"payment method declined for balance due" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-03-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default "payment method declined for balance due"

So i created a seller account on Amazon nearly a year ago now, but because my items didnt have barcodes, and i couldnt afford the service which creates them for you etc my amazon seller venture went right out the window...

But for months now i have been getting emails from amazon saying how my monthly payments or something are being declined.

Am i racking up a huge debt to amazon for just creating a seller account?

Here is the message in every email;

"You have a balance due on your Amazon seller account. We confirm that in our agreement with you, we are authorised to charge your credit card for any such balance, but when we attempted to charge your credit card for this balance, your credit card issuer declined the charge. This may simply be the result of the credit card information you entered in your seller account not matching the credit card issuer's information.

Please contact your credit card issuer as soon as possible to verify that your account information is current. Once you have confirmed your account information, please follow the instructions below to update your credit card details.

Note: All Amazon.co.uk sellers are required to provide a valid credit card for use with their seller account. Failure to update this information could result in the cancellation of your selling account.

Update your credit card information by doing the following:

Note: Please print these instructions for future reference.

1. Log in to your seller account and go to your seller account information page.
2. In the "Charge Method" section, click Edit.
3. Enter your credit card information and billing address, and then click Submit.

Thank you for selling on Amazon."

Please advise

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-03-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Default Re: "payment method declined for balance due"

The only way to see how much you owe is log onto your account and see how much. Then report back. Maybe you signed up to be a pro seller and you are being charged these monthly fees.
Old 08-03-2014

Longevity: 67%

its might be the fees theyre asking you for or I think they disbursed you funds and someone filed an a to z claim on your sale and amazon funded them so the account balance is negative
was this account made with your personal details or was it stealth
Old 08-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 60%

Yes, i signed up as a pro seller.

I have just signed into, and its saying the payment method is invalid. I did use my personal details also.
Old 08-07-2014

Longevity: 65%

I have ran into this exact thing. It kept trying to charge the card even though I had an available balance on the account. This is more like a glitch in their system. Call seller support, they should be able to take care of this. I had to call 2 or 3 times because their system kept doing it about once a month. On the last call it was fixed.