About to appeal on amazon! Last check before I hit SEND button - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-12-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Thumbs up About to appeal on amazon! Last check before I hit SEND button

Hello all
As the subject suggests i got the " your selling privileges have been suspended" email for selling a restricted candy product.
I got the notice of product removal may 15th and since I got it I stopped selling those restricted products immediately but nonetheless got suspended on June 7th. Though I can still log in ( unsure if that matters) I cannot sell anything. I processed all of my remaining orders.
Now I'm sitting and reading through the forums and seeing other peoples success stories hoping to be the next one but honestly I'm a little scared. I have written my appeal but before clicking SEND I just wanted to get a little advice from you all, after all I only got one shot !
My performance remains well below amazons set goals meaning I have never been close to hitting the red line with them all are below 1%
I have. Written what I'm planning to do, promised I won't sell the restricted products at all. I'm hoping since this is my first and it's a legit account I can maybe do ok?
I will in the meantime be setting up ghost account, but still would love to have a legit account in good standing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-12-2014

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: About to appeal on amazon! Last check before I hit SEND button

Just curious, did you get a warning before they suspended you? How did you know the candy was restricted?
Old 06-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Did not actually. I had the product in other, as a part of other, that one did not get deleted by them ( I did not even think about it) ad then got another notice where they removed those ( oooops!!!) and so now I am suspended. I will go thru all my listings if I was to be reinstated to make sure not to sell that item anymore obviously.
Old 06-13-2014
coolcity

Longevity: 0%

I don't want to worry you but I got suspended for selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ batteries - they weren't - following persistent attacks over several months by competitors.

I was one of the biggest battery sellers on there, had only one genuine A-z claim from tens of thousands of transactions, 99% feedback, the best of any seller in the category and Amazon were well aware of the competitor attacks yet still suspended me despite promising to support me just a couple of weeks earlier.

Despite everything AND promising not to sell any more batteries my appeal failed. They simply did not want to know.
Old 06-13-2014

Longevity: 65%

It basically comes down to whether the person reading your appeal is going to be a douche. You do the best you can, but you cannot control which rep gets your case.
Old 06-14-2014

Longevity: 57%

I was suspended from Amazon too.
I didn't know the consequences of counterfeits were that harsh. If they had warn me about counterfeits, I would have had pull me listings and sold something else ( they don't warn or anything and thats very scary)

Not to scare you, but I wrote one fine appeal about being a new seller and all.
and that I was not aware of the punishment and was truly sorry ......Ya da ya da.
But Amazon and let me stress this, They have a zero tolerance again counterfeits.

You could have made them millions, but in there eyes they see a million people thrashing them saying that they sell counterfeits on there website.

They're not having none of that.

Good luck with your appeal
Old 06-14-2014

Longevity: 59%

If you make them millions selling counterfeits, they won't be pleased.

Amazon as very risk averse. They do not like it. ⊗⊗⊗⊗ are about as risky as it gets.

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-15-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-15-2014
coolcity

Surely it is just basic common sense that if you are selling counterfeits then you are taking a huge risk? I'm stunned that you think the consequences were so bad, I it is illegal after all and you could have been facing a hefty fine and possibly jail.

Amazon, despite being one of the scummiest companies I have had the misfortune to work with in 27 years of being self employed, do want their customers to believe they are squeaky clean and counterfeits are a massive no-no. Take the chance if you wish but take the consequences if you get caught.
Old 06-15-2014
Threadstarter  

In my case there aren't any counterfeits in play, simply an item that I later found out was not ok to sell in the US :/
I wrote in on Friday the 13th, finally clicked the button, now awaiting the email and having a read on a ghost account so I can be prepared no matter what :D
Old 06-15-2014

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daga View Post
In my case there aren't any counterfeits in play, simply an item that I later found out was not ok to sell in the US :/
I wrote in on Friday the 13th, finally clicked the button, now awaiting the email and having a read on a ghost account so I can be prepared no matter what :D
Let us know the outcome
Old 06-17-2014
Threadstarter  

Outcome: I'm banned ! Moving onto ghost, thank you all for joining in my thread . Until next time
Old 06-18-2014
coolcity

not unexpected. Never mind, it's tough to take I know but just forget it and move on. Don't make the mistake of logging into the account again once the new one has been set up, sorry if that's stating the obvious but I've heard of a lot that do
Old 06-18-2014
Threadstarter  

Yeah it just sucks as it was a legit account so that's not cool but already got new plan in order and fortunately I was able to move some of my inventory onto eBay so that's not a total loss. Working on a new account right now, being careful just not to make any mistakes
Old 06-19-2014
coolcity

I know. same happened to me, nothing wrong with what I was selling but that's how it is and they are not bothered who they hurt.

In the past I would never have envisaged doing anything like this, but they don't care so why should we?

I wonder how much of Amazon's goods and cash is "stolen", made up of what they kept from sellers they kicked off. No doubt they sell the goods on through some back door operation rather than destroy them. As for the cash, they must have kept millions.
Old 06-19-2014

Yes, the back door operation sounds about right.

The main Amz site can often be the back door though.

As for the cash, yes you are right, must be in the hundreds of millions.