Replying to customer emails via gmail - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-12-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Replying to customer emails via gmail

Hello all experienced Amazon Stealth sellers,

Will I be linked if I am trying to access and reply to customer emails via different gmail accounts (each gmail account tied to one amazon account) on the same computer same IP address?

Does gmail stored or cached any details of our computer or IP or browser print etc?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-12-2015
dbhana121

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Replying to customer emails via gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by imozee View Post

Will I be linked if I am trying to access and reply to customer emails via different gmail accounts (each gmail account tied to one amazon account) on the same computer same IP address?

Does gmail stored or cached any details of our computer or IP or browser print etc?
As long as you dont show images you should be fine.
Old 06-12-2015

Longevity: 60%

Showing images in gmail is fine.
As long as you don't click on any links, it will be OK.

Information from gmail:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/145919?hl=en

Quote:
Originally Posted by imozee View Post

Last edited by outmatch; 06-12-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Dont click links and reply from the email account linked to the Amazon and your fine.
Old 06-12-2015

Why don't you just answer emails etc through seller central. I never even use the e mail account attached to my amazon.
Old 06-12-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Dont click links and reply from the email account linked to the Amazon and your fine.
Does this also apply to using a browser based Gmail account on an iPhone and iPad ?

No need to reset or clear cookies everytime ?

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
Old 06-12-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
Why don't you just answer emails etc through seller central. I never even use the e mail account attached to my amazon.
Because you can quickly and easily reply from ANY computer, user account or IP without getting linked.

Having to sign into the account to reply is a different matter as you will need to first make sure all of your stealth measures are in place for that specific Amz account.

I think I am correct in saying that Amz can only see the IP from Google servers in the email header.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Last edited by metatrade; 06-12-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-12-2015

Longevity: 80%

I have all amazon emails linked to my phone and thats how i reply and have been for 4 years without an issue. I even do appeals that way with no issues.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
BangkokBetty (06-16-2015), imozee (06-14-2015), TonyAlmeida (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Make sure images are disabled OP - I still prefer only answering e-mails when I am logged into my accounts but...that's my preference
Old 06-12-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
I have all amazon emails linked to my phone and thats how i reply and have been for 4 years without an issue. I even do appeals that way with no issues.
When you say linked to your phone, do you mean you use a browser to sign in to each individual email account as and when required?

Will this also work for an Android/Samsung phone ?

Old 06-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by metatrade View Post
When you say linked to your phone, do you mean you use a browser to sign in to each individual email account as and when required?

I used gmail app
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
metatrade (06-23-2015)
Old 06-12-2015

Quote:
Because you can quickly and easily reply from ANY computer, user account or IP without getting linked.

Having to sign into the account to reply is a different matter as you will need to first make sure all of your stealth measures are in place for that specific Amz account.

I think I am correct in saying that Amz can only see the IP from Google servers in the email header.
I would thought everyone logs into amazon everyday to process orders and then answer e mails then via seller central as you have 24 hours to answer. But everyone has there own methods.
Old 06-12-2015

Quote:

I just add the email via the settings. don't know about android as I'm a IOS user but I'm sure if has the same feature or something similar.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
metatrade (06-13-2015)
Old 06-13-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
I just add the email via the settings. don't know about android as I'm a IOS user but I'm sure if has the same feature or something similar.
Yea it's the same with Android you can add as many emails like IOS
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
metatrade (06-13-2015)
Old 06-13-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Yea it's the same with Android you can add as many emails like IOS
So when you add different gmail accounts to the email settings of the phone, what program is used to view and reply ?

Old 06-13-2015

Quote:
So when you add different gmail accounts to the email settings of the phone, what program is used to view and reply ?
the mail app thats built into the phones OS... u can add hundreds and reply from each one right on your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
metatrade (06-23-2015)
Old 06-14-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Yup, because it would be tedious to switch to different virtual machines/ different IPs etc just to reply to different emails. But this is what I am doing now. So I just thinking if I would be safe when I reply to customer emails via the same computer/same IP.

Yes, I have disabled all images, and I don't click on any links..
Old 06-23-2015
MU

Longevity: 57%

DO NOT REPLY TO THEM. Replying logs you into amazon main site. You will essentially be linking ALL your accounts. KEEP EVERYTHING ISOLATED.
Especially using smart phones with all your emails composed into one screen. Due diligence.
Old 07-02-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXLM View Post
DO NOT REPLY TO THEM. Replying logs you into amazon main site. You will essentially be linking ALL your accounts. KEEP EVERYTHING ISOLATED.
Especially using smart phones with all your emails composed into one screen. Due diligence.
This is 100% incorrect. Amazon sees the ip address of the mailing server and that is it. They can use beacons to detect ip address within an email, which are tiny images with unique urls that when you download they can connect your ip with that email. However, gmail blocks this by automatically downloading all images onto their gmail server before sending them to you. Furthermore, Amazon does not currently use beacons or any kind of intra-email tracking methods (I am a Computer Engineer and have studied the code - there was nothing there as of early 2014, but like I said it doesn't matter on gmail anyway).

I'm all about being safe, but it will save you lots of time to respond via your gmail app. Also, you can access that gmail account from ANY computer or ANY phone on ANY browser without fear of retribution since there is literally no way for anything to connect your ip since the entire html page (email) and all linked content is served directly from google's server.

As a side note, I use a single gmail account for ALL my seller accounts and always have. You just go to settings and forward your email to your real email, then go to your real account and add the other account as an account you own - then you can send from it. Use filters that say "if email goes TO seller1@gmail.com then put in Seller 1 folder, if email to seller2@gmail.com go to Seller 2 etc... because your mail response is coming from google's server, there is literally absolutely no difference when you respond to an email that was sent to sellerx@gmail.com on realemail@gmail.com since gmail will use the header "sellerx@gmail.com" and use the exact same google servers to deliver the mail.

This is more a matter of efficiency than stealth, but it is unbelievable to me that people even spend the time to login to multiple email accounts. My email response times are ridiculous since they just go neatly into my folders for each account - all I have to do is respond since it automatically responds using the email address it was sent to.
The Following User Says Thank You to mshamazon For This Useful Post:
metatrade (07-03-2015)
Old 07-02-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

I have 4 accounts I currently use and the rest are accounts that are at 190ish sales (I don't go over 200 because that's when Amazon files a 1099). My old accounts are cycled back through each year because that's when the 200 limit resets. Similarly, I have a folder for all my old suspended accounts, buyer accounts (gotta get early feedback right?), etc... anyway my 4 accounts are new and 2/4 are over 100 (I sell around 5-10 a day total) so I need more accounts. I hit my limits really fast this year so I need new accounts quickly, which is why this prepaid BS Amazon is doing is getting really annoying.

Anyway, I respond directly through these folders and it automatically sends from the correct email and is entirely transparent from Amazon. Saves lots of time.
The Following User Says Thank You to mshamazon For This Useful Post:
daveaite (07-04-2015)