Does amazon check if the EIN matches with the address its registered to? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-17-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Does amazon check if the EIN matches with the address its registered to?

If I provide my EIN can amazon somehow find out the address its registered to? how does amazon verify the EIN? thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Does amazon check if the EIN matches with the address its registered to?

No. If the EIN is registered to you personally, or to a sole proprietorship, then Amazon will send YOUR NAME and the EIN to the IRS, which will return a code of MATCH or NO MATCH.

If the EIN is for a partnership, corporation or LLC, then Amazon will send THE BUSINESS NAME and the EIN to the IRS, which will return a code of MATCH or NO MATCH.

The IRS cannot give out any addresses or make any corrections.

HINT: Stealth works best with the second option.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
alekov (01-14-2015), Canadianleaf (12-10-2017), hapajenn1 (01-20-2015)
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Does amazon check if the EIN matches with the address its registered to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
No. If the EIN is registered to you personally, or to a sole proprietorship, then Amazon will send YOUR NAME and the EIN to the IRS, which will return a code of MATCH or NO MATCH.

If the EIN is for a partnership, corporation or LLC, then Amazon will send THE BUSINESS NAME and the EIN to the IRS, which will return a code of MATCH or NO MATCH.

Happen to me last year, I put the wrong address and it won't accept it until I provide the correct address. And this is for sole proprietorship.
Old 11-19-2014
Threadstarter  

wait. So TonyAlmeida is basically saying that amazon verify the address too then right? jeffweico is saying they only verify the name and EIN. Can anyone clear up if amazon verify our addresses to see if it registers with the company as well?
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

I just said what had happen to me. Happen only one. Maybe a bad day
Old 11-19-2014

Longevity: 70%

I've had about 10 accounts and never had a problem with the wrong address. Tony, is it possible that the info just wasn't in the system yet? IRS says to give it up to a month I think. Can you say 100 percent that it was the address? Also, when you first submitted it was the address a stealth address? I have used shopping mall address for example and just make up a suite number
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly441 For This Useful Post:
REFLECT (07-22-2015)
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

I was used some local business address that the time.
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
Happen to me last year, I put the wrong address and it won't accept it until I provide the correct address. And this is for sole proprietorship.
A sole proprietorship is different from an LLC, partnership or a corporation. In the case of a sole proprietorship, YOU are the legal entity. So the IRS is verifying your REAL NAME and your EIN. From there, I would imagine that Amazon is using a third party to verify the address. Any credit database provider could do it, from the 3 credit bureaus, to sources of public record data.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (11-20-2014)
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepaskingqq View Post
wait. So TonyAlmeida is basically saying that amazon verify the address too then right? jeffweico is saying they only verify the name and EIN. Can anyone clear up if amazon verify our addresses to see if it registers with the company as well?
Amazon can verify anything they want to verify. But for a business, the verification would be difficult, especially if the business was new. If *I* were at Amazon and saw a shopping center address, I would see if the phone company had a record of a phone listed to the business there. I would also look online to see if they had a website. But that would be a manual verification.

In the case of an individual or a sole proprietorship, they would be verifying the INDIVIDUAL NAME with the EIN or SSN. In that case, they (Amazon) could use the credit databases to see if there is a record of that name at the address.

The IRS, however, ONLY matches either an individual name or a business name with an SSN or an EIN, depending on how you set the whole thing up.

To have the IRS match on a BUSINESS NAME and EIN requires the use of a multi-member LLC, partnership or corporation. The IRS verifies the LEGAL ENTITY attached to the EIN. In the case of a sole proprietorship, the owner IS the legal entity. A corporation, partnership or LLC is a legal entity unto itself.

I hops this helps to clear up any confusion.

BTW: I ***ALWAYS*** wait at least 21 days BEFORE I attempt to use an EIN after I apply for it.
Old 11-19-2014
Threadstarter  

So I just found out that if you search for a LLC company in the state's website you can get the company's registered agent address. So does that mean that I can't use my own address (which is already banned) as my registered agent? what should I use as my registered agent address then?
Old 11-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

An address not known to amazon.

Old 11-20-2014

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
So I just found out that if you search for a LLC company in the state's website you can get the company's registered agent address. So does that mean that I can't use my own address (which is already banned) as my registered agent? what should I use as my registered agent address then?

That's why you pay someone to be your registered agent
Old 11-20-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:

okay, so I want to stay on topic here. Jeffweico is saying that amazon will only verify the EIN with the name. So amazon won't even know the address. My argument is that if someone searches my LLC company name they will automatically know the registered agent address.
Old 11-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
okay, so I want to stay on topic here. Jeffweico is saying that amazon will only verify the EIN with the name. So amazon won't even know the address. My argument is that if someone searches my LLC company name they will automatically know the registered agent address.
That is different. The IRS only verifies that the taxpayer ID given, whether it is an EIN, SSN or ITIN matches the person's name or business name. The IRS does not verify addresses.

Secretaries of state always maintain a list of registered agents for corporations and LLC's. It is how they receive service of legal process. In many cases, the registered agent is an attorney or tax professional. So they have MANY, MANY businesses listed at their address. I don't see Amazon trying to match the name and address of a registered agent for that reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
alekov (01-14-2015)
Old 11-20-2014

Longevity: 55%
Send a message via Skype™ to PALAUPACIFIC

I have an LLC registered under my name but there is no agent . I was thinking of changing the ownership of the LlC , do a change of address and have my boyfriend as the owner of this LLC . Can they still track me down if they pay the $5 fee to view the cretic ate of the LLC and check public records ? I am afraid they can track me down . Of course I would change the name of the LLC and the address
Old 11-21-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
That is different. The IRS only verifies that the taxpayer ID given, whether it is an EIN, SSN or ITIN matches the person's name or business name. The IRS does not verify addresses.

Secretaries of state always maintain a list of registered agents for corporations and LLC's. It is how they receive service of legal process. In many cases, the registered agent is an attorney or tax professional. So they have MANY, MANY businesses listed at their address. I don't see Amazon trying to match the name and address of a registered agent for that reason.
Thanks jeffweico. Also when I apply for the LLC it asks me for my registered agent and my mailing address. So now I understand that I can't get linked with my register agent address but can I get linked with my mailing address? I'm not sure if my mailing address is even viewable or even possible to obtain by anyone.
Old 11-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

In most states, yes, but not online. It has to be requested. The odds of them requesting this are very small, since it is a labor intensive process for them.
Old 11-21-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
In most states, yes, but not online. It has to be requested. The odds of them requesting this are very small, since it is a labor intensive process for them.
okay thanks. But do you know if the state of NY does that? NYC to be exact. Where do I go to find out? thanks a bunch
Old 11-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

I have no idea. Try the NY Secretary of State Office of Business Services. There is only ONE state, I BELIEVE, with complete anonymity which is, I THINK, Wyoming.
Old 11-21-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I have no idea. Try the NY Secretary of State Office of Business Services. There is only ONE state, I BELIEVE, with complete anonymity which is, I THINK, Wyoming.
okay well heres what i'm planning to do:
use a registered agent
mailing address and filer address will be my own address (which was already banned from amazon)
Will I be okay?
Old 11-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
okay well heres what i'm planning to do:
use a registered agent
mailing address and filer address will be my own address (which was already banned from amazon)
Will I be okay?
Most likely, YES. Amazon does not routinely check this information.
Old 11-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALAUPACIFIC View Post
I have an LLC registered under my name but there is no agent . I was thinking of changing the ownership of the LlC , do a change of address and have my boyfriend as the owner of this LLC . Can they still track me down if they pay the $5 fee to view the cretic ate of the LLC and check public records ? I am afraid they can track me down . Of course I would change the name of the LLC and the address
Actually, if it is a single member LLC, then YOU are probably the registered agent by default (it depends on your state law).

When you say you are afraid they can track you down, you are absolutely right. They CAN track you down - so can anyone if they really, really want to. But most of the time, people AND AMAZON are not quite that motivated to do this, because it can be a pain in the you-know-what.

Stealth only shields you from the prying eyes of most businesses in most situations. It is NOT designed for complete anonymity. I always tell people, if you are planning on doing anything illegal, DON'T count on these methods to protect you from a law enforcement investigation, because they won't. Law enforcement has much more access to data than private companies do to begin with. For example, your bank won't give your personal information to eBay as a routine matter. But if ICE were investigating you for selling counterfeits or doing something illegal, your bank will give them every last bit of data they have on you. But if your main worry is Amazon or eBay finding out about something, I wouldn't sweat it. If they are suspicious enough about the account to warrant that, they won't bother to actually DO IT, they will just close the account.