I'm joining a company that also sells on Amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-04-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default I'm joining a company that also sells on Amazon

Hi folks - I'll be joining a team that sells consumer goods. They are doing very little sales, thus I'll be the driver behind growing their Amazon business.

What precautions should I be taking? I do not want to jeopardize my account nor their account. Should I be adding myself as an authorized user under their account?

Thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: I'm joining a company that also sells on Amazon

Do you HAVE to use your account in affiliation with theirs? Why not use Ghost method and keep things separate?
Old 06-04-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Do you HAVE to use your account in affiliation with theirs? Why not use Ghost method and keep things separate?
Well, I plan to continue selling on the personal side. Is it really a big deal to Amazon if I sell individually and work for a company, who, with their own account, sell on Amazon?

Thank you!
Old 06-04-2017

Longevity: 55%

Buy (or explain to the company that it's a MUST) a brand new computer for you to run their amazon account on and buy a fresh Dedicated IP address for when you have to access the account when you're home.

I believe thats the best play here
Old 06-05-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobrockz View Post
Buy (or explain to the company that it's a MUST) a brand new computer for you to run their amazon account on and buy a fresh Dedicated IP address for when you have to access the account when you're home.

I believe thats the best play here
Thanks for writing. I'm totally new to this anonymity/creating a separate profile -- if I were to purchase a Dedicated IP address, with my now new computer would I be able to connect to my Wifi network at home?

Also, granted that they get me a desktop (and not a separate laptop) at the office, what's the best way to log into their Amazon account with my personal laptop?

Thank you!
Old 06-05-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Any others mind sharing their thoughts? Thank you!
Old 06-05-2017

Longevity: 55%

Using VMware is the only solution to signing into an amazon account on your personal computer
Old 06-06-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

To keep it super simple...

- New computer / laptop (VMware is a tad risky, it may not exactly be future proof).
- Dedicated Fresh IP
- Avoid using any of your details/financials on this new account, use wholly the business / executive's details.

This should be simple to do as technically I presume your just an employee. There's no reason why your personal details should be in any way affiliated with the business.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
rsot (06-06-2017)
Old 06-07-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
To keep it super simple...

- New computer / laptop (VMware is a tad risky, it may not exactly be future proof).
- Dedicated Fresh IP
- Avoid using any of your details/financials on this new account, use wholly the business / executive's details.

This should be simple to do as technically I presume your just an employee. There's no reason why your personal details should be in any way affiliated with the business.
Thanks for writing. The desktop will live at the office -- if I wanted to log into the business account at my home, how can I go about that?

I'll certainly separate out the personal and business details.

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Never doing your personal stuff at work, in your case you need more carefully because both selling on Amazon. Doesn't matter how careful you are, you will make a mistake sooner or later.

To running your personal Amazon business while at work. The best way is using teamviewer/logmein/remote desktop to your PC at home to keep thing separately
Old 06-08-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
Never doing your personal stuff at work, in your case you need more carefully because both selling on Amazon. Doesn't matter how careful you are, you will make a mistake sooner or later.

To running your personal Amazon business while at work. The best way is using teamviewer/logmein/remote desktop to your PC at home to keep thing separately
Thanks for writing. Does it warrant an immediate suspension if I was to be added as an Authorized User under settings? If I have to, I can make a separate email account to create a whole new account.

If this is in direct violation of Amazon's TOS, what's the purpose being adding an Authorized User anyway?

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgraham View Post
Thanks for writing. Does it warrant an immediate suspension if I was to be added as an Authorized User under settings? If I have to, I can make a separate email account to create a whole new account.

If this is in direct violation of Amazon's TOS, what's the purpose being adding an Authorized User anyway?

Thanks!
Authorized User is the account that the company assign to you to do the sell/job for for them on Amazon. And that account can only be doing that. You better not let them (the company) add your current seller account as a Authorized User to their seller account or both will be done.

Just remember keep thing separate between personal and work. If you need to login to your seller account while at work, used logmein/teamviewer/remote desktop to connect to your home PC to do it.
Old 06-08-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
Authorized User is the account that the company assign to you to do the sell/job for for them on Amazon. And that account can only be doing that. You better not let them (the company) add your current seller account as a Authorized User to their seller account or both will be done.

Just remember keep thing separate between personal and work. If you need to login to your seller account while at work, used logmein/teamviewer/remote desktop to connect to your home PC to do it.
Thank you, Tony. Let's say we flip it around and I want to connect to my work desktop on my Macbook while I'm at home.

By using one of the software you've mentioned and connecting while at home, wouldn't we still have the issue with 1 ISP (home which is associated to my personal account) and the business account via software? Or by logging in through the software have nothing to do logging in with my home ISP?

Appreciate your help!
Old 06-13-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Good news.. It'll be a laptop.

I just HAVE to make sure I don't connect to my home ISP and create association, right?

In that case, should I be getting a hotspot device of some sort? Any better alternatives?

Thank you!
Old 06-13-2017

Longevity: 51%

I think the best way for you would be to get 24vc.

Never login to Amazon from work.

Keep work and home separate.

You will most likely be getting a windows laptop.

Make sure you do this optional step.

http://www.24vc.com/guide?v=softether
http://www.24vc.com/guide?v=how-to-b...on-vpn-traffic

Basically, don't let any traffic leave that work computer unless it's VPN traffic. Ever. You can test it by dropping the VPN connection and seeing if it still works.

This to me would probably be a safe option for you, and you can still use only 1 home internet.

Don't be cheap, get the guaranteed Fresh IP.
Old 06-13-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkron View Post
I think the best way for you would be to get 24vc.

Never login to Amazon from work.

Keep work and home separate.

You will most likely be getting a windows laptop.

Make sure you do this optional step.

http://www.24vc.com/guide?v=softether
http://www.24vc.com/guide?v=how-to-b...on-vpn-traffic

Basically, don't let any traffic leave that work computer unless it's VPN traffic. Ever. You can test it by dropping the VPN connection and seeing if it still works.

This to me would probably be a safe option for you, and you can still use only 1 home internet.

Don't be cheap, get the guaranteed Fresh IP.
Thanks for your insight! With your recommendation, this fresh IP (is this interchangeable with Dedicated IP?) will be the only IP registered to my device whenever I connect to any WIFI whether it's home, office, or cafe?

Any reputable companies out there that sell fresh IPs? Thank you!
Old 06-14-2017

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgraham View Post
Thanks for your insight! With your recommendation, this fresh IP (is this interchangeable with dedicated IP?) will be the only IP registered to my device whenever I connect to any WIFI whether it's home, office, or cafe?

Any reputable companies out there that sell fresh IPs? Thank you!
I just told you

http://www.24vc.com/order
Old 06-17-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I've successfully set up my VPN/dedicated IP on a clean-slate laptop

Regarding browser fingerprint - do I have to be vigilant on not logging onto certain websites on my new work laptop, such as Facebook, forums, email, etc. that I've logged into on my personal laptop I've used for years?

Last edited by billgraham; 06-17-2017 at 03:56 AM.