amazon seller threats - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-18-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default amazon seller threats

This guy just has his brand name at the start of the listing but its the exact same product, checking with the manufacturer if his is different but I doubt it as his pictures are even watermarked with the manufacturer and from their website. Talking rubbish isn't he? I'm new to amazon:

Hi

We would like to kindly remind you that you are still using our brand name to sell your product.

As mentioned as per Amazon terms and conditions the product can only be listed under a product if it is like for like, which your version of the **** will not be the same, as mentioned we have a partnership with **** to offer our own branded version.

We kindly ask you remove your item from our listing, so I am not forced to contact amazon regarding this infraction.

Kind Regards
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: amazon seller threats

Hard to say.

I am very stubborn about this stuff. Just because someone has an ASIGN number does not mean they have exclusive rights. I always wait for them to contact Amazon and 80% of the time I am right. Sometimes they remove the listing and I need to create a new one if I have not already done so.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
dan_ebay (11-18-2015)
Old 11-18-2015

Longevity: 53%

Ask to him for proof.
Old 11-18-2015

Longevity: 65%

In my opinion, your result will depend on 2 factors, the first of which is always the case with just about everything:

1. Which Amazon rep initially sees the issue once the other seller reports you (if you get unlucky enough, you can always get canned). You should assume there's always at least a percentage chance of being suspended in any situation, even if it's only 3%. You have to know you're taking a risk when you're playing with fire. Take into account how expendable your account is! Personally, I wouldn't risk mine for 1%

2. How big this seller is. Anyone grossing over 1m or maybe even quite a bit less, will often have legal representation.. SPECIFICALLY for dudes like you :-) Their reach is much more powerful when official legal documents can be sent to Amazon.

Source: I have been in your exact shoes and got suspended for it. Admittedly, this only happened to me 1 time, so someone who fought the system on a multitude of occasions could provide you better insight.

Last edited by n8zzz; 11-18-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

At some point, Amazon is going to put a stop to this. They want a clean site, which is difficult when you have 50 sellers of popular items that create their own "brand name" and put it in their listing for generic items from China, as if they had designed and built the product.

The bozo who is giving you a problem is full of it - as you mentioned, he does not even have real photos of his "branded" item, just pictures taken by someone else that he pulled off of some website.

The "geniuses" out there who do this think they are really smart, but the problem is a few hundred other "geniuses" had the same idea before them. This results in dozens, or even HUNDREDS of listings for the exact same item, each with it's own "brand name" pulled out of thin air and most likely not even registered with the trademark office.

At some point, Amazon is just going to start pulling all of these listings in order to clean up the clutter.

If you want to do this, do it the SMART way! Take your own pictures. Add something, if possible, that your competitors WON'T have. That way, you can claim your item is TRULY different and that it is TRULY YOURS. Because taking a sheet of Avery address labels and printing your "logo" and putting it on the package is not going to cut it for too much longer.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
dan_ebay (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015

Longevity: 49%

Dont reply to any emails. Try to ignore him. You start causing an internet fight he can simply buy your products, request refunds, A to Z claims, negative feedback until youre out for the count. You can do the same to him if he starts fvcking with you badly enough. Its up to you
Old 11-19-2015

Longevity: 50%

yes it is grey areas n this but thats the rules. unless you can prove the "?everything" matches the description 100% UPC and brand included.you WILL get suspended. i repeat you WILL GET SUSPENDED ...AGAIN!!! trust me as we speak i am writing a cease and desist letter to another seller,Just like you! I have been suspended before for the SAME problem Now the rabbit has the Gun. dont be foolish move your listing NOW!!
Old 11-19-2015

Longevity: 65%

Jeff, you could be right, but the amount of overhaul needed would be crazyyy. I would be thoroughly impressed if Amazon could manage it within 2 years. And stopping it from popping up again? I really can't imagine a system in which Amazon could prevent it without needing human eyes scouring thousands of listings constantly. Amazon is much smarter than me, though, so maybe there's a chance for it.

However, I have seen many sellers gain legitimacy through starting out with this exact technique. In other words, over time, after being more successful, they upped their game so to speak.. even built a pretty good reputation for their generic crap. You say "the smart way" and I'm saying, this is what they evolved into.

At the end of the road, Amazon pulls the plug MAYBE, like you say, and all of a sudden everyone is doing things "the smart way". They evolve with it.. or rather figure out the new rules and exploit them. It may get rid of some of the riff raff, but within the structure that has existed since day 1 on Amazon, it would always be whack-a-mole. This unchanged structure is why I find it really hard to wrap my mind around the idea of any upcoming change as massive as this.
Old 11-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 56%

Yeah he doesn't even have any stock anyway so dunno why hes crying so much, only like 10 feedback aswell. He's taken his pictures off the listing in a little hissy fit now lol.

Just had a amazon review come up with 14 day holds, this normal is it?

Also I want some stuff off for FBA but concerned what happens if my account ends up getting banned? Accounts in legit details so should be fine anyway
Old 11-19-2015

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
Yeah he doesn't even have any stock anyway so dunno why hes crying so much, only like 10 feedback aswell. He's taken his pictures off the listing in a little hissy fit now lol.

Just had a amazon review come up with 14 day holds, this normal is it?

Also I want some stuff off for FBA but concerned what happens if my account ends up getting banned? Accounts in legit details so should be fine anyway
my legit account got banned 2 weeks after i sent 350 items to FBA, waited just over 2 months for them to give me my stuff back. Been hell trying to catch back up
The Following User Says Thank You to mao For This Useful Post:
dan_ebay (11-19-2015)
Old 11-23-2015

Are you selling on his listing or your own? Why don't you just create your own and if he has good traffic put his listing into your keywords.
Old 11-23-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly101 View Post
Are you selling on his listing or your own? Why don't you just create your own and if he has good traffic put his listing into your keywords.
Create a new listing for the product that may have the exact same UPC/ EAN? I don't think that's possible unless you have your own EAN/ UPC...
Old 11-23-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by frksmth View Post
Create a new listing for the product that may have the exact same UPC/ EAN? I don't think that's possible unless you have your own EAN/ UPC...
buy 1000 UPC codes on eBay for $1
Old 11-23-2015

Longevity: 75%

Amazon generally doesn't like having duplicates but this may help as a temporary workaround for the situation, perhaps...
Old 11-24-2015

Put a sticker over the UPC/barcode that you made yourself. So simple to do. Amazon is bs, because my client has a distributor (3 of them), and we have multiple listings of each item that marketplace sellers take and relist at even higher prices than our original listing. This is a last resort (if he owns the listing). However, I learned the tough way, that Seller Performance team does NOT care they will simply block your account (kind of got the feeling they get a kick out of blocking people's seller accounts), so its your call if he complains and they decide in his favor.