What can I use for unlimited internet that is mobile? USB stick, etc - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-24-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default What can I use for unlimited internet that is mobile? USB stick, etc

so I've been checking the old ones that people used like virgin mobile, clear wireless but they don't seem to have it anymore. I think clear wireless is gone and no longer taking new service and virgin mobile doesn't give you unlimited internet anymore. Is there any companies out there that I can use that uses usb internet sticks or those wireless mobile hotspots? but I need unlimited internet as well
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-24-2014

Longevity: 58%
Default Re: What can I use for unlimited internet that is mobile? USB stick, etc

There's nothing mobile that's unlimited. Use a mobile hotspot.
Old 11-25-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: What can I use for unlimited internet that is mobile? USB stick, etc

Is there any plans out there that gives you unlimited usage?
Old 11-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

No. Mobile broadband is never unlimited, it is some of the most expensive broadband you can buy. The thing is, wireless internet takes up spectrum, which is scarce, by its very nature. Wired internet, on the other had, is virtually limitless (at least by comparison). So there is really no such thing as unlimited internet. AT&T used to have it for the iPhone, but cancelled that plan long ago. A few lucky folks who were grandfathered in might still have it, but that is the exception, not the rule.

Many carriers now offer mobile hotspots, but a few still have the USB sticks. I'm not sure it makes any difference, it is pretty much the same thing. Cricket has a 5GB per month plan for $40 and T-Mobile has one for about $35. A stealth account should normally use less than 500MB per month, in my experience, so I always buy the cheapest plans I can find. But again, mobile broadband is expensive. CLEAR WIRELESS was the exception, but they have been bought out and are transitioning out of the unlimited wireless deals.

Spectrum is expensive, the most recent government auction of new spectrum brought in $34,000,000,000 (34 BILLION) dollars, more than twice what analysts had expected.
Old 11-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
No. Mobile broadband is never unlimited, it is some of the most expensive broadband you can buy. The thing is, wireless internet takes up spectrum, which is scarce, by its very nature. Wired internet, on the other had, is virtually limitless (at least by comparison). So there is really no such thing as unlimited internet. AT&T used to have it for the iPhone, but cancelled that plan long ago. A few lucky folks who were grandfathered in might still have it, but that is the exception, not the rule.

Many carriers now offer mobile hotspots, but a few still have the USB sticks. I'm not sure it makes any difference, it is pretty much the same thing. Cricket has a 5GB per month plan for $40 and T-Mobile has one for about $35. A stealth account should normally use less than 500MB per month, in my experience, so I always buy the cheapest plans I can find. But again, mobile broadband is expensive. CLEAR WIRELESS was the exception, but they have been bought out and are transitioning out of the unlimited wireless deals.

Spectrum is expensive, the most recent government auction of new spectrum brought in $34,000,000,000 (34 BILLION) dollars, more than twice what analysts had expected.

okay. So I was just thinking about getting a cellphone and tethering then.. Is that okay for stealth?
Old 11-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Tethering works for stealth. Many carriers prohibit tethering and might cancel your service if they catch you. I don't know what the odds of that are, since I have never used it extensively. I tried it in the beginning, but started picking up other options. I really like the idea of plug and play. NO IP logs to keep, NO chances of logging in to the wrong account and losing 2 or more accounts in the process. Stealth is a bit more expensive the way I practice it, but I rarely lose accounts and I want to keep it that way.
Old 11-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Tethering works for stealth. Many carriers prohibit tethering and might cancel your service if they catch you. I don't know what the odds of that are, since I have never used it extensively. I tried it in the beginning, but started picking up other options. I really like the idea of plug and play. NO IP logs to keep, NO chances of logging in to the wrong account and losing 2 or more accounts in the process. Stealth is a bit more expensive the way I practice it, but I rarely lose accounts and I want to keep it that way.
so your saying u use plug and plug usb sticks? may I ask which carrier you use? also I'm thinking that I use a phone and it allows me to create a hotspot..
Old 11-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepaskingqq View Post
so your saying u use plug and plug usb sticks? may I ask which carrier you use? also I'm thinking that I use a phone and it allows me to create a hotspot..
I use a few carriers, Cricket is one of them. But they no longer offer the USB sticks (at least I don't think they do). The mobile hotspots are the same thing, basically.

I have also used Virgin (in the past) and T-Mobile.

As near as I can tell, carriers went to mobile hotspots to reduce tethering. Many of them had mobile broadband plans that were limited, yet allowed unlimited data via the actual cell phone. Then, we all found out that unlimited didn't actually MEAN unlimited, it meant unlimited for "normal use" only and started throttling connection speeds.

In any event, a mobile hotspot and a USB stick are essentially the same thing. You get a certain amount of data for $xx.xx per month. You can connect to a laptop, desktop, or whatever else and all of it is fine as long as you don't go over the allowed number of gigabytes. If you do, then they charge extra, or drastically slow your connection down.

Some carriers even allow you to add a mobile hotspot to your existing cell phone plan. You still have the data limits, though.
Old 11-26-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Try prepaid Hotspots, they work great and you never need to worry about going over your plan, you pay first and have whatever data u pay for

I purchased a Verizon prepaid Jetpack Mifi 45010l 4G LTE

ITS 10GB for $90 or 3GB for $60 little prices but great for stealth I been using it for 3 months now and never repeated an IP, great connection on tablets, PC, and Laptops and fast
Old 11-26-2014
Threadstarter  

geez... the prices are crazy... I used to use a virgin mobile unlimited for $35 a month.. But they don't have that anymore.. This is crazy..... paying $90 a month for 10 gigs.
Old 11-26-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepaskingqq View Post
geez... the prices are crazy... I used to use a virgin mobile unlimited for $35 a month.. But they don't have that anymore.. This is crazy..... paying $90 a month for 10 gigs.
You use it for Business, so it's just Another Business Expense

And if the cost is too much for you than your business is not at that point to where you need that.

I started with no Money at all, I just had my Desktop PC, and Comcast Cable and changed my IP by Changing the Mac in router settings

I made all my accounts for free ,using phone Apps, and Entropay,

As you build your business you will add things to help you manage and grow faster

Now I pay for Verizon, TMobile , and Att Hotspots every Month and added two IPads and a Laptop
Old 11-27-2014

Longevity: 70%

Yeah suck it up!. You can make 6 figures on Amazon
Old 11-27-2014
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Some services are more expensive for a reason. I would choose the hotspot that is fastest in your area. It is worth the extra $10-20 per month if you are able to load a webpage in half the time. In the long run, you will be able to make more money since you won't spend so much time waiting for pages to load.
Old 11-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

The problem is, unlike the broadband connected to your home, where additional capacity can be easily added, there is a finite amount of wireless spectrum available and more and more people are using more and more of it. They are running near capacity in many areas. So, wireless broadband is not going to get any cheaper, at least not via cellular carriers (Wi-Max is another matter, but is not widely available yet).

If you have one wired provider, check other options in your area. In mine, we have Comcast, but also Frontier, a phone company that also offers DSL service. And there is even one that offers Wi-Max, although that is more expensive. My point is, you may have some options you are not aware of.