Setting up second account while another is under review - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Setting up second account while another is under review

I have an account that is still under review for 2 weeks now.

I want to setup a second account right away to sell the same items.

I will of course create the account in a different city and will create other listings to keep a 10 to 1 ratio, and will follow all stealth procedures.

My question is

Is it risky to setup a second account selling the same items if my other account is still under review? Is Amazon more likely to look at other accounts being setup during their review?

Should I just wait till the review is over?

I just cant keep waiting because I am losing a lot of money
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2016

Longevity: 62%
Default Re: Setting up second account while another is under review

Good luck you should be ok using the ghost rules. I'm still in review was 30 days on the 12th of april. Rolling reserve sucks just waiting forever!
Old 04-19-2016

Activity: 86%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
I have an account that is still under review for 2 weeks now.

I want to setup a second account right away to sell the same items.

I will of course create the account in a different city and will create other listings to keep a 10 to 1 ratio, and will follow all stealth procedures.

My question is

Is it risky to setup a second account selling the same items if my other account is still under review? Is Amazon more likely to look at other accounts being setup during their review?

Should I just wait till the review is over?

I just cant keep waiting because I am losing a lot of money
this is not a problem as long as none of the user names gets a permanent suspension. selling same items on more than one user name is one of the primary factors amazon use to suspend for associated accounts , if one gets suspended later it's game over for the other ones with the same items unless you diversify and also sell many items that can not be linked to suspended sellers
Old 04-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
this is not a problem as long as none of the user names gets a permanent suspension. selling same items on more than one user name is one of the primary factors amazon use to suspend for associated accounts , if one gets suspended later it's game over for the other ones with the same items unless you diversify and also sell many items that can not be linked to suspended sellers
I will be following all stealth procedures so I wont be using the same user name
Old 04-20-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
I will be following all stealth procedures so I wont be using the same user name
Hopefully your following all the stealth procedures to make a brand new account, and not just a new user name. This is to isolate both accounts so that if the former was to end up going down completely, the latter will remain unaffected.
Old 04-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Hopefully your following all the stealth procedures to make a brand new account, and not just a new user name. This is to isolate both accounts so that if the former was to end up going down completely, the latter will remain unaffected.
Of course, why would I use the same user name.

That's stealth 101
Old 04-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

And don't be the lowest price seller on the block
Old 04-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
And don't be the lowest price seller on the block
That's kind of hard to do because I get barely any sales if I am not lowest. The items are not sold by Amazon, so I wont be competing with them. I will start off slow and not be lowest price though, and will gradually change my prices
Old 04-25-2016

Longevity: 65%

Are you serious regarding the 10 to 1 rule for new items vs. old items? I've created many accounts in the past and never had linking problems and I barely do 50/50 percentage wise on new items vs. old items. Maybe it depends on the amount of different sku's that you sell, I sell hundreds of items, sometimes thousands so maybe it doesn't matter so much but still... 10 to 1 seems quite excessive to me. Last account I got suspended I had about 3,000 ASINs, can't even imagine trying to find 30,000 different ASINs in order to sell my inventory I'm holding at the moment..
Old 04-26-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekov View Post
Are you serious regarding the 10 to 1 rule for new items vs. old items? I've created many accounts in the past and never had linking problems and I barely do 50/50 percentage wise on new items vs. old items. Maybe it depends on the amount of different sku's that you sell, I sell hundreds of items, sometimes thousands so maybe it doesn't matter so much but still... 10 to 1 seems quite excessive to me. Last account I got suspended I had about 3,000 ASINs, can't even imagine trying to find 30,000 different ASINs in order to sell my inventory I'm holding at the moment..
I think this 10:1 was meant for individuals with around 10 to 100 items in their inventory.

In your case with a selection of 30,000 - I don't think the ratio would apply.
Old 04-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:

The 10 to 1 rule was recommended throughout the forum when I first signed up about 4 years ago Im gad to hear this isn't the case I will do 3 to 1 then

Are you dropshipping?
Old 04-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
I think this 10:1 was meant for individuals with around 10 to 100 items in their inventory.

In your case with a selection of 30,000 - I don't think the ratio would apply.
Makes sense. If you sell 10 of the same items and only list 10 new, even if you are shipping form a different city, if an account goes under review and they see half the items are similar and shipped from a city close to the first account I think you will be linked. I can't drive 2 hours just to drop off items at another post office far away from the first account city
Old 04-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Have you done 50/50 with an account of less than 25 items?

Was the second account city near the other account city?

They can easily check where you are shipping from so do you also drop off to the same post office? I've always assumed it was a good idea not to ship from same post office
Old 04-28-2016

Longevity: 53%

What if you DELETE the listings on one account temporarily before transferring to the other? Does anyone know if they compare also deleted ASINS history?
Old 05-02-2016

Longevity: 65%

I've never had an account with only 25 ASINs, so I can't really answer that question, however, I always try to apply logic when I deal with linking accounts. Is it possible that someone, somewhere will list 12 items, that happen to be the same 12 out of someone else's 25 items throughout USA? Hell yes. As a mater of fact, from the hundreds of thousands of sellers on Amazon, I guarantee you there are thousands of sellers that overlap on 12 or 15 items. Now is it possible that the two sellers with 10-15 overlapping items live close to each other? Maybe same city? The possibility is very good, not unusual either, especially since maybe those particular items are sold or produced in the viscidity of that city - maybe an outlet mall located there with that store, maybe a company/factory producing them there, etc. In my opinion, Amazon cannot base their system on an arbitrary possibility of people having same 10-15 items. Now from the 10 or so different factors that can get your accounts linked, if there are another 2-3 factors that also overlap, I can see them looking into it manually (a person, rather than a bot, doing the reviewing) and figuring it out. But simply linking you on same 10 items as someone else would be extremely far fetched, in my opinion. I also always drop off at the same post office, and have never had a problem with that. There are thousands of Sellers that live in your city, again, it would be impossible to have a system that bases it's linking on that. It would give too many errors, and Amazon wouldn't want to link accounts mistakenly all the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to alekov For This Useful Post:
Kelly441 (05-02-2016)