Uk vcc? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Uk vcc?

Changing your address with a bank to a random stealth address is not OK and not a good thing to do in the UK. I really cannot hammer that point home enough.

If you are actually moving address from 1 house to another and changing all your bank / credit card ect details in one go that is fine. This will always have a small effect on a credit record though indirectly.

For example

2 identical people with identical wages and identical jobs

Person 1 - Lived at the same address for 10 years without moving
v
Person 2 - Lived at 2 address. 1 for 9 years 10 months and the new address for 2 months.

Lenders will without a doubt see person 1 as a lower risk. This is just how the system works. They like to see continuity.

Further to this when you apply for any sort of credit the application will ask how long you have lived at X or Z address

They then match this with credit agencies reports and public records.

Banks report your registered address to the credit referencing agencies.

Having your bank account registered to some random stealth address is going to throw up flags. It will look to them like you lived at your actual address for how ever many years and then moved but you are failing to declared your new address.

The person you talked to on the phone is correct in that it will not directly effect your credit score, but in this case your not actually moving house. Your thinking about changing the address registered with the bank to some random address. This is really really not a good idea

Added to that changing your banks registered address to a random address is fraudulent

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 01-18-2016 at 12:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
zane786 (01-18-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%

but is that actuallly fraud ?
Old 01-18-2016

Longevity: 57%

I understand your point but what about adding it as your secondary address... HSBC said they could this for me. You could also instead of using a random address use something like your student residency address, and if any lender sometime in the future did ask, you would have a solid reason.

2. Also what about the option of using your home address with your stealth name, since only the house number and postcode have to match. Would this not work ?
Old 01-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

If its an actually address then you have real ties to (your business address for example) then having a business bank there would be normal and fine

The same applies for if your a student living in a flat/house with other people. Clearly you will want to change your address to this new address for legitimate reasons.

If you try to use your house address with your postcode and your door number but a stealth name my guess it that Amazon would shut the account down very quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
zane786 (01-18-2016)
Old 01-18-2016

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Changing your address with a bank to a random stealth address is not OK and not a good thing to do in the UK. I really cannot hammer that point home enough.

If you are actually moving address from 1 house to another and changing all your bank / credit card ect details in one go that is fine. This will always have a small effect on a credit record though indirectly.

For example

2 identical people with identical wages and identical jobs

Person 1 - Lived at the same address for 10 years without moving
v
Person 2 - Lived at 2 address. 1 for 9 years 10 months and the new address for 2 months.

Lenders will without a doubt see person 1 as a lower risk. This is just how the system works. They like to see continuity.

Further to this when you apply for any sort of credit the application will ask how long you have lived at X or Z address

They then match this with credit agencies reports and public records.

Banks report your registered address to the credit referencing agencies.

Having your bank account registered to some random stealth address is going to throw up flags. It will look to them like you lived at your actual address for how ever many years and then moved but you are failing to declared your new address.

The person you talked to on the phone is correct in that it will not directly effect your credit score, but in this case your not actually moving house. Your thinking about changing the address registered with the bank to some random address. This is really really not a good idea

Added to that changing your banks registered address to a random address is fraudulent
This is why I say use a DEBIT card for your stealth. This is not reported to credit agencies as its not a credit card.
Old 01-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Debit cards are linked to bank account though... And to change the address on the debit card you have to change the address of the bank account. One it totally linked to the other

Bank accounts (that have the option for an overdraft, even if you don't have an overdraft) do get reported to credit agencies

Some basic bank accounts even report to credit agencies

Savings accounts will not be reported, but you don't get cards with many savings accounts and of the ones I know you do get cards with they are just for cash withdrawals not electronic use
Old 01-18-2016

When Experien etc are requested to do a credit search from a lender they use your address supplied your name and DOB. They will not search every address in the UK, only search the info supplied thats why lenders request your previous address also. So a debit card on the random address will not show on your credit file.
Old 01-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane786 View Post
but is that actuallly fraud ?
All about flags being thrown up
Old 01-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

They do a search using your name, DOB and address that is correct yes. That then pulls your credit report

On a credit report you see (and this is off the top of my head)

Current address
Gone Away notices
Revolving credit/debt
Defaults (in the last 6 years)
Current accounts and if they are in a negative balance
Credit facilities and how long you have had them (this includes both current accounts with and without overdrafts)
Credit cards and their balance (this is updated once a month)
CCJs (in the last 6 years)
Linked addresses
Other people with financial links to you
Credit searches (it then will also what sort of credit search took place)

Experian then give you a credit score based on this infomation. It is the report that people offering credit will see and get a copy of. They will then give that report their own score. Its why there is no such thing as a universal credit score for anyone person

The score that Experince give you is just their guide. Its not set in stone

Everyone can go ahead and check this out for themselves on their own credit reports in the UK

If all your bank accounts are registered to random address then A - That is going to cause your bank accounts and any credit facilities you have on them to not show on the report B - Its going to show a lot of addresses linked. While unlikely it could also cause a financial link with another person to appear
Old 01-19-2016

James these banks accounts that don't show are unimportant as they are only a means to get a debit card and an amazon account. It will not not show on your credit report addresses linked as you have not furnished that address to the credit reference agency. I speak from experience, trust me,
Old 01-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,039 Times in 773 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%

Having foreign bank accounts is a handy thing. My bank send me nothing through the post, and I'm sure I can change my address a few times without much ado
Old 01-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

My point is nearly ALL current accounts show on a credit report

As far as I am aware there are no banks in the UK that offer a current account with a linked debit card that do not show on you credit report.

Banks like MyCashPlus may not show on a report, but they do not have debit cards

If you are aware of a bank that offers a current account with a debit card (not a prepaid card, they are not the same thing) then link away I am sure people would appreciated it

But the point that also needs to be explained is how you explain to the bank that you are using some random address that you have no link to as your registration address.

If people want to get back onto Amazon and use debit cards than its fairly easy to do without putting your credit report at risk or putting yourself in the position of committing bank fraud

Get a business address
Get a business bank account
Get a business debit card linked to business debit card

Job done.

This can be done 5/6 times with different businesses without issue
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
onlinehelpneeded (01-19-2016), Play (06-14-2016)
Old 01-19-2016

Longevity: 66%

But isn't opening business account without a business 'difficult'? I mean what documents does the bank ask for? Aren't there requirements in order for the application to be accepted?
Old 01-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Opening a business costs about £10/20 and is pretty simple

You can also get sole trader accounts
Old 01-19-2016

Longevity: 66%

That is per month, no?

And anyway, aren't we going in circles? How will the debit card have a stealth address?
Old 01-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Because you don't use a stealth address you use your new business address...

And that is a one off fee
Old 01-19-2016

Longevity: 47%

I think jamesnorth101 advice at 10.37am is absolute gold. Nothing more needs to be said

Well done
Old 01-19-2016

Longevity: 57%

Does any know if there any issue with using a vcc card from another european country on amazon uk? because ive seen an option when adding your card to change the country of your billing address...
Old 01-19-2016

Longevity: 48%

Quote:

My point is nearly ALL current accounts show on a credit report

As far as I am aware there are no banks in the UK that offer a current account with a linked debit card that do not show on you credit report.

Banks like MyCashPlus may not show on a report, but they do not have debit cards

If you are aware of a bank that offers a current account with a debit card (not a prepaid card, they are not the same thing) then link away I am sure people would appreciated it

But the point that also needs to be explained is how you explain to the bank that you are using some random address that you have no link to as your registration address.

If people want to get back onto Amazon and use debit cards than its fairly easy to do without putting your credit report at risk or putting yourself in the position of committing bank fraud

Get a business address
Get a business bank account
Get a business debit card linked to business debit card

Job done.

This can be done 5/6 times with different businesses without issue
That is the process we plan on using but we are based in the US. Amazon requires us to provide our passport for tax purposes. How would we go about setting up a new account without having to provide a new passport each time?
Old 01-19-2016

Quote:

James the account is opened at your regular address, then you change the address online. Simple
Old 01-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

I understand what your suggesting doing...

The change of address still gets reported to the credit agencies by the bank.

Pretty cut and dry really
Old 01-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 73%

As JamesNorth101 says, changing your address for a bank debit card WILL affect your credit report! So don't do it!

There is no need to change address as I just made a new Amazon UK seller account with a bank debit card without needing to change anything.