.