are DOCS required for Amazon Europe? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-14-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default are DOCS required for Amazon Europe?

I read that docs (passport, corporate docs, etc) are required my Amazon Europe once you hit $1500 in sales.

Is this true?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2016

Longevity: 45%
Default Re: are DOCS required for Amazon Europe?

Hi there,

I can give you a basic run-down what the general process is in Europe. Please keep in my mind, that these rules apply to European based sellers who freshly register on an European AZ marketplace. For US based sellers who register on an European marketplace these rules might differ. Unless you have a specific reason you could always use your already registered US based account and sell on the European marketplaces through FBA.

If you register a fresh account, they will first ask you to provide some general information, like registering as an individual or as a business. You would also need to provide your home address, your business address and the type of business, business registration number, date when the business was registered and so on.

After providing these info you normally get approved for selling up until 15000€. Before that they will not ask for additional verification. That is only in theory, as in most cases when they are seeing you are doing well and selling a lot, they will ask you to open an Amazon Payout account. This is kind of an account within the account. What ist is in reality, it is Amazon fulfilling its obligation to verify your identity by requesting a set of documents from you. These differ in terms of the type of business you are trying to register but generally include some form of photo id, utility bills for your home and business address as well as a copy of your business registration certificate. They will also ask for proof of your bank account in form of some bank letter. Needless to mention that your id has to be valid and other docs cannot be older than 90 days.

After providing these documents, your account will go in verification mode. Some sellers are allowed to continue selling during this time, others are not.

After you have been successfully verified by Amazon your selling restrictions are lifted and you are good to go.

Hope that helps, if any questions occur dont hesitate to come back here.

Last edited by azuser18; 09-15-2016 at 12:41 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azuser18 For This Useful Post:
e2free (09-15-2016), Play (09-16-2016)
Old 09-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuser18 View Post
Hi there,

I can give you a basic run-down what the general process is in Europe. Please keep in my mind, that these rules apply to European based sellers who freshly register on an European AZ marketplace. For US based sellers who register on an European marketplace these rules might differ. Unless you have a specific reason you could always use your already registered US based account and sell on the European marketplaces through FBA.

If you register a fresh account, they will first ask you to provide some general information, like registering as an individual or as a business. You would also need to provide your home address, your business address and the type of business, business registration number, date when the business was registered and so on.

After providing these info you normally get approved for selling up until 15000€. Before that they will not ask for additional verification. That is only in theory, as in most cases when they are seeing you are doing well and selling a lot, they will ask you to open an Amazon Payout account. This is kind of an account within the account. What ist is in reality, it is Amazon fulfilling its obligation to verify your identity by requesting a set of documents from you. These differ in terms of the type of business you are trying to register but generally include some form of photo id, utility bills for your home and business address as well as a copy of your business registration certificate. They will also ask for proof of your bank account in form of some bank letter. Needless to mention that your id has to be valid and other docs cannot be older than 90 days.

After providing these documents, your account will go in verification mode. Some sellers are allowed to continue selling during this time, others are not.

After you have been successfully verified by Amazon your selling restrictions are lifted and you are good to go.

Hope that helps, if any questions occur dont hesitate to come back here.
Well explained
Just to add need credit card to verify address
Old 09-15-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Well explained
Just to add need credit card to verify address
debit card will do fine

credit card is optional
Old 09-16-2016

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james921 View Post
debit card will do fine

credit card is optional
agreed.

my hsbc debit card works fine for stealth.
Old 09-16-2016

Longevity: 44%

I used a VCC for fresh amazon seller account , everything was ok but they seem to want to have a passport number or EU ID number. Is this because I used the VCC ?
Old 09-16-2016

Hi e2free I cant reply via PM not enough posts.
I used an entropay VCC on amazon uk and I cant seem to actually sell anything, each time I click on the sell button it goes back to the personal information part.
Old 09-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chango View Post
I used an entropay VCC on amazon uk and I cant seem to actually sell anything, each time I click on the sell button it goes back to the personal information part.
In settings what your account status shows? Active ?
Old 09-16-2016

Damn I set it up as professional instead of private which is what I wanted :( I'll have to do the chat box thing and get it changed !
Old 09-17-2016

In my experience you do not necessarily need a credit card, since AZ just wants to have a valid option on file to get outstanding fees from you. Let's say you register as a pro seller and do not sell during the first months and as a result of that own AZ fees they need a bank account they can automatically charge. This is only a viable option for European based sellers because international bank accounts do not work in that way. The only other option left is a credit card.

AZ does not need to verify your address through your credit card. They do this by requesting documents when the time comes.
Old 09-17-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by chango View Post
If your credit card info is not valid or your credit card has no limit left or you tried to use a non working prepaid CC, Amazon basically locks you out of your account. You might have active listings, you might even go on selling, but every time you log into your account it will automatically redirect you on the page to enter new cc information. If you are unable to provide these, you are basically locked out.
Old 02-11-2017

Longevity: 65%

Hi just a quick question:

For the Business Registration Certificate submitted, will Amazon be able to verify that doc with government agency?

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2017

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaichaoyi View Post
Hi just a quick question:

For the Business Registration Certificate submitted, will Amazon be able to verify that doc with government agency?

Thanks!
If it's public information it can be searched on their end
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
chaichaoyi (02-15-2017)