"Velocity Limits and Account Reviews" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-08-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default "Velocity Limits and Account Reviews"

Your Amazon.com selling privileges have been removed
View notification header Sep 8, 2014 (2 hours ago)

Hello,

We are conducting a review of your Amazon.com seller account. During this review, your listings will not appear on our site and you will not be able to transfer funds out of your seller account.

Account reviews are intended to ensure the timely shipment of orders and compliance with our selling policies. Please continue to fulfill the orders you received before your listings were removed.

You can help with the review process by sending us information about your business. To do so, click the "Appeal" button next to this e-mail on the Notifications page in the Performance section of your Seller Central account

If you would like to provide tracking information for your shipments, visit the Manage Orders page in the Orders section of your Seller Central

To learn more about account reviews, search "Velocity Limits and Account Reviews" in Seller Central Help.

We will notify you by e-mail when our account review is complete.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com

I made my first Amazon Ghost account about a week ago and tonight I received the review email and right after a sale

I been reading through the forum using search on velocity reviews because by this letter I copied and pasted above it seems my account is under review for velocity limits

Now from reading there seems to be 2 different kinds reviews where selling is not restricted and others that are under review and suspended

Well mine is suspended and under review, I sold a used $25 item that is it, they are saying to ship out any orders that I have received already, and ask for feedback

Now because the account is suspended , should I even bother to ship out the item, when I was reading thru threads it seems if the account was under a velocity review but not suspended than u should just keep shipping and try and get feedback and slow sales down by raising prices and in a month the review usually would be complete

But my account is suspended and under review, is there a way to get reinstated, should I ship out the one item I sold? And appeal

This is an individual account with one sale for $25 used item

Last edited by Dmshark25; 09-08-2014 at 09:18 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-08-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Default Re: "Velocity Limits and Account Reviews"

This is not a velocity review, a velocity review is when amazon hold cash from your sales and you only get disbursed a percentage of your sales. This protects amazon.

I would ship the order, place a note in the order requesting feedback. Have you shown the item as shipped? If not when did you get the order as amazon like orders shipped promptly and this may a reason for the review. Also what are you selling? Are you able to appeal.
Old 09-08-2014
Threadstarter  

The time were an exact match on the emails for the sale and the review, the first email was the review and right after was the sale but the times were exactly the same
Old 09-08-2014
Threadstarter  

I sold a used bluetooth keyboard for an iPad mini, that I purchased from Amazon, it's in great condition I rarely used it, that's my only sale, I just made this account a few days ago
Old 09-08-2014
Threadstarter  

Is there a chance that this will be un suspended, should I even ship, I put no time into the account, so for me there's nothing invested into it
Old 09-09-2014

Longevity: 58%

To my belief it is because you sold a popular item and low balled the item it(meaning you placed the item in a selling bracket much lower than your other competitors)
Also for starting your account you went full into danger mode (electronics), electronics can be easily duplicated and sold at the same rate as the real version so there is a huge danger market for selling dupes or broken items. And this would cause Amazon to flag you and suspend your account. That is most likely why you got banned.

If you don't care about the account to try to reestablish it then by all means don't send the item out and use eBay or a different site to sell on without high restrictions. But if you know and understand how hard it is and how much money and time invested it takes to start a new stealth account on Amazon then you should try to appeal.
The Following User Says Thank You to samiyoda For This Useful Post:
Dmshark25 (09-09-2014)
Old 09-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiyoda View Post
To my belief it is because you sold a popular item and low balled the item it(meaning you placed the item in a selling bracket much lower than your other competitors)
Also for starting your account you went full into danger mode (electronics), electronics can be easily duplicated and sold at the same rate as the real version so there is a huge danger market for selling dupes or broken items. And this would cause Amazon to flag you and suspend your account. That is most likely why you got banned.

If you don't care about the account to try to reestablish it then by all means don't send the item out and use eBay or a different site to sell on without high restrictions. But if you know and understand how hard it is and how much money and time invested it takes to start a new stealth account on Amazon then you should try to appeal.

I have a solid eBay business's that I been growing for almost 2 years now, and been running my original Amazon Account that's also 2 years old

So I'm in no rush to get an account up and running, this is just my first Amazon Stealth Account, and I was just looking for guidance , I guess because I gradually built my Amazon business over 2 years I never had a review or problems so I don't have any knowledge on how it works

The item was just an iPad mini case and keyboard that I purchased on Amazon, new I think it's $38.00

I listed it and sold it at around $28 used

If the odds are highly against me I can easily make another ghost account, I have info from over 100 ebay accounts neatly organized in excel

So getting a profile to make a new Amazon account is no problem , I have profiles, phone numbers, everything

I haven't gotten too much input so I'll probably just start again and maybe wait a month to even list an item, and make it something low risk that I'd use for a new eBay account
Old 09-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Is there a chance that this will be un suspended, should I even ship, I put no time into the account, so for me there's nothing invested into it
There is a chance that you get past the review Dmshark - sit tight
Old 09-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
There is a chance that you get past the review Dmshark - sit tight
Hello,

To help us with our review of your account, we encourage you to send a friendly reminder to buyers requesting that they leave feedback on your account.

Please do not send more than one feedback request per order. To learn more about contacting buyers, search "Buyer-Seller Messaging Service" in Seller Central Help.

We will notify you by e-mail when our review of your account is complete.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team

I just got this email today from Amazon. On that ghost account, so maybe it's not lost, they may just want to make sure I ship out the item right away and try and get a positive feedback
Old 09-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I sell the moment I create a sellers account on amazon. I always sell a half dozen books from the dollar store at a loss to start the account. Usually I list 50-100 items the first day and almost always under $100.00 per item. I usually only get reviews when sales exceed a certain dollar amount, then they either have a rolling reserve(one months average sales). They only do this to me when it is most inconvenient.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Dmshark25 (09-12-2014)
Old 09-12-2014
Threadstarter  

I'm going to make another and list more less expensive things, I didn't really think that a $25'bluetooth keyboard/case for an iPad mini used was a problem

But now thinking of it , it's still an electronic, with all my eBay Stealth profiles it took minutes to make, so I should have no problem, I just need to learn the operations.

Also I was reading thru the forum using search and it said to wait 3 days before ur scheduled disbursement to add ur bank account

Is this still what I should be doing? Waiting a few days before my first disbursement and than add my bank account or should I add it right away?

And I started with an individual account is that the way to start off or pro merchant

I appreciate any advice, I read thru the forum , some things were a year old which could be a lifetime when talking stealth ,thanks
Old 09-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

I start off with a pro and add bank after a week or so.
Old 09-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Ok great, I think I'll try that than starting with a pro merchant account , also and this is the last question, Entopay for US Amazon , that does not work, or rather not recommended for Amazon ,com , is this correct, and vanilla visa is a better way to go?

I might even use a sub account from my Amex serve card, once u receive it at ur home address ur able to change the address to whatever u want, and the name , u can put any name u want when creating the account

I just like having a card that I can easily add money to if necessary, you can't use them as a bank card,no direct deposit, but u can have any name and address and add money from the primary account
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
yankee (09-12-2014)
Old 09-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Cant help you there. I use a real debit card for amazon. I don't need a slew of stealth's with amazon, so I just use a debit and shortly after replace the card with a new number.
Old 09-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Cant help you there. I use a real debit card for amazon. I don't need a slew of stealth's with amazon, so I just use a debit and shortly after replace the card with a new number.
Yea right now I just have my original account, I created one stealth just to try it .

Is that what u have just your original
Old 09-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Amazon is good but it's all the same when they see u making money they stop you, I usually been doing $6000 in sales for the week, well I been selling just the weeek of my disbursement , and the other week I focus all on eBay, but I been doing 6K in sales around for the last 4 disbursements and now this week i end up going over 10K and I have half my sales in pending status and every once in a while a few come through.

But all of a sudden I was normally averaging $1000 a day and Thursday my sales were $4000

I think a competitor blew me up knowing the effect, of tying my inventory up and a review, because on one order I see quantity 10 and some others 5 or 4 and the items are $125avg

I received no email about a review, and my account is all 0's for all metrics and 100% rating. And feedback

It's still saying I have a disbursement today so that happens at 10 pm usually so I'll see
Old 09-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Yea right now I just have my original account, I created one stealth just to try it .

Is that what u have just your original
No, lol Original was closed for inactivity. I took a year off and when came back was basically told that they dont want sellers who stop selling and come back. I had other accounts closed for a variety of reason all silly. I hate amazon, but it moves some items that ebay does not and adds an extra income stream. I am curently using just two amazon accounts and will open more with EIN as needed/when needed.

What I hate the most is the rolling reserve. so sell 30k and they hold it. Increase it to 50k and then the adjust the reserve. So I sell decent and it cost me a months negative cashflow I move odd things on there, there and items I buy in large volumes only. Things that I don't care if I get paid for instantly or not. I DON'T sell high dollar good on amazon and I don't sell low margin items. A few years ago I crushed it on youth archery items at xmas and then got destroyed with returns(even though I make more with the 20% restocking fees mathematically, I get stuck with slow moving items after the holiday passes) Great place to move a trailer load of diapers or walmart clearance items....lol My least favorite market place. I like craigslist better haha
Old 09-12-2014
Threadstarter  

I hate that these companies just hold money that is not there's like it's nothing, and I'm sure they are making interest , so they have no problem taking money that doesn't belong to them and make money from it.

They know how great there sites are and that's just how arrogant they are that they will hold your money for as long as they want , and they don't care how u feel about it because they know that there product is so good that they can get away with there reserves or rolling reserves or with Paypal there limitations for 180 days

The traffic is amazing on Amazon, I never realized how fast you can sell something, like you were saying if you have a large quantity of an item to sell Amazon is the Market place to list it on

I was doing so well, my disbursement is every 2 weeks pro account, so I was waiting until Tuesday to Activate my listings , my disbursements were around 4 k for 4 days of work and the majority of time I would focus on eBay

And now this week was going nice and steady again, sales per day no more than$1200 and than Thursday $4300 out of no where, and that spike sent all my sales into pending after that, I had 6 sales early Thursday and 2 sales later on come through that was multiple units so it was $1000 in the 2 sales that was released

Today I just raised all my prices, so I wouldn't get anymore sales

I'm hoping the disbursement goes thru, if it does I should be getting that email in like 40 mins that " your disbursement is on it's way"

I would like to run 2 Amazon Accounts to control the sales more, but I guess because I know what I'm doing I feel in control of my money with eBay, I never had a large amount limited in paypal, I rarely have problems with paypal and know how to operate it

But I need to keep going forward with Amazon, and figure that out because , it's too good to pass over, it's nice to be able to make a decent amount with one account rather than have to spread it out over 50 accounts, it's a nice steady paycheck and together with eBay just has been working great
Old 09-12-2014
Threadstarter  

I just received the email from Amazon saying that my disbursement is on the way, it didn't include 25 orders still pending but it's still 2K more than more normal disbursements

One down, now I will stress until I see it in my account Monday so that I can transfer it over to another account at the same bank so no Amazon take backs
Old 09-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Sometimes amazon starts the distribution and then cancels it as well. Everytime my rolling reserve has been increased the distribution is cancelled. It happens to always be when I could use the funds.

I work with a seller who can request daily distributions on an old account. Sometimes I wholesale items to him to sell on amazon instead of dealing with amazon myself. Really not my favorite place to work with.
Old 09-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Yea I feel way more in control of my funds with eBay, every disbursement I worry from Friday to Monday at 3Am, it's not for me I don't think, I feel to powerless

Could it be a competitor decided to mess with me, and just fill his cart with all my items, because like I said, Thursday was a huge increase in sales , normally $1200 a day and this Thursday was $4300, and there were many orders that were multiple items

Some orders were like for $1400 , others $600, just very out of the norm, other than yesterday the only other time was just once where one order had 2 units and that was $248 other than that each order was one unit average $130 an order

Because all a competitor needs to do is to add merchandise to his cart or does he actually need to purchase the item for it to go into pending?

Something is just out of place, I received no emails from Amazon , the account is 2 years old and perfect standing
Old 09-12-2014
Threadstarter  

My theory actually makes no sense, I just looked at the pending orders and there are 20 different names

Unless there is a secret Amazon Union among sellers

I even raised the prices a lot and my last order which was maybe 30 minutes ago the quantity says 2 , very strange

But I set everything up to where I'd ship Monday after I received the disbursement , I have no expedited choices for shipping only standard, so my expected ship date is sept 15 and exp delivery is from sept 18- Sept 23

I ship everything out priority so if I ship Monday morning than the item will arrive in some locations on the 17th which is a day before the ship date and the rest will be there by Sept 18 which is the first expected delivery day

So really I have nothing to lose but the 4 days time I put into this, I just been selling the week of the disbursement from Tuesday till Friday Night and than that's it, and I'll ship everything after I receive the disbursement on Monday

That's the only Control I can get , I never had thousands stuck in a paypal account and I'm not going to have any money lost on Amazon either

It's crazy you always need an angle to sell on these platforms, u can't just do anything straight up without exposing yourself and possibly taking a big financial loss

It's ashame for newer sellers that are not aware of the game and end up having 10 or 20 thousand held for a long period of time, or whatever number it may be that could really hurt them and there families

I have one seller that has 10 units pending on one order, that was begging me for my phone number yesterday, before I even realized he made that order

He was telling me he wanted everything I had, and needed to,talk and wanted to over the phone

And it caught me off guard I just told him I don't think Amazon likes exchanging phone numbers and wants all business on there messaging system, he asked again and than stopped

But now I'm thinking of giving him a phone number and having him cancel his pending order and I'll do the transaction off of Amazon