One thing that's never mentioned.. shipping accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-19-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default One thing that's never mentioned.. shipping accounts

If you're using the same UPS account to ship stuff with as your old account, they can link you immediately since your UPS account number is the first 6 characters of the tracking number after the 1Z.

Other carriers likely do the same thing.

Unless you don't upload tracking information when confirming shipping, in which case you'll get banned pretty fast anyway.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2016

Default Re: One thing that's never mentioned.. shipping accounts

Not hard to create a new UPS/FX/DHL acct. But a fair point.

The more I investigate all the tentacles of this forum, the more insurmountable it becomes, if they had the resources and will to wind down every path, it would become almost NSA like.
Old 08-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Not a single case on this forum as far as I am aware of linking via carrier. Think about how many thousands of people drop ship daily from amazon all with the same few carrier accounts.

Is it possible? maybe. Has it ever happened? most likely not.
Old 08-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Not a single case on this forum as far as I am aware of linking via carrier. Think about how many thousands of people drop ship daily from amazon all with the same few carrier accounts.

Is it possible? maybe. Has it ever happened? most likely not.
Well, Amazon doesn't tell you how they linked the accounts, so you never know. If you're shipping your own orders it seems like an easy way to get nailed, and it's not something people usually think about.
Old 08-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by idds View Post
Not hard to create a new UPS/FX/DHL acct. But a fair point.

The more I investigate all the tentacles of this forum, the more insurmountable it becomes, if they had the resources and will to wind down every path, it would become almost NSA like.
Well, I'm spending a couple hundred / month on my shell corporation for my 2nd Amazon account, and am probably going to spend ~ $1000 / month on my next shell corporation and actually rent an office (there's other reasons behind that though, not just for running the amazon account, I'm also setting up a front to try to get suppliers to believe I have an actual business there). When I can easily sell a quarter - half million / year per account, there's no reason to be cheap and try to cut corners on stuff that's going to get me shut down. Why put in all the work to ramp up sales on the accounts only to get shut down because I was too cheap to properly register a corporation for the account?
Old 08-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

I will gove you an example. Last year I sold many thousands of Keurig coffee makers on amazon from many many accounts. The other 65-100 sellers at all times, i know for sure 47 of them also ship from the same three addresses from Green mountain themselves. That means at least 200 accounts all with the same three shipping addresses from the same three warehouses in the USA. Odds are it is one master fedex account.

I did have all of my accounts suspended for flaws in dropshipping. 100% are still active today and basically all the competitors and friends selling the same items are still active no problems. Plus greenmountain themselves and I am sure some of the sellers I dont know are also greenmountain fulfilled.

My conclusion is a MOST LIKELY NO LINKING BY CARRIER ACCOUNTS but ya never quite know.

Just have multiple accounts if you are worried about it a I LOVE your out of the box thinking.
Old 08-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I will gove you an example. Last year I sold many thousands of Keurig coffee makers on amazon from many many accounts. The other 65-100 sellers at all times, i know for sure 47 of them also ship from the same three addresses from Green mountain themselves. That means at least 200 accounts all with the same three shipping addresses from the same three warehouses in the USA. Odds are it is one master fedex account.

I did have all of my accounts suspended for flaws in dropshipping. 100% are still active today and basically all the competitors and friends selling the same items are still active no problems. Plus greenmountain themselves and I am sure some of the sellers I dont know are also greenmountain fulfilled.

My conclusion is a MOST LIKELY NO LINKING BY CARRIER ACCOUNTS but ya never quite know.

Just have multiple accounts if you are worried about it a I LOVE your out of the box thinking.
That's different, when there's 50 sellers who all have different stores linked to 1 fedex account, it's clear they're all dropshipping from somewhere.

When it's your own personal UPS account, and 1 account was using it up until last week when that account got suspended, and now next week a brand new account starts using that UPS account to ship the same crap, it's pretty obvious what's going on.

All you need to do is close your UPS account and reopen it under a different name and you get a new account #. There's no reason NOT to do it. Even if you're getting a significant discount, you can just tell your rep you want to change company names or something and I'm sure they'll do it for you and retain your existing agreement with a new account #.
Old 08-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Well, see if you get linked I guess. We have tens of thousands of members for nearly a decade with no reports but maybe you will be a first although, I doubt it. You would be in in hundreds of thousands.