HELP! 2 Accounts linked. Detectives needed. Full story inside - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-02-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default HELP! 2 Accounts linked. Detectives needed. Full story inside

Hey guys. I have made 4 accounts within the past week.

I use phone tether method with different IPs every time. I also use different addresses in different cities always. Recently 2 of my account were banned for counterfeit before I even sold anything...I had listed 4 items on the first day of creating the account.

After both the first 2 accounts got suspended I created 2 New ones. On the first one I listed some of the same items that I had on the original banned one. - It got suspended in 3 days.

The 4th account (2nd new one) I listed different items but in the same catagory of item. They banned me for linkage.

what could be wrong?

I use VMware every time, I don't change any windows settings and always use Internet explorer.

Should I maybe change out the web browsers I use on each VMware?

Are they detecting that It's just the same type of item that keeps popping up under a new account?

HELP please I need to be able to get an account up.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-02-2014

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: HELP! 2 Accounts linked. Detectives needed. Full story inside

They linked you by he MAC address on your phone maybe?
Why not use vps? Cheap and reliable
Old 08-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Amazon is known for browser fingerprinting AND similar listing patterns...so that could be an issue.

Also - what kind of credit card are you using to make the account?

@rayraymond...posts by barrycruan and others have indicated that the MAC detection is bit of a myth (someone pls correct me if I am wrong)
Old 08-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I don't know what you are selling, but Amazon obviously does not like it. You said the first account was banned for selling counterfeit merchandise, without anything having been sold. That tells me whatever you are selling is being easily identified by Amazon as counterfeit.

It is VERY DIFFICULT to create a new account and sell ANYTHING that is highly counterfeited, even if your merchandise is legitimate. Amazon knows what items are mass-produced by counterfeiters and also that many people will attempt to use their site to sell counterfeits, so they are VERY proactive when it comes to banning such accounts.

You also said you use different cities for the account and get a different IP from your cell phone each time. That is fine but it presents two issues. First, the other cities need to have some proximity to the IP used. Second, they see new accounts being opened, with the same items being listed, coming from the same geographic area. That is - in my opinion - what is creating the linking situation.

You have to remember, Amazon does NOT need absolute proof that two accounts are related. They can ban accounts based on having enough similarities to give them confidence that the accounts are LIKELY to be related.
Old 08-02-2014

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post

@rayraymond...posts by barrycruan and others have indicated that the MAC detection is bit of a myth (someone pls correct me if I am wrong)
Wonder this too..

I bet Amazon uses some kind of algorithm that says, ok, we see this user is using xxxx info, and using xxxx giftcard, and selling these high risk items. 3 out of 3 checks that dont pass, and they kill you for selling the high risk items(counterfit).

Then they were able to link you using the similair algorithm but they had another check against you, listing the same item.

What if you start again and sell a used item that is not high risk?
Old 08-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

None of your accounts should have ANY similarities to other accounts.

Same items :nope.

Same browser even if VMware: not ideal.

4 accounts within same geolocation: risky

Reliability of quality of items listed: if questionable, no use.

Hope that helps.