Aus Post Load and Go cards. - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal > AU PayPal Talk

Old 03-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Aus Post Load and Go cards.

And you wondered why you got blocked

Keep your fingers crossed they keep that restriction lifted. Your pattern of using that card is not quite what they like.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-12-2014

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
And you wondered why you got blocked

Keep your fingers crossed they keep that restriction lifted. Your pattern of using that card is not quite what they like.
Definitely aware of how easily these cards get restricted but i am willing to sacrifice one of the cards to see just how much you can do with them.

I thought of calling and asking first but i didn't really feel like drawing attention to the card without even attempting first.

With only $250 weekly withdrawal allowed its definitely a risk worth taking. It was the attempt to transfer money via Western Union that caused the limitation which is a bit of a let down as i was considering using 2-3 of my L&G cards strictly for supplier payments.
Old 03-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

True about the risk - experimentation is good and can lead to some improvement in understanding the methods

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-12-2014 at 04:37 AM.
Old 03-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Waste of a resource given the limited Australian ones.

If it was another country maybe.
Old 03-13-2014

Anyone tried buying these load and go cards on the auspost website? You would have to give a few details of course but you can buy them with another stealth L&G card online so the only detail you would have to give is an address. Mobile number, Credit card used to purchase card and name could all still be stealth.

Even with the address, the only reason they want that is so they have somewhere to post the card to and the address can be changed to your stealth info as you register the card online.

Last edited by ed6587; 03-13-2014 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-14-2014

Thumbs up Re: Aus Post Load and Go cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed6587 View Post
Anyone tried buying these load and go cards on the auspost website?
Yes, I have.

Yes, provided that you aren't doing anything illegal then this method is completely safe. Once again, eBay does cannot match any of the details that you provide Heritage Bank for the card activation, because eBay does not have access to these records.

Personally I find it more convenient to obtain the cards from an Australia Post outlet. That way there is no delay - I have them right away. Also, less paper trail and no legitimate address required.
Old 03-14-2014

Pretty sure the whole concept of legality has somewhat been compromised the moment you start selling goods under stealth names and addresses regardless of how legit your products are.
Old 03-15-2014

Quote:
Pretty sure the whole concept of legality has somewhat been compromised the moment you start selling goods under stealth names and addresses regardless of how legit your products are.
Firstly, what an odd thing to say on an eBay Stealth forum.

Secondly, you are not necessarily correct. Going by an assumed name is not in itself illegal. It is however against eBay and PayPal terms of service.

Luckily for many people on this forum that laws are enacted through democratic process and not by eBay and PayPal executives!
Old 03-27-2014

Default Re: Aus Post Load and Go cards $250 withdrawal limits

I'm not sure if this has already been covered, but I thought I would mention that the recently imposed weekly limits on these cards is inclusive of any ATM fees. This effectively reduces the limit $240 (unless you are lucky enough to be using an ATM that doesn't attract a fee).

Note that if you attempt to withdraw the full weekly limit of $250, and you are harged a $1 fee from the ATM, the transaction will decline because you have attempted to deduct $251 dollars from your Load & Go account (which is $1 over the weekly limit).
Old 03-28-2014

Longevity: 73%

Suncorp ones don't charge any fee.

Has anybody had any trouble withdrawing lately? Checked the balance and the last time i withdrew was over 10 days ago yet the ATM wouldn't let me get anything out.
Old 03-28-2014

Longevity: 64%

toolman, are you sure the card isn't restricted?

I've never been charged for ATM fees and i've used St george, commback and westpac ATMs.
Old 03-28-2014

Longevity: 73%

Yeah I checked, doesn't say anything on the site. I have 3 cards. First one worked fine 3 days ago, 2nd tried to withdraw same day (well beyond 7 days and says so on the transactions sheet so not just slow in updating), didn't work. Tried 2nd card next day, worked, did 3rd card as well, didn't work. Did 3rd card again today, didn't work again.

Absolutely no idea why.
Old 03-28-2014

Longevity: 69%
Default Re: Aus Post Load and Go cards $250 withdrawal limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayanarchy View Post
I'm not sure if this has already been covered, but I thought I would mention that the recently imposed weekly limits on these cards is inclusive of any ATM fees. This effectively reduces the limit $240 (unless you are lucky enough to be using an ATM that doesn't attract a fee).

Note that if you attempt to withdraw the full weekly limit of $250, and you are harged a $1 fee from the ATM, the transaction will decline because you have attempted to deduct $251 dollars from your Load & Go account (which is $1 over the weekly limit).
That's why go to a ATM that has no fees on LG card.
Old 03-28-2014

Quote:
Definitely aware of how easily these cards get restricted but i am willing to sacrifice one of the cards to see just how much you can do with them.

I thought of calling and asking first but i didn't really feel like drawing attention to the card without even attempting first.

With only $250 weekly withdrawal allowed its definitely a risk worth taking. It was the attempt to transfer money via Western Union that caused the limitation which is a bit of a let down as i was considering using 2-3 of my L&G cards strictly for supplier payments.
How do u use these cards for western union? I thought u have to go Credit when using the card? And western union can only accept cash & eftpos?
Old 04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_d View Post
How do u use these cards for western union? I thought u have to go Credit when using the card? And western union can only accept cash & eftpos?
You can use credit cards on western union but you just have to get into contact with your bank and they put you through to mastercard or visa so you can speak to a customer service rep and let them know you will be using the card on Western union.

Chances are you could probably do the same with a load and go cards if you go through the same process but just the simple task of reaching someone on the phone when these cards get blocked is hard enough.

Last edited by ed6587; 04-09-2014 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

WU sometimes has difficulty getting funds from the credit card - especially the prepaid kind
Old 04-16-2014

Can I know if this card can be used for other country's accounts like US, UK etc.?
The reason being sellers are only selling US, UK eBay and Paypal accounts.
I don't reside in any of these countries.
I've got someone to help me buy a Load and Go card.
Old 05-01-2014

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotDot View Post
How do i retrieve ATM pin Without stealth phone credit?

I read that you only can get your ATM pin by using the registered phone number to sms or call and phone number ID has to show. I read this is the reason why you are required to provide a phone number at point of sale.

In the past. I have actually spent money putting credit in whatever number I registered to just so i can get the ATM pin. I am kind of sick of wasting $10 just to send 1 sms as i generally do not use the number again. Number only used for paypal/ebay and L&G

Is there any other way to get ATM pin without needing to put credit in my stealth phone? Can i sms using any phone?
You can call the Load n Go service number and enter the card number and access code, then they say the PIN over the phone. All automated, no actual person on the other end. Just follow the phone prompts
Old 05-16-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Can you use the Load and go's to transfer to a bank account? Like a payment transfer? Or do you have to withdraw the cash then just deposit it into your normal account?

Can someone verify these points please as ive never used one before:

I can use it for CC and Bank account for paypal
I can use it as a debit card online/over the phone - limit I guess would be the $999 (anyone used it for big purchases ie $700 in one hit as a debit card? )
I can withdraw $250 a week
People can pay straight into the bank account numbers

With the $2 sims, I just need to find a shop that doesn't ask for ID, these are useable in any phone (depending on provider etc)
Old 05-22-2014

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingJean View Post
Can you use the Load and go's to transfer to a bank account? Like a payment transfer? Or do you have to withdraw the cash then just deposit it into your normal account?

Can someone verify these points please as ive never used one before:

I can use it for CC and Bank account for paypal
I can use it as a debit card online/over the phone - limit I guess would be the $999 (anyone used it for big purchases ie $700 in one hit as a debit card? )
I can withdraw $250 a week
People can pay straight into the bank account numbers

With the $2 sims, I just need to find a shop that doesn't ask for ID, these are useable in any phone (depending on provider etc)
All correct, except I don't think you can transfer funds from the L&G to another account. Will need to check next time I log in to Auspost. For anonymity best to withdraw and then deposit if one is that serious about no ties to real information, if you're not worried then go ahead if it is possible. All in all pretty handy except for the withdrawal limits, which are probably a necessary thing to keep these cards in existence..
The Following User Says Thank You to smison For This Useful Post:
JumpingJean (05-22-2014)
Old 05-26-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Ugh, how long does it take to show funds on the card? Had a deposit onto the card from paypal on the 21st may, but it hasn't shown?
Old 05-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleTea View Post
Can I know if this card can be used for other country's accounts like US, UK etc.?
The reason being sellers are only selling US, UK eBay and Paypal accounts.
I don't reside in any of these countries.
I've got someone to help me buy a Load and Go card.
Australia Post Load & Go cards will only work with Australian PayPal accounts as the format of the banking numbers differs in Australia from the rest of the world. I don't think that an American or a European PayPal account will allow a withdrawal into a BSB and Account Number.

The Visa cards can be used to make international purchases though, just like any Visa card.

I wouldn't recomend trying to use these cards for an account outside setup Australia.