Seller Account Suspended for Counterfeit. Appeal help. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-30-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Seller Account Suspended for Counterfeit. Appeal help.

Dear ebay Suspensions forum,

Please help with our account suspension. We appreciate your input and feedback that you provide to us.

Here is what happened. We bought a mouse, and listed it on a listing and it got blocked. A few months later we received an email stating that our account was suspended for possibly selling counterfeit items. We responded back with this appeal below:

Dear Amazon Seller Performance Team,

Thank you for writing to us at ******. We are writing this appeal letter to you in an effort for you to consider reinstating our selling privileges from the notification sent to us regarding removal of our selling privileges received on November 21st, 2014.

We have reviewed the email sent to us which states that our account was removed due to the following SKU below that may be considered to be counterfeit or unauthorized:

ASIN: ${INSERT ASIN}
Title: ${INSERT TITLE}
${REPEAT AS NEEDED}

Prior to receiving the Nov. 21st suspension notice, the only item that was in question was an Ergonomic wireless mouse by ********* back in early September 2014. Because we are geared towards the customer shopping experience with us, this listing was deleted, all inventory removed immediately from FBA, and returned to us for in an in-depth inspection. Upon close inspection of the mouse versus the original listing, we noticed that there were some differences in the mouse that we had received from the supplier. Once found to have variances upon our inspection, the necessary steps that we implemented were to immediately cut ties off with that supplier from any further product sourcing, and then dispose of the merchandise received back to us from FBA in September of 2014. From that point on, we then implemented a Manufacturer direct only purchasing policy to ensure proper authorization of legitimate goods for sale.

Below is our plan of action to prevent the sale of counterfeit/unauthorized merchandise being sold by us to Amazon customers if we were to be considered for reinstatement:

1) Since September of 2014, all of our inventories that we sold from other Manufacturers since had been purchased only directly from the Manufacturer’s. We no longer utilized any 3rd party suppliers for our procurement of goods for sale on Amazon.com to prevent Amazon customers from receiving unauthorized and/or counterfeit goods.

2) Management actively and closely inspects every single batch of Manufacturer direct received inventories prior to us creating any Amazon listings in open categories. To continue with further precautions necessary by us in the prevention of sale of counterfeit/unauthorized inventory being sold, any and all additional replenishment inventory to be sent to FBA by Amazon was checked by us against the listings each time to ensure that the inventories continued to match identically with the corresponding product’s listing detail pages for product descriptions, product images, and product technical speculations to ensure Amazon customers were receiving 100% accurate and legitimate goods for the listing in which they are making purchases from us on.

3) In October of 2014, we ceased selling other Manufacturer’s branded products on Amazon.com and have been hard at work to create our own brand from legitimate suppliers that we are working with, that we did product and background checks on, received samples from, searched for other similar brands products heavily on Amazon.com, and that we did product infringement/patent searches on before coming to market. We hope to have done soon and would like to apply for approval/review under the Amazon Brand Registry program in 2015 prior to selling with Amazon.

We feel that these necessary steps of our action plan have taken all of the proper business precautions deemed necessary to avoid selling unauthorized/counterfeit product on any other Manufacturer’s Amazon listings, including any Amazon customers receiving product from us that have any variations whatsoever against active Amazon.com listings.

We hope that these steps in our action plan have adequately addressed your concerns for our account suspension and that you would consider providing us with an opportunity for reinstatement of our seller account on Amazon.com in the future so that we can run our own brand by approval /review for consideration for sale with Amazon.com.

Regards,
Contact phone number
A few days later we received an email asking us to provide invoices to Seller Performance for the item in question and that they were conducting a review of the Mouse. We provided our invoices and admitted in the appeal letter that upon inspection we found differences and afterwards during our 2 month period our account was open, the error was fixed and never repeated again. Then a few days later, we received this response from Seller Performance. Does anyone know what else can be done? We educated ourselves on the policy and fixed the issue 2 months ago and were still suspended. Does the below message mean that we are over permanently? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for taking time to read my message and reply.

Hello,

Thank you for writing about the recent blocking of your selling account.

As you know, your account was blocked because your items fit a set of criteria that
indicates they may be unauthorized by the intellectual property owners.

Sellers are expected to know and follow all applicable laws, regulations and Amazon.com's
policies when listing their items. Amazon.com reserves the right to close seller accounts
that list unauthorized merchandise.

Any remaining funds are on temporary hold for 90 days from the date your account was
blocked. After 90 days, the funds will be disbursed, provided we do not receive
chargebacks or A-to-Z Guarantee claims against your sales. If you have further questions
about your disbursement, please email payments-funds@amazon.com.

We appreciate your interest in selling on Amazon.com.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-31-2014

Longevity: 69%
Default Re: Seller Account Suspended for Counterfeit. Appeal help.

keywords "unauthorized by the intellectual property owners"

What brand was it? logitech? You can not sell them unless you are an authorized dealer. they are getting as bad as apple/beats and will have you banned.

Last edited by TGMT²; 12-31-2014 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The account is history. The letter you received from Amazon in response to your appeal was actually saying "Thanks, but we'll take a pass on you."

Amazon is VERY unforgiving when it comes to counterfeit items. Their belief (and it is probably CORRECT most of the time) is that if a seller has sold counterfeits once, they are likely to do so again, even if they are doing it UNKNOWINGLY.

Is their policy unreasonable? That is arguable. Should they give second chances? Maybe. But why do it when they don't have to? There is no shortage of people wanting to sell on Amazon. Is it unfair? That is also arguable. But life is not fair, so where would we be going with that?

The bottom line is, the account is toast. Stealth is the answer.

It sounds like you didn't set out to sell counterfeits. You made a bad purchasing decision and ended up with merchandise that wasn't authentic. You lost the account. Your plan that you outlined sounds reasonable and will probably work for you, in stealth mode.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
adventureman89 (01-24-2015), ovidiu (12-31-2014), rsot (12-31-2014), Vachagan (01-03-2015)
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Ghost guide will help you OP + reading about current issues from this forum
Old 12-31-2014
Threadstarter  

Thank you all for the information. So, basically, even though they give you a chance to appeal a counterfeit suspension, nothing can really be said, its a permanent suspension from the get go, it seems? Does the Jeff@amazon.com help or that email address is useless as well? I want to sell on Amazon so badly, just willing to try anything to get back in business now that I know how the Amazon platform truly works, and how retail arbitrage is not an option, and should be avoided at many costs, even unknowingly.

I just bought the Amazon Ghost guide, but I had listed my brands DBA (inactive) and never sent/sold anything and am worried, if I create a new Stealth account under the DBA, they will link me that way. Does Amazon track sales habits? I did sell/list about 10 other items as well, so if I list 2 SKU's from my own brand, they wouldn't be the exact same order/listing at all in the suspended account.
Old 12-31-2014
Threadstarter  

The brand was wow joy. Its a small mom and pop brand, but a competitor seller, used a stealth account to write a review on the product that he received a cheap imitation and that got me. First, they only blocked the item and wanted invoices, but then, 2 months later, randomly suspended me anyway.
Old 12-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly101 View Post
The brand was wow joy. Its a small mom and pop brand, but a competitor seller, used a stealth account to write a review on the product that he received a cheap imitation and that got me. First, they only blocked the item and wanted invoices, but then, 2 months later, randomly suspended me anyway.
I had the same thing just happened. Buyer wrote knock-off on feedback and boom it was blocked. but the item is legit. it was FBA and amazon reimbursed me for it so my take is they are inspecting it to make sure its legit.

Maybe amazon got more complaints then that one you know about?
Old 01-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Could be. The problem was I didn't respond to SP so 2 months later they suspended me. I didnt kniw they were the "police" department of Amazon.

However, it seems, large sellers get banned for unfair reasons, so its just part of the game.

Did you appeal and get a second chance?
Old 01-01-2015

They blocked the one ASIN, I appealed with invoices but they choose not to un-block that ASIN.

Invoices were straight from the manufacturer so it sucks because this was my most profitable item. ##@!@!

Did you relist the same item under a different sku when they originally blocked you? how did you keep reselling it?
Old 01-01-2015
Threadstarter  

I didn't. My listing was blocked, I contacted Seller Support, they forwarded my email to Seller Performance and thats when the problem came in.

I pulled the stock, and deleted my
listing.

They wanted invoices, I wrote back saying I'm contacting my supplier
to give them the information of them out. They write back a generic response that said they appreciated me complying with their selling policies and have annotated my account.

I didn't send them anything further because of that response from them, and never resold that item or added anything new. I didn't have any sales in October because we were moving towards our own products, and then in late November, they just suspended me. I sent an email inquiring which product because the suspension email didn't include the item in it, whoever pasted it must have forgot to do so, or it was generated automatically, and got back that canned email. As you know,.... However i never received the email response that no further correspondence will be responded to. It seems like they just ban you and don't give a damn, because they are overworked and under paid. I am going to try the Jeff@ email anyhow, but am
focusing on the Stealth account more so because I doubt it will work out in my favor. Too bad, suspensions are permanent,
lol.
Old 01-01-2015
Threadstarter  

I'm sorry they blocked your most profitable item. Did you open a new stealth account and relist it completely differently? I saved all my information and sku listings from the suspended account so i will use all different keywords and photos,
to ensure they can't easily link my products.
Old 01-01-2015

I will sell the remaining items on other platforms. I only have one amazon account right now. In the new year I plan on getting some stealth accounts up ready for 2015 Christmas. I have the eBay Stealth down but I am new to all this EIN stuff on Amazon so its a bit of a learning curve.
Old 01-01-2015

Longevity: 80%

sees like you dint address the issue here and thats really all amazon wants to hear. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PREVENT FUTURE ISSUES.

You need to stop stating what you did wrong over and over and apologizing for that stuff and state HOW...

they didn't give you a final NO. Once you get that you will know But if your appeals are all like this then the next email you get from amazon will be just THAT.
Old 01-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you. Got it. I am revising my
2nd appeal to state how each safety check is being implemented.
Old 01-03-2015

Longevity: 57%

Amazon boTS are doing the job. Listen to this: a guy purchased an item from me. Immediately he sends me a message asking if it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or authentic. I knew its a trouble. Why? Because Amazon system caught the word "⊗⊗⊗⊗" . 24 hrs later that item was blocked. I sent to Amazon the receipt and the copy of our communication, pointing out that "I know what and how you guys work, unblock it" they did. The item wants even wrapped, the guy was asking a question!
A week later I'm receiving another message, stating "looks like you are selling counterfeit items" and asking to send them receipts, invoices, supplier's contacts. I scan and email 20-25 pages of receipts. Done, no problem.
You need to be very polite and friendly, never ever say negative things about customers, even if you are pissed. There are weird people out there, trust me. Good luck
Old 01-07-2015

Longevity: 65%

Riiiiight. I wish it was that easy. Just got suspended after selling for 2 years, with volume approaching $25k per day this december. Out of 2,000 items sold in December, I got 5 items with Buyers claiming they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I immediately provided receipts for each item, as I buy direct from the manufacturers. itemized receipts with date and time and place of purchase, item UPC and description on the receipt. 5 days before Xmas - boom, account suspended for counterfeit items. Are you fn kidding me? Since we haven't done anything wrong, I was very nice writing to Amazon, sure that it was a mistake, explaining that we haven't done anything wrong, we have receipts for every item ever sold, 100% Seller rating, 99% feedback, all green checkmarks on account, ODR rate of 0.1%, NOTHING ever wrong with our account for 2 years, high volume seller. Scanned and sent receipts to amazon without being asked. About 10 emails with about $1 million in receipts for the past 12 months. One measly response from Amazon that their decision is based on us selling f--e items and 90 days hold blah blah. Holding about $300K in FBA inventory and $150K in cash for 90 days, bye bye..

So pissed off at this point, yes wrote to Jeff, will be filing with the attorney general, as well as take down 5-6 random sellers and send the info to Amazon. Not sure which competing Seller did it, but don't care at this point. I will simply have friends from all over the country order 4-5 items from one seller and cry f--e and shut down that seller, then repeat with another 4-5 Sellers, until Amazon realizes that their system is rigged and needs to be changed... I will send them the names of the Sellers that I took down once they get suspended. Funk that!
The Following User Says Thank You to alekov For This Useful Post:
Vachagan (01-08-2015)
Old 01-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekov View Post
Riiiiight. I wish it was that easy. Just got suspended after selling for 2 years, with volume approaching $25k per day this december. Out of 2,000 items sold in December, I got 5 items with Buyers claiming they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I immediately provided receipts for each item, as I buy direct from the manufacturers. itemized receipts with date and time and place of purchase, item UPC and description on the receipt. 5 days before Xmas - boom, account suspended for counterfeit items. Are you fn kidding me? Since we haven't done anything wrong, I was very nice writing to Amazon, sure that it was a mistake, explaining that we haven't done anything wrong, we have receipts for every item ever sold, 100% Seller rating, 99% feedback, all green checkmarks on account, ODR rate of 0.1%, NOTHING ever wrong with our account for 2 years, high volume seller. Scanned and sent receipts to amazon without being asked. About 10 emails with about $1 million in receipts for the past 12 months. One measly response from Amazon that their decision is based on us selling f--e items and 90 days hold blah blah. Holding about $300K in FBA inventory and $150K in cash for 90 days, bye bye
So pissed off at this point, yes wrote to Jeff, will be filing with the attorney general, as well as take down 5-6 random sellers and send the info to Amazon. Not sure which competing Seller did it, but don't care at this point. I will simply have friends from all over the country order 4-5 items from one seller and cry f--e and shut down that seller, then repeat with another 4-5 Sellers, until Amazon realizes that their system is rigged and needs to be changed... I will send them the names of the Sellers that I took down once they get suspended. Funk that!
So you are going to ruin other people's business because yours got shut down? That seems kind of shady and mean.
Old 01-07-2015

I will be notifying Amazon of the specific Sellers, and the intention of proving how easy it is to do that to another Seller (which happen to us), in an attempt to make them realize that their system is rigged.

I sure hope once I provide the name of the Seller, the names of the Buyers who claimed receiving ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items, and videos documenting the whole process, on numerous blogs (hopefully be able to get couple papers to publish the story as well) Amazon will have the decency to reinstate the aforementioned Sellers realizing that it was a stunt.

If you are a Seller on Amazon you should realize by now that they hold you by the balls, and just because you are NOT currently suspended doesn't make you safe from suspension anytime in the near future, for NO apparent reason. I think all Sellers should strive to change the system now, rather than find themselves in my position sooner or later, which I guarantee you will happen if you are successful on Amazon. Quick google search will show you people with many employees, warehouses, and years in business left on the street by Amazon. Your false sense of security is actually detrimental in the long run...
The Following User Says Thank You to alekov For This Useful Post:
Dawidck (01-20-2015)
Old 01-07-2015

Longevity: 80%

you are not going to change amazons system by taking down small sellers. What you need to do if that is your intention is target a big seller. small sellers are easy to get suspended. its not even worth the time to take them down really.
Old 01-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
I will be notifying Amazon of the specific Sellers, and the intention of proving how easy it is to do that to another Seller (which happen to us), in an attempt to make them realize that their system is rigged.

I sure hope once I provide the name of the Seller, the names of the Buyers who claimed receiving ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items, and videos documenting the whole process, on numerous blogs (hopefully be able to get couple papers to publish the story as well) Amazon will have the decency to reinstate the aforementioned Sellers realizing that it was a stunt.

If you are a Seller on Amazon you should realize by now that they hold you by the balls, and just because you are NOT currently suspended doesn't make you safe from suspension anytime in the near future, for NO apparent reason. I think all Sellers should strive to change the system now, rather than find themselves in my position sooner or later, which I guarantee you will happen if you are successful on Amazon. Quick google search will show you people with many
employees, warehouses, and years in business left on the street by Amazon. Your false sense of security is actually detrimental in the long run...
Do you realize once you document this you could be sued? You can't screw with peoples businesses like that. I think it is really wrong. I know you got a raw deal but two wrongs don't make a right. I don't thing amazon cares what they do to people or else they wouldn't do it in the first place. You're here now, you should just buy the stealth Amazon Guide and go stealth. No one can take your account away again.
Old 01-07-2015

You don't think Bezos cares that his system isn't working? I think they will definitely notice the negative publicity and do something about it. As a matter of fact, if you do a quick google search you will notice that the only people that get their accounts reinstated usually are Bloggers, or people that have created negative publicity. I can post some links for you guys to see, people reinstated 24 hours after their blogs regarding the unfair suspension going viral.

As a business owner owning many companies, some with 100 employees or more in the past, I can tell you that if someone brought up to my attention a serious flaw in my business, I would be very interested in hearing it and getting it fixed.
Old 01-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
You don't think Bezos cares that his system isn't working? I think they will definitely notice the negative publicity and do something about it. As a matter of fact, if you do a quick google search you will notice that the only people that get their accounts reinstated usually are Bloggers, or people that have created negative publicity. I can post some links for you guys to see, people reinstated 24 hours after their blogs regarding the unfair suspension going viral.

As a business owner owning many companies, some with 100 employees or more in the past, I can tell you that if someone brought up to my attention a serious flaw in my business, I would be very interested in hearing it and getting it fixed.
I understand and I am sorry all this happened to you. I just think it is wrong to screw with other peoples businesses. No matter what your justification.