eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Auction Listing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/)
-   -   Ebay search - item visibility - not showing up at all (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/17037-ebay-search-item-visibility-not-showing-up-all.html)

NZT 03-07-2010 03:31 AM

Ebay search - item visibility - not showing up at all

Hi guys,

I listed a couple a really unique items on ebay and there were only 2 others selling with the name.

Its a brand of antique ornament and not vero or anything.

Anyway I was anticipating a high price for 1 of these items. However when I performed a keyword search just by typing in the first word of the title I got no results.

I thought whoa, so I typed it again, no results. The only way I could get the item to show up in a search result was if I coiped and pasted the whole title in the search bar, including my **RARE** bit at the end.

Now I am extremely pi***** off with this. I assume this would affect my final sale price.

I know that sometimes items can dissapear from searches if they are recently listed within the last 24 hours or they are amended, but this item was going for 5 days with 2 days to go.

Yes there were some bids on it and a load of interest and questions but it simply wasnt showing up.

Any ideas? I can imagine I will be in the situation of having to sell an ornament with an auctioneers valuation of £200 for £30 again.

I assume there is some reason for this lack of visibility.

GreenBean 03-07-2010 05:12 AM

Best Match parameters not meet. It's a royal pain.To talk about it makes me want to swear:fight:

lyl797 03-07-2010 01:38 PM

This always happens, everytime eBay did any changes, they wipe out all accumulated best match searching credits on your listings, make them start over again. Especially when they redo the indexing on thier database. This happens over and over last year, and same thing this year.

eBay simply just can not keep up with themselves. They have to restructure their database to accomodate the new rules, wipe out all the old existing credits is the easiest way to do, and without letting you know, so you can't even complain, nor prove it. The only thing you can wonder is how come all your sales drop tremendously and how come your listing can not be found in the search result ? My eBay listing has over 50% now have no viewing history at all.

If I could rate eBay's DSR (business pratice), it will be 1 star all the way, which make eBay a limited seller by their own standard.

NZT 03-08-2010 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 127437)
Best Match parameters not meet. It's a royal pain.To talk about it makes me want to swear:fight:

Is there anything you can do to counteract this problem which seems to appear only for some items but not all?

Otherwise some auctions will see low finishing prices.