Buyer claims they gave wrng address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-16-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Buyer claims they gave wrng address

A buyer paid for second day shipping on Friday. I shipped on Friday and it has been delivered to the address that they provided

This morning they emailed me and said to ship to a different address

I did not get signature required

Am I likely to win an A to Z claim because they gave the wrong address even though I did not get a signature?

Sounds lie they are trying to scam
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-16-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Buyer claims they gave wrng address

If the correspondence was via Amazon, you could simply say it was delivered to the address displayed by Amazon.

If a case gets opened, simply argue that you shipped to the address Amazon asked you to, buyers fault for not keeping the information up to date (bear in mind, they would have seen what address its going to at checkout).

Im no Amazon guru, im sure they will chime in to give you more advice.
Old 05-16-2016
Threadstarter  

They admitted in the email that they gave the wrong address
Old 05-16-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
They admitted in the email that they gave the wrong address
I may be wrong - but I would think that is enough for you to win a case.

Consider offering the buyer a solution, i.e. buy another one, and I'll send you something complementary.. basically try to solve the situation before it gets into Amazon's hands.
Old 05-16-2016

Longevity: 80%

you are likely to win, amazon will probably just refund and eat lost. I wouldn't let this go to A-Z claim though...
Old 05-16-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
you are likely to win, amazon will probably just refund and eat lost. I wouldn't let this go to A-Z claim though...
Thats up to the buyer. I'm not just going to refund
Old 05-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

I would not refund either. Maybe ask the buyer if they can go to the address the package was delivered at and the nice people there can (maybe) give it to them.

I actually once did this and seceded. I recovered my poly bags to ship stuff.
Old 05-17-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
I would not refund either. Maybe ask the buyer if they can go to the address the package was delivered at and the nice people there can (maybe) give it to them.

I actually once did this and seceded. I recovered my poly bags to ship stuff.
Really?? They didn't even ask why you used their address? dont think UK people will play ball like that.

OP - I think he meant Amazon will refund buyer and eat the loss. Not you.
Old 05-17-2016

Longevity: 50%

What a sad state of affairs amazon has become...the buyer clearly screwed up big time and we are here debating whether an a to z would be won or not...this question should not even arise in the first place and amazon should just tell the buyer to suck it up and not be so stupid next time...instead amazon is forcing sellers to take responsibility of buyers stupidity and in the best case senario they refund from their own pocket spoiling buyers to no end...so buyers can now think that they can screw up with impunity and without any losses
Last week i had another amazon most likely scammer which i had to refund almost $100 because the item was not delivered although usps showed it was...for the sake of me i dont get it why i never came across of blatant scams like this in any other marketplace ebay included
Old 05-17-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomas0405 View Post
What a sad state of affairs amazon has become...the buyer clearly screwed up big time and we are here debating whether an a to z would be won or not...this question should not even arise in the first place and amazon should just tell the buyer to suck it up and not be so stupid next time...instead amazon is forcing sellers to take responsibility of buyers stupidity and in the best case senario they refund from their own pocket spoiling buyers to no end...so buyers can now think that they can screw up with impunity and without any losses
Last week i had another amazon most likely scammer which i had to refund almost $100 because the item was not delivered although usps showed it was...for the sake of me i dont get it why i never came across of blatant scams like this in any other marketplace ebay included
I wouldn't exclude ebay when it comes to irrational returns buddy!, they're just as bad. You may have had good luck, but I trade primarily on that platform and my rule of thumb has become return request > return received > refunded - I dont even bother disputing incase I end up having to refund and let the buyer keep the item.
Old 05-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Really?? They didn't even ask why you used their address? dont think UK people will play ball like that.

OP - I think he meant Amazon will refund buyer and eat the loss. Not you.
Dont you see that the OP is from the US, he/she has a US flag. I dont know anything about the UK, never been there. I wasnt talking anything about the UK. We might be long lost cousins, US and UK, but the population attitude broke off some hundred of years ago.

Why cant people read correctly.
Old 05-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomas0405 View Post
I guess you dont sell on ebay, they are just as bad. I dont sell on Amazon anymore but when I did. I had the same issues like on ebay.

Same stupid people but different selling platform.
Old 05-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I had a winner last week.....Buy's my item ($9 item), Sends me a message that basically asks me to ship the item to his "new address" 2 days AFTER the item was delivered! I knew from there on he was trying to pull a fast one on me, these people will try anything.
Old 05-18-2016

Quote:
Dont you see that the OP is from the US, he/she has a US flag. I dont know anything about the UK, never been there. I wasnt talking anything about the UK. We might be long lost cousins, US and UK, but the population attitude broke off some hundred of years ago.

Why cant people read correctly.
I said 'dont think UK people will play ball like that.' It had nothing to do with OP being in US
Old 05-18-2016

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
I guess you dont sell on ebay, they are just as bad. I dont sell on Amazon anymore but when I did. I had the same issues like on ebay.

Same stupid people but different selling platform.
I sell in ebay for 8 years and amazon 4
I did not say ebay does not have stupid customers...of course they have
But amazon has given a new dimension to the usual scams
I know scams exist in ebay too but i never had a customer in ebay claiming non delivery with a delivered usps tracking update...i also never had in ebay customers pulling the empty box scam...maybe i am lucky there who knows...however i am getting those about once a month in amazon...but even if i get some of those in ebay you bet i will not be bending backwards like i am doing all the time in amazon to protect the account...i always fight shipping and delivery cases if online tracking proves me right...but in amazon is a lost cause to even try to fight it let alone the fact that it could lead to a few defects and the account is down...
Old 05-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 76%

typical bogus claim in my opinion. had this happen multiple times
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (05-18-2016)
Old 05-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

If I had a nickel for every time some buyer had a address issue... At least it was delivered. If the item was in limbo (Return to sender) you would lose the case as item had not been delivered. So there is a positive to this.
Old 05-19-2016
Threadstarter  

I haven't heard anything back. I just said sorry it has already shipped
Old 05-20-2016

Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
I haven't heard anything back. I just said sorry it has already shipped

Amazon is pretty good with A-Z claims like this, they will side with you since he admitted it and you broke no policy.

Could be legit mistake or stupid scammer, I had plenty customers tell me one thing in messages then open a A-Z for another reason and pointed Amazon to the orignal message and won.