Only giving Amazon the correct Zip Code for accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-28-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Question Only giving Amazon the correct Zip Code for accounts

I've been reading around a little bit, and I keep reading that when Amazon verifies the information they receive, that they only check to make sure the Zip Code is correct, and that the street and address can be whatever.

Is this true for registering a debit/credit card for purchasing?

Is this true for registering a bank account and routing number?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-29-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Only giving Amazon the correct Zip Code for accounts

where did you read that s*** ?

I gave different ZIP for verificaation (=possport/driverslicence as required in EU), registration adress and creditcard zip are all different.

never had a problem verifying ...
Old 07-29-2014
Threadstarter  

I always thought the card would be declined if the address wasn't correct.

What all has to be true to get a card(for basic debit charges) accepted for buying on Amazon?

What all has to be true to get a bank account(for direct deposit) accepted for selling on Amazon?
Old 07-29-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

First have you used the address/zip code before with amazon.

If so you will be linked. You need to buy a simple gift card from your local for $30 then you will have no problems.

All amazon need is the bank account number and routing number, they don't request an address.
Old 07-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
First have you used the address/zip code before with amazon.
No, this card has never been used on Amazon and the address has never been used. The card and account(same card with the same bank account) will actually be in my best friends name(he got the card and is going to change the address to his dad's house) and he is going to let me use it. It's a prepaid debit card, the type that actually made him give his personal information to receive.

His is letting me do this as long as I order things to his dad's house on occasion(generally holidays). So, buying with the debit card is something I would rather do, than reloading the account with gift cards.

I am asking because I want to know if he even needs to change the address on the card.
Old 07-29-2014

Longevity: 81%

If your friend was asked to give his address when getting this card then probably yes he has to change address for it.
Old 07-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstons View Post
If your friend was asked to give his address when getting this card then probably yes he has to change address for it.
He did. He lives two houses down from me and had the card mail to his house.

I heard that the zip code is the only part of the address that has to match when using a debit card for ordering on Amazon. I'm assuming this information in incorrect then...?
Old 07-29-2014

I have never tried that, but I don't think that's true, because it doesn't make sense.
Maybe only VCC without AVS, but it would work everywhere not only in amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLauien View Post

I heard that the zip code is the only part of the address that has to match when using a debit card for ordering on Amazon. I'm assuming this information in incorrect then...?
Old 07-29-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

In the US with amazon its zip code only for verification as don't seem to use the CVV code. So are opening a buying account or selling account???
Old 07-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
In the US with amazon its zip code only for verification as don't seem to use the CVV code. So are opening a buying account or selling account???
This is for a both a buying and selling account. The debit card will be buying, and the bank account(same bank account that has the debit card) will be selling.

I'll give it shoot and see how it goes. I'm assuming that I'll have to change the address to get the seller account going, right?
Old 07-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

so are you saying a new amazon account has been made in the same street as a suspended account?

A link is now created.

Old 07-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
so are you saying a new amazon account has been made in the same street as a suspended account?
The Amazon account hasn't been made yet. He has the debit card and was going to give it to me, but I told him to hold onto it in case he needs to change the address.

The thing is, his dad lives in the same zip code that we do. His dad live on a different street(actually a different neighborhood) though.

Does the address need to be changed on this card, or can I just put in his dad's address?

Because the zip code on this account, will be the same as the zip code on my original account, will the two accounts be linked(everything else will be different)?
Old 07-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

I know that Paypal uses AVS verification and I would think that Amazon does as well. What this means is that they verify the DIGITS in the address and the ZIP code to obtain a match. For example:

Little Lauien
1234 Main St
Anytown USA 54321

Only the information in BLUE is actually verified this way. With many gift cards (or a VCC, available from sellers on the forum) you can make the address whatever you would like.

To fully verify an address, they would need to call your card issuer and that almost never happens. AVS verifies the ZIP code and the digits, so that is enough to pass most security measures.

I hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
LittleLauien (07-29-2014)
Old 07-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Oh...

And, NO a ZIP code match by itself will not link your accounts. If it did, then everyone in a ZIP code would be linked. On whatever address you plan on using, they would primarily be looking for any other banned seller accounts at that address.
rsot (07-30-2014)
Old 07-29-2014
Threadstarter  

So technically, I could just find another address in the same zip code that has the same house numbers and street wouldn't matter?

And just to clarify, when they are depositing the two small amounts to verify the selling account, they only verify the bank account number and the routing number?
Old 07-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

So technically, I could just find another address in the same zip code that has the same house numbers and street wouldn't matter?

Correct. Unless the person at the address you choose has a seller account at Amazon. It is highly unlikely, but it COULD happen.

And just to clarify, when they are depositing the two small amounts to verify the selling account, they only verify the bank account number and the routing number?

Well, they are sending the 2 small deposits to the account identified by those numbers - the routing number identifies only the bank, the account number identifies the specific account. So, when you input the deposit amounts at Amazon, they know that the account number and routing number belong to the person who entered the information, but the bank is not giving out any information.
LittleLauien (07-29-2014)
Old 07-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Thank you for answering my questions.

I have another account that I was trying to set up, a seller account. I entered all of the information, which wasn't my own information, I verified the phone number with a prepaid phone that I bought for $10, and then I got stuck on the scree that asked for a charge method, so I entered random information.

I got the message that says "Error - Your application to register as a merchant on amazon has been declined. Our review...", but I also got a message that says "Congradulations! Your account setup is complete".

Since then, I opened an Entropay account and put $5 onto it. Then I tried to use this information instead of the completely ⊗⊗⊗⊗ card information I had previously entered. The account was declined again.

Is this account worthless at this point, or is possible to actually get it going?
Old 07-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thank you for answering my questions.

I have another account that I was trying to set up, a seller account. I entered all of the information, which wasn't my own information, I verified the phone number with a prepaid phone that I bought for $10, and then I got stuck on the scree that asked for a charge method, so I entered random information.

I got the message that says "Error - Your application to register as a merchant on amazon has been declined. Our review...", but I also got a message that says "Congradulations! Your account setup is complete".

Since then, I opened an Entropay account and put $5 onto it. Then I tried to use this information instead of the completely ⊗⊗⊗⊗ card information I had previously entered. The account was declined again.

Is this account worthless at this point, or is possible to actually get it going?
I would consider it dead. Amazon saw SOMETHING they did not like.
Old 07-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

No no no.

If you are making another amazon account you must make sure to NOT repeat similarties of an old suspended account.

The account will get killed quickly.

Old 07-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Alright, the address will be changed.

As far as IP address goes, is paying for a VPN service a good idea?
Old 07-30-2014

Longevity: 59%

I would like to add that Amazon can NOT verify credit card adresses in EUROPE. (Different story in US)

Thats because this Information is not an essential part in european credit cards and cannot be checked.
Instead they put 1 Euro on hold - if that woks your card gets verifyied.
Old 07-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Alright, the address will be changed.

As far as IP address goes, is paying for a VPN service a good idea?
No.

Consider VMware.

Have you lost other amazon accounts?