Going to send my first group to FBA - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-13-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Going to send my first group to FBA

Well I am diving into sending my first group to FBA but I am not going to send a ton of items.

Like many of you and a vet here explained if they can the account you have to pay to get your items back.

Any suggestions or tips on sending items to FBA would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The labeling process is also very confusing in a way. Any tips on that I would also appreciate.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-14-2014
Banned
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Going to send my first group to FBA

No help from anyone?
Old 03-14-2014

Longevity: 80%

Did not see this, first thing i do is for the labels, sticker-less its easier and takes a lot less time. Let amazon do that, they do charge .10 cent per item for that service though so it can add up quickly if not they give you an option to print the label and cover the barcode for the item you are sending.

Second, depending on what you sell you will have ppl buy your stuff and return their junk more often as amazon really doesn't care and will issue refund for any reason.

Personal experience note: FBA seems to always lose or damage my stuff and their refund at times doesn't even cover the cost of the item, so be aware of that

As I'm sure you know FBA is great and should increase your sales

After a hiccup around xmas time i started to send most of my items to FBA to clean up my metrics. Its a slow process but I'm hoping in another month or so my metrics will be good again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (03-15-2014)
Old 03-15-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

As Gamefreak says, you have the choice to label your own stock or let amazon do the work. If time is on your hand, buy the labels and do it yourself.
If amazon suspend your account or you want your goods back, yes amazon charge you, but why shouldn't they. They have to repack and ship the goods back to you. If your account is deleted then your stock is gone forever.
I use FBA on all amazon platforms and sales are maybe 10 times better than a self fulfilled merchant, but the negatives amazon decide everything, refunds,damaged stock. Commissions are higher with postage credits etc. But if your margins are good, then its no problem. If you need more info then please pm me
The Following User Says Thank You to MICKY H For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (03-15-2014)
Old 03-15-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

You can watch the Youtube videos under the channel "FulfillmentbyAmazon" to get an idea of the labeling process. Be sure to watch the "Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA): Prep Videos" channel so that you know the required way to label and package the various items (for instance, you are limited to 4 oz. of any liquid item that is shipped in a glass container.)

You can opt to have Amazon destroy your inventory vs. sending it back ($.15 versus $.50 per standard size item).

Also, I would caution against selecting 'commingling' for any items--especially items susceptible to counterfeiting/bootleg like DVDs etc. If you sell a commingled item it means Amazon can choose the product you are selling randomly (from amongst other sellers' inventory of the identical item). If the item ends up being a knock-off, the blame may fall on you. It doesn't happen often but it has happened before and can get the account suspended.
The Following User Says Thank You to 90210 For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (03-15-2014)
Old 03-15-2014
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
As Gamefreak says, you have the choice to label your own stock or let amazon do the work. If time is on your hand, buy the labels and do it yourself.
If amazon suspend your account or you want your goods back, yes amazon charge you, but why shouldn't they. They have to repack and ship the goods back to you. If your account is deleted then your stock is gone forever.
I use FBA on all amazon platforms and sales are maybe 10 times better than a self fulfilled merchant, but the negatives amazon decide everything, refunds,damaged stock. Commissions are higher with postage credits etc. But if your margins are good, then its no problem. If you need more info then please pm me
Awesome. Thank you.