Amazon listing removed - inauthentic - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-02-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Amazon listing removed - inauthentic

I recently had an item blocked for being inauthentic. This item is a remanufactured printer cartridge- perfectly legal, and okay to sell on amazon as confirmed by half a dozen representatives. I suspect the complaint was from a buyer who expected an original ink cartridge, and received a remanufactured one (my cartridges are described accurately as remanufactured in the title, bullets & description).

When I politely contested the removal via email (and provided proof of volume), I was denied, and the listing was removed with a warning not sell again.

I have never received any other complaints on this account which contains many cartridge listings, and have seen many similar ink cartridge listings offered by competitors with reviews in the hundreds and thousands (implying they were able to sell many items without complaints).

Given that there's no evidence to support my items are inauthentic based on amazon policy, what should I do at this point? is it possible to reach seller performance via phone? Alternatively, I can choose to not respond and not relist the item. However, I sell other remanufactured cartridges, and I wander if they put my account in danger.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-02-2015

Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Amazon listing removed - inauthentic

Was your compatible listed under an OEM product ASIN or did it carry it's own ASIN? Did it mention OEM in the listing?
Old 11-02-2015

Longevity: 53%

If you listed the product against an ASIN for the original non remanufactured ink cartridge then amazon and your customer are correct. If I ordered a HP cartridge and received a non HP original I would be pretty pissed.
Old 11-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

OP said title, bullets, etc matched his item.

Unfortunately, if you've already supplied invoices and were denied, there's nothing more to do.

If you re-list, your account will be permanently suspended.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
GhostDog (11-03-2015)
Old 11-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidy88 View Post
Was your compatible listed under an OEM product ASIN or did it carry it's own ASIN? Did it mention OEM in the listing?
Thanks for your reply. It was listed with its own ASIN, it did not mention OEM, and the word remanufactured was mentioned throughout the listing.
Old 11-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
OP said title, bullets, etc matched his item.

Unfortunately, if you've already supplied invoices and were denied, there's nothing more to do.

If you re-list, your account will be permanently suspended.
Thanks for your reply. I'll obviously not relist this item, but I have other cartridge listings for sale on my store, as well as new ones coming in.

In your opinion, are ink cartridges inherently dangerous to sell? or is this a common occurrence once items get popular (I've been selling 100-200 different cartridge packs per day for 2 months)?

Also, roughly speaking- how many complaints from other ink cartridges can my account sustain without being penalized?
Old 11-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog View Post
Thanks for your reply. I'll obviously not relist this item, but I have other cartridge listings for sale on my store, as well as new ones coming in.

In your opinion, are ink cartridges inherently dangerous to sell? or is this a common occurrence once items get popular (I've been selling 100-200 different cartridge packs per day for 2 months)?

Also, roughly speaking- how many complaints from other ink cartridges can my account sustain without being penalized?
In my opinion, it depends on the brand of the cartridge.

Obviously, as you just witnessed, a lot of customers are borderline retarded. They can't be bothered to read something as simple as a title or bulleted list. And it only takes ONE complaint to shut you down forever.

But then again, as you said----you sold thousands without any issues. So really, it's just luck of the draw. Sooner or later you might get some moron who can't read and calls your legitimate items phake. Nothing to be done about it.

It's been my experience that 4 complaints about inauthentic merchandise will result in a permanent account closure, though sometimes it takes fewer. Sometimes only 1 will kill an account. Depends on the age and history. But 4 is a guaranteed death sentence.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-04-2015), GhostDog (11-04-2015), jackjjohn (11-17-2016)
Old 11-03-2015

GOA, not trying to antagonise, but please explain your why 4 complaints will result in deletion and your experience.

Most customers will complain direct to amazon and you have (or maybe have) no access to this info. Most pissed customers will not leave leave negative feedback in fear repercussions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-04-2015)
Old 11-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
Most pissed customers will not leave leave negative feedback in fear repercussions.
For amazon? I find that they will leave neg feedback faster than any stellar feedback hah if they have to
Old 11-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
GOA, not trying to antagonise, but please explain your why 4 complaints will result in deletion and your experience.

Most customers will complain direct to amazon and you have (or maybe have) no access to this info. Most pissed customers will not leave leave negative feedback in fear repercussions.
4 complaints that any item you are selling (or any combination) are phake, bootleg, inauthentic, etc will result in a permanent account closure if you cannot come up with proof of authenticity. If you have accounts that have survived 4 phake complaints without proof of authenticity, I would love to hear about them.
Old 11-03-2015

So where does the magical 4 come from, experience?

If people are selling counterfeit of course they will get closed, but accounts get many complaints especially if you are selling volume that an item is counterfeit, produce the paper work or other valid proof and no problem. Thats my experience.
Old 11-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
So where does the magical 4 come from, experience?

If people are selling counterfeit of course they will get closed, but accounts get many complaints especially if you are selling volume that an item is counterfeit, produce the paper work or other valid proof and no problem. Thats my experience.
Read the above. Every question you ask is answered in my above posts.

Also, I explicitly said you need proof of authenticity. Oftentimes, even if you have that it doesn't matter, as we see with GhostDog. 4 complaints and you're done, 9/10 times.
Old 11-03-2015

So basically "from your experience, 4 complaints about counterfeit product and you cannot proof of authenticity you are suspended" So the only conclusion from your statement is that YOU cannot prove authenticity of the goods YOU sell and you got 4 warnings and were suspended. I assume that is what you are saying.
Old 11-03-2015

GOA, maybe he was selling "false remanufactured cartridges" unwittingly.

This type uses new built empties instead of non-patented (permissible) OEM components. It’s only a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ copy but sold as remanufactured.

A bit like people selling latest releases of counterfeit DVD's and CD's as used.
Old 11-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
GOA, maybe he was selling "false remanufactured cartridges" unwittingly.

This type uses new built empties instead of non-patented (permissible) OEM components. It’s only a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ copy but sold as remanufactured.

A bit like people selling latest releases of counterfeit DVD's and CD's as used.
Jeff Weico has also confirmed that 4 is the magic number.

You seem to be antagonizing without any reason...which isn't unusual for you, but still, rather annoying.
Old 11-04-2015

Not really being antagonising but the forum needs facts NOT FICTION. You say 4 from experience, is this a fact or fiction. If a fact then you must be selling questionable goods.
Old 11-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Not really being antagonising but the forum needs facts NOT FICTION. You say 4 from experience, is this a fact or fiction. If a fact then you must be selling questionable goods.
Here's an idea: If you think I've full of it, why don't YOU have 4 complaints on an account and come back and tell us it survived. But that won-t happen...you'll be whining and complaining about how it's unfair. If you don't have any experience, then don't post in the thread. Obviously you have no idea how Amazon handles complaints about authenticity. If you did, you wouldn't be arguing.
Old 11-04-2015

Let say I have been around more than likely many more years than you. I have one account which a few months back went over the 1 million feedback and I am an amazon.co.uk and amazon.de vendor. Most weeks we get feedback claiming the goods are counterfeit which then triggers a performance notification which requests we check if the stock matches the ASIN. Other times we get the the same notification without any negative feedback where we assume a customer has complained direct to amazon. The account has never been suspended over these policy warning and we have only had one title restricted due to a spelling mistake on our in house sticker. So the 4 warnings is garbage information.
Also you never clarified if you have actually had 4 warnings and then your account suspended.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Let say I have been around more than likely many more years than you. I have one account which a few months back went over the 1 million feedback and I am an amazon.co.uk and amazon.de vendor. Most weeks we get feedback claiming the goods are counterfeit which then triggers a performance notification which requests we check if the stock matches the ASIN. Other times we get the the same notification without any negative feedback where we assume a customer has complained direct to amazon. The account has never been suspended over these policy warning and we have only had one title restricted due to a spelling mistake on our in house sticker. So the 4 warnings is garbage information.
Also you never clarified if you have actually had 4 warnings and then your account suspended.
I have had accounts go down to to competitors purchasing products and claiming "phake" via emails or A-to-Z claims. Yes, I do have experience with it. In fact, products can be removed without a buyer even purchasing an item from you. If they send an email asking "is this product authentic?" Amazon often will remove the listing.

This is especially true with certain categories, such as any media. I would imagine that say, home furniture is less strict.
Old 11-04-2015

GOA, I certainly don't sell home furniture, but an amusing assumption. Products I sell come under the highly counterfeited umbrella.

However if you buy your goods from a recognised licensed distributor and have invoices then you should have no problem proving your goods are legit. But if you are buying from China you will get problems.

If an account is not established, say less than 4 months and less than 500 feedback amazon will take a more in depth review of that account, but if the paperwork stacks up all will be OK. Amazon realise customers are not experts in determining if goods are original or not.

If the licensed distributor complains your goods are counterfeit then you are dust.
Old 11-04-2015

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post

It's been my experience that 4 complaints about inauthentic merchandise will result in a permanent account closure, though sometimes it takes fewer. Sometimes only 1 will kill an account. Depends on the age and history. But 4 is a guaranteed death sentence.
Errmm I beg to differ.. this cut from Sandisk 64 Gb micro sd cards on Amazon
The guy has 1,175 BAD reviews.. and still in operation.. at the TOP of the bad reviews are complaints about ⊗⊗⊗⊗.. COUNTERFEIT cards..
Has Amazon shut him down ..
NO.. and hundreds of stores just like his sell the same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ cards.

Most helpful critical review
See all 1,175 critical reviews›
1,074 of 1,101 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 starsBeware of counterfeit cards
ByFadeeCG1on July 1, 2015
Received another counterfeit memory card. Please reference attached image. Left is an original "non counterfeit" and on the Right is a counterfeit card i just received yesterday.
The Following User Says Thank You to gazinbali For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazinbali View Post
Errmm I beg to differ.. this cut from Sandisk 64 Gb micro sd cards on Amazon
The guy has 1,175 BAD reviews.. and still in operation.. at the TOP of the bad reviews are complaints about ⊗⊗⊗⊗.. COUNTERFEIT cards..
Has Amazon shut him down ..
NO.. and hundreds of stores just like his sell the same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ cards.

Most helpful critical review
See all 1,175 critical reviews›
1,074 of 1,101 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 starsBeware of counterfeit cards
ByFadeeCG1on July 1, 2015
Received another counterfeit memory card. Please reference attached image. Left is an original "non counterfeit" and on the Right is a counterfeit card i just received yesterday.
LOL

You need to learn the difference between a PRODUCT REVIEW and ACCOUNT FEEDBACK.

The reviews aren't even necessarily related to the vendor you're discussing. There could be 500 different sellers for the item, and 499 of them could be selling phakes.....doesn't matter. They need to purchase or contact the seller DIRECTLY in order for Amazon to take direct action against the account. Just because some other guys lists phake merchandise under the same ASIN as my REAL merchandise doesn't mean Amazon will punish me due to his phakes....

Also, customers can leave 1 or 2 stars for any reason they choose, as trivial as they don't like the color, not just for phakes......

One bad review over one item from ONE seller doesn't mean every product listed under the ASIN is phake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-04-2015), jackjjohn (11-17-2016)