2 active accounts on Amazon and their suspension risks - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-11-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default 2 active accounts on Amazon and their suspension risks

Hi Guys,

I have an Amazon account, which is going strong selling across Europe, Canada and America.
Unfortunately America got suspended last week as someone said one of my items is a copyright.

I've read the stealth guides and going to get back on very soon after I do some more research

My question is this, if I open a stealth account in the UK also (to increase sales), again selling across Europe via this, and if Amazon for whatever reason detects both accounts and links them, will they suspend both or just the newer one?

Another thing about my items is that they are imported from China, therefore no EAN's, I use GS1 for my EAN's currently.
Can I sell the same products under different EAN's for each stealth account and just change the title slightly for the goods? We have around 24,000 listings.

Last question. When I initially started on Amazon, I was never aware of their velocity limits, so went full speed ahead, did around £20k in month one, and never got suspended. This was the same for all the countries I sold in for Amazon. America and Canada went into reviews, but I managed to get out of these reviews despite having high sales.
Has anyone else had this experience or was I just lucky that I didn't get kicked out?

Looking forward to your replies.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-11-2014

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: 2 active accounts on Amazon and their suspension risks

How long are you on AZ Platform?

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-11-2014 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-11-2014
Threadstarter  

I've been selling on UK for about 2 years now and USA just over a year roughly.

Regards
Old 04-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidy88 View Post
Last question. When I initially started on Amazon, I was never aware of their velocity limits, so went full speed ahead, did around £20k in month one, and never got suspended. This was the same for all the countries I sold in for Amazon. America and Canada went into reviews, but I managed to get out of these reviews despite having high sales.
Has anyone else had this experience or was I just lucky that I didn't get kicked out?
Seems like what you are selling is not seen as risky to Amazon then AND you got a bit lucky...how? Difficult to say
Old 04-11-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks Rsot.
We do sell a range of items from phone cases, to light bulbs, make up accessories, etc etc. But nothing high end, like our average sale is around £6, or around $10

No DVD's or anything like that which can easily be copyrighted either.

Do you think that has to do with it, because getting lucky once is ok, but this has happened across all countries.

Regards

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-15-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Can anyone advise on what happens if Amazon links both accounts? Do both get suspended or just the newer one?

Regards
Old 04-15-2014

Longevity: 76%

Impossible to say what Amz will do.

But, based on how strict Amz are with regards to a user having more than one account, there is a strong possibility both could go down if they see the link...

Zaidy, can you keep us updated on how you get on with opening the new UK stealth Amz ?

Just interested, as word on the street is Amz have upped the difficulty level over the last few months.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-15-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-15-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

Both accounts will be suspended as they are both in breach of amazon terms. Also if you are listing so many products they will link your stock to both accounts.
Why risk using two accounts when you seem to be OK on one.
Old 04-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Can anyone advise on what happens if Amazon links both accounts? Do both get suspended or just the newer one?

Regards
Both accounts are suspended.

Chance of funds never being released.

Old 04-16-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies guys.

Based on the comments, I think it's best I do not go down the stealth account road in the UK as my one account is doing well for now and don't want to be putting that at risk.

I will be setting up a USA stealth account soon (after doing more research) so will certainly let you know how I get on.
The ghost guide was great so hopefully it works.

However, I do know one person who runs multiple Amazon accounts (all newly set up), so I'll keep an eye on his accounts for a few months and if his new accounts are still about, I might arrange a meeting with him and see how he goes about doing it and then put a post up here if there is anything useful

Greenbean, you said that the funds may never be released, is Amazon allowed to just keep our money? What if it is tens of thousands?
Old 04-16-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

If amazon see you have made a blatant breach of there terms they will delete the account and keep the money. I know from experience. Can they do it, who knows, start litigation and they have $1m or more to every $ of yours. You cannot win.
Old 04-22-2014

Longevity: 62%

I went full blown steam on amazon accounts if your not selling foo foo items ... being in review they just to see if your sending your items in timely manner and there no complaints you should be fine. Also you need to strategize your selling across multiple platforms you can endanger your sales channel in other countries. I would suggest making 3 accounts in each amazon platform so if one goes down your still able to sell without starting from scratch and spread your sales out on those 3 accounts per country
The Following User Says Thank You to machine1 For This Useful Post:
zaidy88 (04-22-2014)
Old 04-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine1 View Post
I went full blown steam on amazon accounts if your not selling foo foo items ... being in review they just to see if your sending your items in timely manner and there no complaints you should be fine. Also you need to strategize your selling across multiple platforms you can endanger your sales channel in other countries. I would suggest making 3 accounts in each amazon platform so if one goes down your still able to sell without starting from scratch and spread your sales out on those 3 accounts per country
Amazon still suspends/deletes even for accounts with NO foo foo items...
Old 04-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks for the replies guys.

Greenbean, you said that the funds may never be released, is Amazon allowed to just keep our money? What if it is tens of thousands?
Make sure you read & reread Micky's post.

AMAZON has given itself the right to do just what I said.

A seller joining amazon accepted their T&S and thus they play very very hard ball.

Read as much as you can on amazon & deleted/suspended accounts.

Pre-arm yourself for the future.

Good Luck
Old 04-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Your info is wrong.

amzon zapps accounts when it wants. Foo-foos are not always the issue

Old 05-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

But I read somewhere that Amazon.com does not share info with Europe Amazon.

Do you know if this is true?

Because my US account is gone but my CA and EU accounts are still active, they all share the same info. So I have a feeling that they do not share info.
Old 05-06-2014

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

For sure US and CA can and will be linked, given enough time.

Happened to us originally. That's what got us into these forums.

Don't feel bad, we sold 1.2M in 12 months and they shut us down for linking.

Best of luck, but prepare for the worst.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phd For This Useful Post:
Lucifer (05-06-2014)