can amazon detect VPS - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-02-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default can amazon detect VPS

I am just thinking to use VPS to open stealth amazon account, so i just want to be safe so can any one let me know if amazon can detect VPS server and if they can, could it put me in trouble?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-02-2015
MU

Longevity: 68%
Default Re: can amazon detect VPS

No, they can't.
Old 08-02-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Technically, they can - a simple whois database search would return your VPS IP address as a datacenter. So at some point, they could put non-residential IPs under serious scrutiny (good to have backup plan like wireless dongle for the future). My theory is that Amazon uses a points system to detect stealth, similar to how your email uses points to detect spam - and datacenter IPs would carry a heavy weight. As a Computer Engineer, that's how I would do it if I worked on the other side of stealth for Amazon.

However, there are plenty of us who use VPN (or VPS if it makes you happy) with no problems - provided the IP is dedicated and clean (no recent history of abuse). I use this on 100% of my accounts with no problems so yea you're fine for now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mshamazon For This Useful Post:
flytz311 (09-15-2015), Lucifer (08-03-2015), Productions (08-04-2015)
Old 08-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshamazon View Post
Technically, they can - a simple whois database search would return your VPS IP address as a datacenter. So at some point, they could put non-residential IPs under serious scrutiny (good to have backup plan like wireless dongle for the future). My theory is that Amazon uses a points system to detect stealth, similar to how your email uses points to detect spam - and datacenter IPs would carry a heavy weight. As a Computer Engineer, that's how I would do it if I worked on the other side of stealth for Amazon.

However, there are plenty of us who use VPN (or VPS if it makes you happy) with no problems - provided the IP is dedicated and clean (no recent history of abuse). I use this on 100% of my accounts with no problems so yea you're fine for now.

The problem is that there is no way we can use dongle if we don't reside in USA and want to sell in USA. That's why the only option is VPS or VPN
Old 08-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%

VPS works,and that's all you need to know.
Old 08-03-2015

Longevity: 51%

Do we have to worry about reliability of VPS service?

What do people recommend as best and most reliable VPS...or is that even a consideration?
Old 08-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

If you find a good one then best keep it to yourself. Every provider I have used has worked nicely
Old 08-03-2015

Longevity: 54%

Yes, they can. Whoever says they can't is 100% wrong (sorry but it's true). You can detect it easily by looking at ISP.

I do not know if they consider this in their algorithm but I'm 100% sure they can detect it.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to agag2 For This Useful Post:
Productions (08-04-2015)
Old 08-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Need to go for a less-commonly used VPS - 123 has some nice ones available.
Old 08-04-2015

Longevity: 57%

Quote:

Does VPN register also as a "datacenter"?

Why would someone choose VPS over VPN? From understanding VPS is more for hosting purposes like websites and such, and VPN is more for privacy. Still not 100% clear on the VPS vs VPN issue though i've read some on it in the past.
Old 08-04-2015

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agag2 View Post
Yes, they can. Whoever says they can't is 100% wrong (sorry but it's true). You can detect it easily by looking at ISP.

I do not know if they consider this in their algorithm but I'm 100% sure they can detect it.

Thanks
This is for VPS right? What about VPN?
Old 08-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Even if the IP shows as a VPS so what? You think they have a VPS alarm that goes off?
Old 08-04-2015

Longevity: 53%

What new people have to learn especially on this forum that every question you are going ask has been asked several times before, just use the search function. Rarely anything comes up as new, gift cards maybe the latest in the last few years. If VPS or VPN was a problem/issue then there would be 100's of posts about it. People here have been using for many years without a problem. Many major companies use VPS/VPN for many reasons and I would imagine amazon uses in some fashion. So ask the question, if amazon could detect you use VPS/VPN why would it matter.
Old 08-05-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

VPN/VPS/proxy as far as stealth goes is all about ONE thing. IP address. That's IT. A proxy puts your browsers traffic behind an ip address, VPN puts your entire computer's traffic behind an ip address, VPS IS a computer behind an ip address.

Everything from there has to do with the market. The reason even private proxies are often bad is because proxies are frequently abused so you're more likely to get a bad proxy on a blacklist. People who use VPNs typically use them for business/home stuff, so the IP addresses that happen to be associated with that connection are less likely to have been abused before. There is truly no such thing as a "fresh" IP - it's all about whether or not it has been abused. A given is that proxies have been abused lol so that's why VPN is an easy "go to". Because VPS is even more expensive and some of these machines have been around for a while, their IP addresses might be less likely to be abused. All of these have IPs that come from datacenters so it's all about which pool of IPs your particular service (VPN/VPS/proxy) is coming from.

If you think otherwise, please explain vvvvvvvvv
The Following User Says Thank You to mshamazon For This Useful Post:
alim (08-05-2015)
Old 08-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

If you are in US, there are many options for you beside VPS and VPN
Old 08-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
If you are in US, there are many options for you beside VPS and VPN
Agree with Tony - look at dongles, cellphone tethering as options
Old 04-09-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 40%

Quote:

I'm trying to make an account for my father who shares the same IP as me in one home. I do spend a good amount of time in cafes and such, but there are times our IP will overlap. I haven't decided if he will use my laptop yet in the instance he does log into his account.

Do you recommend setting up a VPN, or is it better to notify Amazon that I'm setting up a relative an account and will frequently "visit" that home and go on my own Amazon account?

Thank you so much!
Old 04-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

@billgraham, if you're in the USA, you could look at dongle use or cellphone tethering as suitable options
Old 04-09-2017

Longevity: 65%

Dongle, new ISP, VPN are all good options to solve the issue you are having
Old 04-10-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@billgraham, if you're in the USA, you could look at dongle use or cellphone tethering as suitable options
Thanks for writing. I've already logged onto my own account via cell-phone tethering, so I believe that association between device/laptop and hotspot/tethering has already been created.

Could you elaborate on dongle usage? Just stick it in the USB slot and connect to the home's network via dongle?

I've heard the software/service VMware being thrown around. Is this also an easy alternative?

Appreciate your help and time!
Old 04-11-2017

The dongle is a 3G/4G/LTE connection to whatever ISP (tmobile, att, verizon). You will get an IP address / internet connection from whatever carrier hotspot you choose.
Old 04-12-2017

VPS is fine. I have 20+ Amazon accounts all on VPS -- spread across several service providers just to be safe.