I just got banned from amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-13-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default I just got banned from amazon

Is there any way to get it back?

edit: please move if this is in the wrong spot.

Last edited by oomalikoo; 10-13-2010 at 04:02 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oomalikoo For This Useful Post:
rothko (07-28-2016), Sell4more2 (05-17-2018)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Amazon ban = death of that account. All depends on what reason but even then forget it and move on.
Old 10-13-2010

Lucky for you, Amazon Ghost just got released. Pick up a copy and be back on Amazon in an hour or so!
The Following User Says Thank You to E-Nertia For This Useful Post:
webmillions (12-03-2015)
Old 10-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Please check out Aspkin's Amazon Ghost e-book.
There is a link in my signature.

The information in it is VERY valid and up to date.
ahamoment (10-28-2015), az1234 (11-10-2015), surcerouche (10-20-2010)
Old 10-13-2010
Threadstarter  

yea I just got it. Anyway I can get VIP for buying it? :D

From september 1st to september 23rd I sold 850. I went over the 750 limit as you say. but why did they choose to ban me now?

they didnt even review me just completely banned me. I had only 2 feedback and I only sold one item today and they banned me as soon as it sold.
Old 10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by oomalikoo View Post
yea I just got it. Anyway I can get VIP for buying it? :D

From september 1st to september 23rd I sold 850. I went over the 750 limit as you say. but why did they choose to ban me now?

they didnt even review me just completely banned me. I had only 2 feedback and I only sold one item today and they banned me as soon as it sold.

what was the reason in the email amazon sent you?
Old 10-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

You really DO need to UNDERSTAND WHY Amazon banned you. And, unlike eBay, they usually give you a reason. So read the email they sent you.

Then ask yourself - can I correct this? If the asnwer is NO, then stealth accounts will also just get shut down.

But can I take a guess? You are selling box sets of DVD's and/or software?

Amazon cancels a lot of those seller accounts as many people try to sell counterfeit merchandise in those categories. Amazon sells that stuff as well, and they KNOW what real distributor pricing is. So when you try to sell that $299 box set of DVD's for $99.95, they KNOW what you are up to. Same thing when you try to sell Windows 7 Ultimate for $79.96. And even sellers with LEGITIMATE merchandise have a difficult time surviving in those categories.

Last edited by jeffweico; 10-13-2010 at 08:52 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
ahamoment (10-28-2015), cheapstudent (01-11-2014), defon (07-09-2013), Long Mike (03-26-2014), RetroRedneck (02-22-2017)
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
You really DO need to UNDERSTAND WHY Amazon banned you. And, unlike eBay, they usually give you a reason. So read the email they sent you.

Then ask yourself - can I correct this? If the asnwer is NO, then stealth accounts will also just get shut down.

But can I take a guess? You are selling box sets of DVD's and/or software?

Amazon cancels a lot of those seller accounts as many people try to sell counterfeit merchandise in those categories. Amazon sells that stuff as well, and they KNOW what real distributor pricing is. So when you try to sell that $299 box set of DVD's for $99.95, they KNOW what you are up to. Same thing when you try to sell Windows 7 Ultimate for $79.96. And even sellers with LEGITIMATE merchandise have a difficult time surviving in those categories.
But when you sell them used, that's when it gets fun.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (09-12-2015), madmuppet303 (09-28-2011), techbayelectronics (05-28-2012), yojimbo (04-24-2015)
Old 10-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

OK...

I just saw in another post in another thread that you were banned for selling counterfeit items. You mentioned Disney DVD's.

Disney DVD's are probably THE MOST COUNTERFEITED DVD's in existence.

And, they are relatively easy to spot. First, all LEGITIMATE DISNEY DVD's come with a slipcover. Many of the counterfeits don't. Often, the package has misspellings in the description. The UPC codes are often wrong. Sometimes, they have the term "DVD-9" on the packaging, which would NEVER happen in the USA. And many of them do not come with those "Magic Rewards Codes". ALL legitimate Disney DVD's come with the Rewards Codes.

As for the DVD itself, they range in quality from "Cannot tell the difference" to TERRIBLE. And, for Region 1 discs, the included languages/subtitles are English, French, Spanish and Portugese. NOT English, Chinese, Thai, Farsi and whatever else.

You said that you did not have any complaints. I will add THAT YOU KNOW OF! Many times, a customer will report you directly to Amazon or the Motion Picture Association of America.

My best guess is that a customer complained to Amazon. Amazon looked at what you were selling and - in their best judgment - thought they MAY BE counterfeits. And that is enough to lose an account. Amazon does NOT have to PROVE that you are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗. They can close your account on suspicion alone. And they have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on this matter, so there is NO WAY to get the account back.

Please don't misunderstand, I am not judging you. I do not know you. Maybe you WERE selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and maybe you WERE NOT selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗. But Amazon seems to think that you were....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
alex068 (07-19-2012), CocoHead (12-05-2015), defon (07-09-2013), madmuppet303 (09-28-2011), webmillions (12-03-2015)
Old 10-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
OK...

I just saw in another post in another thread that you were banned for selling counterfeit items. You mentioned Disney DVD's.

Disney DVD's are probably THE MOST COUNTERFEITED DVD's in existence.

And, they are relatively easy to spot. First, all LEGITIMATE DISNEY DVD's come with a slipcover. Many of the counterfeits don't. Often, the package has misspellings in the description. The UPC codes are often wrong. Sometimes, they have the term "DVD-9" on the packaging, which would NEVER happen in the USA. And many of them do not come with those "Magic Rewards Codes". ALL legitimate Disney DVD's come with the Rewards Codes.

As for the DVD itself, they range in quality from "Cannot tell the difference" to TERRIBLE. And, for Region 1 discs, the included languages/subtitles are English, French, Spanish and Portugese. NOT English, Chinese, Thai, Farsi and whatever else.

You said that you did not have any complaints. I will add THAT YOU KNOW OF! Many times, a customer will report you directly to Amazon or the Motion Picture Association of America.

My best guess is that a customer complained to Amazon. Amazon looked at what you were selling and - in their best judgment - thought they MAY BE counterfeits. And that is enough to lose an account. Amazon does NOT have to PROVE that you are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗. They can close your account on suspicion alone. And they have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on this matter, so there is NO WAY to get the account back.

Please don't misunderstand, I am not judging you. I do not know you. Maybe you WERE selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and maybe you WERE NOT selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗. But Amazon seems to think that you were....
it was insanity's

I did have one problem with a customer but I dont think he reported me. His dvd's wouldnt play so i sent another. I think maybe amazon read the messageS?
Old 10-14-2010

I'm not an expert, but anything Beachbody is also very risky. Very similar to the Disney DVDs or any **** media.
Old 10-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
it was insanity's
Asking for trouble! eventually there will be a problem.
Old 10-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Selling any Beachbody video line on Ebay or Amazon will lead to trouble. There are many threads that discuss it or just google it and see what you come up with.
Old 10-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Beachbody is a big bitch....
Old 10-14-2010

Longevity: 85%

How many Insanitys did you list?(Quantity?) and during what time frame? and did you sell them as 'used'? then we'll know what triggered this

Last edited by OfficialGenius; 10-14-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-14-2010

Longevity: 83%

agree, stay away from Beachbody! and there are other sellers that report you and get you shut down. That pisses me off
The Following User Says Thank You to newtools For This Useful Post:
CocoHead (12-05-2015)
Old 10-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
it was insanity's

I did have one problem with a customer but I dont think he reported me. His dvd's wouldnt play so i sent another. I think maybe amazon read the messageS?
Shaun Insanity, the P90X and Beachbody are all owned by a company called Product Partners, LLC. They enforce their copyrights VERY aggressively through their law firm, Johnson & Pham. Selling counterfeits is generally a bad idea, but selling these products even more so.

And YES, Amazon keeps records of all messages, so if they see that discs will not play, that could very well have done it also. Legitimate DVD's have a failure rate of well under one percent. Counterfeits have a failure rate of anywhere between 5% and 30%, depending on the source. So if you receive a lot of complaints about defective discs, this will tip Amazon off as well.
Old 10-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Shaun Insanity, the P90X and Beachbody are all owned by a company called Product Partners, LLC. They enforce their copyrights VERY aggressively through their law firm, Johnson & Pham. Selling counterfeits is generally a bad idea, but selling these products even more so.

And YES, Amazon keeps records of all messages, so if they see that discs will not play, that could very well have done it also. Legitimate DVD's have a failure rate of well under one percent. Counterfeits have a failure rate of anywhere between 5% and 30%, depending on the source. So if you receive a lot of complaints about defective discs, this will tip Amazon off as well.
Thank You. Im positive it was the messages.
Old 10-14-2010

Longevity: 84%

If you were selling them as used then that shoudn't of been a problem, lot's of used dvds are defective, you must have listed it as new and Amazon read the message.
Old 05-22-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:

Whats really sad is I see people claim "real DVD's have a failure rate of less than 1%", I also see this type of statement from manufacturers and from stores.

The truth is a well hidden fact, most people simply do not buy enough quantity to know: real DVD's have a failure rate of at least 5%.

I know this from personal experience.

I personally own more than 1000 DVD's and have watched all of them (over a period of about 12 years), I've also watched 100's more that I no longer own.

In my personal experience I have had failure rate of between 5 and 10% each year (5 to 10 returns on about 100 purchases per year)

Anything I buy for myself is from either Columbia House or from actual retail merchants: Walmart, Target, Kmart, Blockbuster, etc.

Of the places I buy from Columbia House has the highest failure rate with Walmart close behind.

Some discs have been particularly unlucky, for example: Kickass(widescreen), I have yet to personally own a copy that is 100% perfect. So far kickass has had a 100% defective rate with 4 copies from 4 different sources all brand new, factory sealed. I bought my first from Columbia House, my second from Amazon, my third from Walmart and my fourth from Blockbuster.

The blockbuster and walmart copies I returned for a refund, columbia house I returned for an exchange (still waiting on the new one to arrive), and the amazon copy I returned for an exchange (it just arrived). I havent had a chance to try the new one from Amazon (that will be the 5th one I've tried). If it works I'll keep it and sell the copy I get back from columbia house. If it doesnt than I'll send it back to amazon for refund and test the columbia house replacement.

I went through something similar last year with Doctor Who sets. I bought all 5 of the new series plus the movie set, so 6 sets in total. EVERY set had at least 1 bad disc, some had 2, the worst had 3. It took me weeks to test my way through every set and than retest replacement discs. 4 of the sets I had purchased from columbia house, 1 I had purchased from best buy and 1 I had purchased from Amazon. As a last resort I ended up having to get some of the discs as netflix rentals and swapping them just to get playable copies in all 6 sets. Actually I am still in need of one more bonus disc to replace a bad one, but it doesnt have any episodes on that disc so it hasnt been a priority (netflix has been out of that bonus disc for more than a year and i dont feel like "buying" a new set to do a swap for only a bonus disc)

Amazon can pretend new DVDs have a low failure rate, but they are either ignorant or flat out lieing.

I don't think the average consumer sees the quantity of DVD's I go through to actually get a working failure rate over time the way I do.

As for testing "bootlegs" or copies, I've seen my share of those and was not including those numbers in anything I've talked about so far. The biggest risk I've seen with those is from poor quality and improper packaging. I once saw an NCIS season 5 bootleg with "6 discs" proudly displayed on the package, and inside was 6 discs. Unfortuantely whoever produced it failed to realize the real season 5 has 5 discs, the 6th disc was blank, they had no content to put on it. They had simply made it 6 discs to match all the other seasons that had 6 discs. Other than that, the packaging was 100% identical to the real thing and the other sets had the correct number of discs, all played properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to ninjavega For This Useful Post:
Lolitax (02-02-2014)
Old 08-07-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
OK...
Unless Walmart is now selling bootlegs, this is no longer true.

The local Walmart here has tons of disney DVD's that:

1. do not have slip covers

2. do not have security stickers holding the case shut (only the shrink wrap)

3. do not have disney rewards codes

4. UPC codes that do not match what is sold at other stores or on amazon

I've actually bought direct from China, product I am 99.9% certain was bootleg (as in I paid about $3 a dvd), and they matched 100% to what is being sold at our local walmart. The only difference is from Walmart it has a little walmart stick on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ninjavega For This Useful Post:
CocoHead (12-05-2015), helpme1 (08-10-2011)
Old 08-11-2011

Longevity: 77%

Walmart sells bootleg paul mitchell stuffand other hair supply brands soo im sure it sells bootleg dvds too
The Following User Says Thank You to Iwuvcurrency For This Useful Post:
CocoHead (12-05-2015)