Reporting a violation numerous times - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-05-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Reporting a violation numerous times

There are numerous sellers that I have reported numerous times for listing the wrong item on the detail page. I have reported them at least 5 times, but they continue to relist the wrong item. I'm wondering if there is someone else at Amazon I should contact about this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Reporting a violation numerous times

Out of question why does it matter that much to you?
Old 11-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Because it's unfair selling practices and it's taking away sales from sellers who are listing the correct item.
Old 11-05-2015

Activity: 28%

If it is FBA comingled then it is a huge headache for other sellers.
Hope you get it straightened away Kelly
Old 11-05-2015
Threadstarter  

No, it's seller fulfilled desktop computers. Sellers are listing them with a lower amount a RAM or a totally different model. I just don't understand why Amazon doesn't block their listing after numerous requests and them relisting the same wrong item
Old 11-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Out of question why does it matter that much to you?
It's dishonest, leads to bad product reviews (affecting sales of ALL sellers of the product) and leads to general buyer distrust (a lot of buyers are too stupid to realize they're buying from 3rd party sellers, not Amazon.com)

LOT'S of reasons to care.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
GhostDog (11-10-2015)
Old 11-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
It's dishonest, leads to bad product reviews (affecting sales of ALL sellers of the product) and leads to general buyer distrust (a lot of buyers are too stupid to realize they're buying from 3rd party sellers, not Amazon.com)

LOT'S of reasons to care.
Not a massive seller on Amazon myself, hence the questions that was asked out of curiosity....
Old 11-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Not a massive seller on Amazon myself, hence the questions that was asked out of curiosity....
You really should start James. Lots of money to be made. If your products are listed on the site, there are no listing fees, pay nothing until you sell. No "middle man" (PayPal) fees, LOTS of traffic....really should try Amazon.
Old 11-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Not a massive fan of the interface.

The products I sell mainly also do not fix into the Amazon platform as easily as they do eBay
Old 11-06-2015

Activity: 3%

When you find out, let me know....

I have a competitor selling alot of the same items. i'll have the orignal ASIN for sale, which is an older model, and worth more $$, and my competitior will undercut me so he gets the buybox and puts in his comments "if we are out of stock on this item, we will send you the newest ver free of charge!"

The worst part about it is this guy is able to get the neg feedbacks removed! I have seen feedbacks about him sending the wrong item, etc etc, and he is able to get them removed.

He got 3 removed in a day!

I have reported 2 or 3 times and nothing is done. I am just hoping Amazon keeps an internal number for complaints because its only time.....
Old 11-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Not a massive fan of the interface.

The products I sell mainly also do not fix into the Amazon platform as easily as they do eBay
You can list items so quickly though.

I'd recommend giving it a shot---lots of money to be made on Amazon.
Old 11-06-2015

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post

I have a competitor selling alot of the same items. i'll have the orignal ASIN for sale, which is an older model, and worth more $$, and my competitior will undercut me so he gets the buybox and puts in his comments "if we are out of stock on this item, we will send you the newest ver free of charge!"

The worst part about it is this guy is able to get the neg feedbacks removed! I have seen feedbacks about him sending the wrong item, etc etc, and he is able to get them removed.

I have reported 2 or 3 times and nothing is done. I am just hoping Amazon keeps an internal number for complaints because its only time.....
Your competitor, is he selling FBA
Old 11-07-2015

Activity: 3%

Merchant.

I actually ordered from him once, thinking WOW, what a great deal, I can resell these. The sucker got me, because he then emailed me with a "sorry, we are out of stock but I can upgrade you to the newest fast edition for free!"....

I aked to cancel my order, and the next day he was selling the same thing and then I read the comments. Not only as a seller did I report him but I reported him on my buyer account!

I think I should report him again, but kindly ask Amazon to review his complaint history....People order old computer parts because they are needed, they dont want a "newer model"
Old 11-07-2015

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post

If your competitor is using FBA, then he can ask for feedback removal.

If he is not, he can still ask for removal if the feedback is against Amazon Feedback guideline:
- product review
- inappropriate language
- include personal info
- non-arrival/late shipment claim before ETA is due
Old 11-07-2015

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
You can list items so quickly though.

I'd recommend giving it a shot---lots of money to be made on Amazon.
Hey GOA, got a question for you if you got the time I'd appreciate it. I've got the same situation as JamesNorth. I'm doing all of my sales on eBay at the moment. I sell a pretty unique product. I sell various customizable displays for autographed memorabilia, not the actual memorabilia just the displays for stuff they already own. I do very well with them on eBay. Last year I tried Amazon in hopes to expand sales. I knew my products were better suited for eBay but I just thought adding extra sales couldn't hurt. So I purchased some UPC codes and listed some of my better selling items. I was shocked that my sales were almost non existent. I gave it about 2 months, and ended up just closing amazon account. It wasn't worth having to check and answer questions all the time for a few sales here and there. Just to give you a better idea I was selling 20-25 a day on ebay and 1 every 2-3 days on amazon. I mean I had a lot more listed on eBay and had been selling for a while, but Amazon was quite a disappointment. The one thing I know is that most people don't go look for my product. Usually it's from people either purchasing or browsing for autographs on eBay and they come across them. Since autographs are a very risky item, you really only find very reputable companies demanding top dollar for their items on Amazon. But with xmas coming soon, I'd like to make as much as possible while I can. So my question to you is since you seem very high on Amazon, do you have any advise on giving it another shot. Having more listed, giving it more time to build up reputation, a different marketing technique, or anything else that could increase exposure? Because people love the products, I just need them to find them. Or should I just chalk it up to it's not the right market? Because as we know time is of the essence around this time and I would hate to put tons of hours into something that's not gonna produce results. Thanks in advance for any input.

Anyone else that has any advice/input is welcome & appreciated
Old 11-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotchsports View Post
Hey GOA, got a question for you if you got the time I'd appreciate it. I've got the same situation as JamesNorth. I'm doing all of my sales on eBay at the moment. I sell a pretty unique product. I sell various customizable displays for autographed memorabilia, not the actual memorabilia just the displays for stuff they already own. I do very well with them on eBay. Last year I tried Amazon in hopes to expand sales. I knew my products were better suited for eBay but I just thought adding extra sales couldn't hurt. So I purchased some UPC codes and listed some of my better selling items. I was shocked that my sales were almost non existent. I gave it about 2 months, and ended up just closing amazon account. It wasn't worth having to check and answer questions all the time for a few sales here and there. Just to give you a better idea I was selling 20-25 a day on ebay and 1 every 2-3 days on amazon. I mean I had a lot more listed on eBay and had been selling for a while, but Amazon was quite a disappointment. The one thing I know is that most people don't go look for my product. Usually it's from people either purchasing or browsing for autographs on eBay and they come across them. Since autographs are a very risky item, you really only find very reputable companies demanding top dollar for their items on Amazon. But with xmas coming soon, I'd like to make as much as possible while I can. So my question to you is since you seem very high on Amazon, do you have any advise on giving it another shot. Having more listed, giving it more time to build up reputation, a different marketing technique, or anything else that could increase exposure? Because people love the products, I just need them to find them. Or should I just chalk it up to it's not the right market? Because as we know time is of the essence around this time and I would hate to put tons of hours into something that's not gonna produce results. Thanks in advance for any input.

Anyone else that has any advice/input is welcome & appreciated
Unfortunately, I only list against existing ASINs, so my advice will be more theoretical than based on real world experience in this case. Just full disclosure.

HOWEVER: That doesn't mean I don't know the ins and outs about Amazon and what makes a quality product stand out. I have optimized existing listings in the past, and the below advice should help you sell your items on Amazon as well.

1. You need good, REAL reviews from REAL customers. This means no buying Fiverr reviews, no reviewing your own products, none of that...AUTHENTIC REVIEWS from REAL BUYERS.

2. Your seller account needs it's own GREAT reviews. People need to know they can trust YOU to deliver your great items. Unlike eBay, where low feedback is ignored, on Amazon, no feedback or low feedback makes you a leper.

3. If you haven't before, use FBA for ALL your items. This will GREATLY help you moving your items even if you have low feedback, because a lot of customers don't know the difference between third-party sellers using FBA and Amazon.com selling the item.

These are the 3 biggest things you can address to maximize your sales. (I'm assuming based on your post that your product is already awesome and that you have already completely filled out your product details page with key features, keywords, etc. I don't want to give you a bunch of "no duh" advice, but if you want the basics too, just ask).

Now I'm going to address how to get them done one by one.

1. Reviews. How to get product reviews, step by step.
Create a system to track whom you contact to write reviews. Basically, you need to keep track of everyone you contact regarding writing reviews for your products. I recommend Google Spreadsheet.

2. Find potential reviewers. This is actually pretty easy. Go to your existing product page for your own product on Amazon. Then scroll to the section that says “Customer Also Bought Items By” and the section “Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed.” These sections lists the competing products that customers view and buy when they consider your product. This is a goldmine. You are only one step away from targeting the best reviewers you could ever have–the people reviewing your competitor's products.

3. The pot of gold. Visit the Amazon page for the first competitor that you identified in Step 2. Now, near the top left of the page, click on the link to the customer reviews. This will list every review the competing product has received. To make this process easy to track, click on the option that lets you sort the reviews by “Newest First.” Now you will see the most recent reviews next to the reviewers name. You found your leprechaun.

4. How to get a review. Click on each reviewer to get details on the person. Note that this step will require you to pay attention to detail. Sometimes the reviewer will leave a phone # or email address, in other cases they will share their name and business, and in some cases they reveal squat. You're looking for people you can find contact info in 60 seconds or less---via Google, Facebook, Twitter, or by phone.

5. Make contact. Once you identify potential reviewers, reach out to them explaining that you discovered their review on Amazon. Explain that you have a book or product that you think may be of interest to them, and would like to send it to them. Further explain that you are seeking an honest review of the item you send, but that they don’t have an obligation (this process is about inviting reviews, not forcing reviews). You'll probably have about half the people you send your product to write reviews. And yes, some people might even write a bad review---but remember, you're NOT paying for reviews. You're not in a gray area: Amazon allows you to give away products in exchange for HONEST reviews (Google Amazon Vine)

6. Repeat forever. This process takes two elements that scares many people away: time and money. You need to make an effort (time) and you need to send a product to a reviewer (money).

An alternative to this method is to use a service that automates this. Here's an example:

http://shopwithreviews.com/index.php

Now, I don't know if this service is technically allowed. I would NOT use it before clearing it with Amazon and making SURE you are allowed to use this site.

2. Getting feedback.

You basically need to spam the email of every customer you get. 3 days after their item is delivered, send a friendly email asking for feedback. 2 weeks later, another. Another 2 weeks, another. Then another 3 weeks later. Don't make it day and date, just use this as a general guideline. Less than 10% of customers leave feedback on Amazon.

3. FBA is self-explanatory, and there is a wealth of info on the subject both on this forum and off. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

Let me know if there's anything I wasn't clear about.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
wooha (11-20-2015)