Help! Amazon Brand Approval - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-03-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Help! Amazon Brand Approval

Hello ,
I just got a new stealth account after being banned a few months ago. I was doing 25-50K a week in electronics. Now when going to sell almost any brand name electronic it asks :

3 different purchase invoices for Samsung products from a manufacturer or distributor
1 letter from Samsung authorizing you to sell their products

The invoices are not an issue but how the heck do you get a letter from Samsung , Sony , Apple etc ???

Any and all help is much appreciated

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-13-2016

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Help! Amazon Brand Approval

I'm seeing the same thing on my newest stealth account as well. Almost every big brand is restricted with the same requirements. I'm thinking of trying to write my own letter of authorization to see if it would pass. Let me know what you figure out, but I don't see any other way right now. If Amazon is stupid enough to ask for Letter of authorization from Samsung (like they would ever give anyone selling on Amazon one), maybe we should just give them a letter of Authorization from Samsung.
Old 09-14-2016

Longevity: 45%

I agree with alekov, but always keep in mind high reward equals high risk. So if it does not pass, Amazon will most likely suspend your account. Just talking out of my experience, in situations like this, you have to feed them cake.
Old 09-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Haha,

You better have a copy of a real letter of approval that you can edit. Otherwise you are doomed.
Old 09-16-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthephonemanpgh View Post
Hello ,
I just got a new stealth account after being banned a few months ago. I was doing 25-50K a week in electronics. Now when going to sell almost any brand name electronic it asks :

3 different purchase invoices for Samsung products from a manufacturer or distributor

The invoices are not an issue but how the heck do you get a letter from Samsung , Sony , Apple etc ???

Thanks!

You would need to ask them basically. Faking a letter is asking for trouble in case you were thinking about it. Dont forget the fact that even if you get through this part you will need to pay a hefty fee.
Old 10-04-2016

Longevity: 43%

but where get this copy of real letter brand for edit? can somebody send example, please?
Old 10-08-2016

Longevity: 53%

Anyone got a template?

Old 10-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Has anyone successfully given Amazon delicious, delicious cake for any of this?
Old 10-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardone123 View Post
but where get this copy of real letter brand for edit? can somebody send example, please?
Unlikely to be available for free - costs $
Old 10-14-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazubi View Post
Anyone got a template?

there isnt a template - its specific to each different company..
Old 10-16-2016

Longevity: 57%

About two months ago Amazon started to demand from all sellers to apply for a Brand approval. Doesn't matter what you are selling, if the product is a well known brand, the seller has to present either an authorization letter from the brand owner or from three invoices from authorized distributors. We used to sell Polo Ralph Lauren products, in big volumes, purchasing them at Polo Outlet Store on sales and clearances and even at ralhlauen.com, when they had deep discounted sales.
Now Amazon does not accept those sources - no online invoices, no receipts from the brick and stone stores.
Same is with electronics, shoes, etc. The brand owner will never give such authorization to anyone for sales on smacin or eBay. Amazon is basically eliminating the "small"'guy. Brand owners can sell now only on their own sites or from their stores, including places like Macy's, Best Buy... you see the problem.
Does anyone have the same issue and what's the solution here?
Old 10-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

As you said, EVERYONE has the same issue.
Old 10-21-2016

I've managed to get past this in couple of my accounts over the last month or two. Not sure how exactly it works, but basically two of my brand new accounts had this restriction appear. Very disheartening, however, I just kept looking through the aforementioned brands in order to find ANYTHING that I can list that did not have the "request approval" button next to it. After you go through pages and pages of restricted products, you will find few items that are NOT blocked but are still branded. I listed those, and made few sales. Nothing big, just few sales. After about a month or so, I noticed the restriction of the brand was gone. Not quite sure the exact reasoning for it, or what did it, but I believe that if you show somehow that you have sold few items of that brand without any issues they will eventually lift the restriction for you. That's just what I think happens, but I'm not 100% sure. It might also be a question of time - if the account is up and running in good standing for more than 3 months, or 6 months, maybe that does it as well? Not sure, all I know is that I have 2 accounts that no longer have the restrictions on the couple of brands that I normally sell. Hope this helps... don't lose hope, keep trying and be patient.
Old 01-20-2017

Longevity: 50%

Hello there, can any of your accounts sell Apple ?
Old 01-20-2017

Longevity: 60%

amazon it si
Old 01-21-2017

Longevity: 42%

brand aproval worked with f4ke invoices and f4ke letter of authorization a few times
btw plz fix cant spell f4ke its not rude words i believe?
Old 01-22-2017

Longevity: 42%

You can also try a work around making your own listing. Your own listings are extremely buried until you get reviews but its an option
Old 01-31-2017

Longevity: 41%

You need to get invoices from distributors and use them for getting authorisation. Letter of Authorization is surely a big big risk if you do not have an original template which you can edit. Check for distributors who are registered with companies like Apple or Samsung and try to get some small items from them. Get your brand approved and you are good to go. Mind it, you might have to pay initially a high price for items but in longer run, you are approved for that brand.

For Apple example, you can order on the website and submit that invoice and then later return the items back to Apple for a full refund.

Old 03-06-2017

Hm, I thought online purchases from the manufacturer's website were NOT accepted as invoices by Amazon? Or are they still accepted? So frustrating... Two of my accounts just went down, got a new stealth account going and it's severely limited - basically I can't sell anything on it - no name brands, hardly any categories too. I'm struggling to find any products that I'm allowed to list on it. I hope this one eventually gets the restrictions lifted like the previous two did about 6 months to 1 year ago.

Also I'm seeing talk about a new $1,500 fee PER brand that you eventually get approved to sell? Anyone experience that yet? This would make it almost impossible to sell on several stealth accounts - by the time you pay few $1,500 brand fees on each stealth account, it will take you years to recover that IF your account doesn't get suspended before that. My accounts only seem to last about 1 year, so probably not worth it if I had to pay $10k in fees alone to sell the brands...
Old 03-06-2017

Longevity: 64%

This seems to be happening for most brands as they are completely against retail arbitrage. This will force sellers to go over to either a new platform or ebay (yuck). Thousands of sellers were impacted by this.
Old 03-11-2017

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthephonemanpgh View Post
Hello ,

Thanks!

I had three accounts and we were selling primarily Polo Ralf Lauren products. Our entire business was destroyed in few months, after Amazon shut down all three accounts, demanding for a letter from the brand owner. We buy our products in bulk from local PRL factory outlets, literally hunting for clearances and good deals. Sales were Great. I was wrapping and shipping shirts with my wife 708 hours even day!
Now we are left with sales on eBay, a pathetic and slow place comparing to Amazon.
Amazon requires there invoices from APPROVED distributors. We sent them 30 invoices from the factory outlet. They said it is not what they want. One PRL employee said "we don't have distributors, NONE. We just sell directly to department stores, such as Macy's, Nordstrom. The biggest buyer is TJ Maxx.
Still some sell on Amazon. HOW? Please help.
I will appreciate if someone could give me an advice. We would pay for a true invoices, not from brick and stone stores and online markets (Amazon doesn't accept them).
Thank you
Old 03-12-2017

Longevity: 41%

This is our major problem. We were selling appl*e brand and suddenly got restricted. Now no hope at all!