Amazon's New Dirty Trick for New Sellers? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-25-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Amazon's New Dirty Trick for New Sellers?

We all know we have daily disbursements until the dreaded velocity review and then it's a rolling 28 until the review is over, (usually 30 days), now i have 2 stealth accounts and BOTH have gone through the review process and passed, both individual seller accounts, immediately after the review process was over i got a notification saying that there was a 14 day holding going to be applied because they determined my account was at risk of returns, customer complaints or refunds (none of this true).

I wanted to ask the long time stealthers on this forum and the new ones if they had noticed this move by Amazon in trying to hold onto people's funds for as long as they can with no just cause, with 2 accounts now affected i think it's safe to say it's not isolated. These 14 day holds they say they can keep on the accounts for up to 90 days!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-25-2016

Default Re: Amazon's New Dirty Trick for New Sellers?

Amazon are very accomplished at that sort of thing, hanging onto people's money for as long as they can.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
dayofthedead2014 (06-27-2016)
Old 06-26-2016

Activity: 82%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayofthedead2014 View Post
We all know we have daily disbursements until the dreaded velocity review and then it's a rolling 28 until the review is over, (usually 30 days), now i have 2 stealth accounts and BOTH have gone through the review process and passed, both individual seller accounts, immediately after the review process was over i got a notification saying that there was a 14 day holding going to be applied because they determined my account was at risk of returns, customer complaints or refunds (none of this true).

I wanted to ask the long time stealthers on this forum and the new ones if they had noticed this move by Amazon in trying to hold onto people's funds for as long as they can with no just cause, with 2 accounts now affected i think it's safe to say it's not isolated. These 14 day holds they say they can keep on the accounts for up to 90 days!
they do this randomly on some accounts , sometimes it is just 14 days , sometimes 28 days and 14 days after that

anyway , if you behave then all this won't matter much
Old 06-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
they do this randomly on some accounts , sometimes it is just 14 days , sometimes 28 days and 14 days after that

anyway , if you behave then all this won't matter much
Well, i behave but it's the restricting of the cash flow i have the problem with, i'm a small sole trader with just steady sales, we're talking about less than 20 a week and i have these automatic 14 day reserves slapped on that may last up to 90 days each, that's what gets my back up, and it's for no obvious reason.
Old 06-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Amazon are very accomplished at that sort of thing, hanging onto people's money for as long as they can.
Exactly my point and it's infuriating when you just want to get on and do business, navigating these potholes, i don't have an endless stream of cash to keep ploughing in and hope and pray amazon don't just on a whim decide to keep putting unjustified last minute holds on funds, it's the lack of control over your own money.
The Following User Says Thank You to dayofthedead2014 For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016

Yes that's Amazon for you, they can be tricky to handle at times, other times they just leave you alone.
Old 06-27-2016

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayofthedead2014 View Post

You said daily disbursements....I can opt for daily disbursements of funds???
Old 06-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceopotus View Post
That's for a UK individual account.
Old 06-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceopotus View Post
not in the USA unless you already had it on a very very old account.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
ceopotus (07-03-2016)