Auctiva - Why am I worried - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > EBay Tools and Software

EBay Tools and Software General discussions on eBay tools & software, Auctiva, Turbo Lister, InkFrog, ShipStation and more.

Old 07-09-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Auctiva - Why am I worried

I have never used Auctiva...I have been reading the forums like crazy about it...I am getting to the point where I think I need the help of an Auctiva program(dont really feel like paying for it), but I am heeding all the warnings of turbolist er. I used that before on my computer so I know that just wont work...

My main stealth e bay account is going so well...Its been active without issues for over 1 year...I am a powerseller and just starting to feel comfortable...

I am pretty sure it will work, but why am I still worried...I am using firefox and the only thing i really use it for is e ebay and pay pal...

Why am I thinking this way...

Steve
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-09-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to AuctionsDenied

Are you that you want to use Auctiva to help you to list your items quicker?

Why do you have apprehensions using Auctiva?
Old 07-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

If your a powerseller how would paying for the program not benefit you? I use it on all my accounts and it makes life so simple.
Old 07-16-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuctionsDenied View Post
Are you that you want to use Auctiva to help you to list your items quicker?

Why do you have apprehensions using Auctiva?

There are some members who have posted a while back that some of their accounts got linked by using auctiva.

Also, people have made the mistake of not checking ips before using the token etc.

It was believed a while back that Auctiva since being purchased has shared some data with ebay but I dont know if it has been proven.
Old 07-16-2013
Threadstarter  

thats why I was a little hesitant...just getting linked because this account is going so well...

But...I did take the plunge and do the free trial...I wish I could answer best offers and ebay messages through the system...not all the listing transfered over well...some of the pictures didnt transfer also...

but it helps me keep organized a little...I am just getting to mess around with the other functions...

So far so good...

STeve
Old 07-16-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to AuctionsDenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
There are some members who have posted a while back that some of their accounts got linked by using auctiva.

Also, people have made the mistake of not checking ips before using the token etc.

It was believed a while back that Auctiva since being purchased has shared some data with ebay but I dont know if it has been proven.
I completely agree with all that you have stated about apprehension. Was wondering what OP was worried about.

From his last post you hit it on the nose.
Old 08-01-2013

Anymore findings about this?? I need to list items in numbers & don't know which programme to use?? Any straight forward suggestions??
Old 08-02-2013

Longevity: 66%

I have an auctiva for each stealth accounts right now. I am worried about a technical glitch.

Does anyone have experience running multiple stealth accounts with one auctiva accounts?

Any gotchas?
Old 08-04-2013

Longevity: 75%
Cool

Auctiva lets you have 3 accounts for the price of one, basically this means you set all of them up as different names, confirm the tokens on each unique ip addresses, then when your free trials are up, you just upgrade one to the premium paid services and submit a support ticket saying you have three accounts and want to put them all under 1 paid plan. I've done this with a few batches of stealth accounts and it works great.

It has gotten a TAD more expensive in the past few months as the 9.95 plan USED to be unlimited (so basically thats $10/month for 3 accounts), but now the 9.95 plan is only UP TO 100 listings/month, the 14.95 plan is the unlimited one. But definitely make sure your using a plan because if not, its $.50 a pop everytime you list something from the account, scheduled or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to dustin2br For This Useful Post:
john456 (08-06-2013)
Old 08-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%

Wow, I had no idea you could use more than one account. I have used Auctiva for one of my stealth's for like 5 years now. The nice thing about it is you can list from anywhere without having to log into your account so you can list without having to worry about IP etc. Just don't click on any eBay links.

I do have to say because I get random items in. Sometimes ones I haven't seen in years. Auctiva does a great job of archiving listings and pictures. So I have got merchandise in past that I haven't seen since 08 or 09. I was able to pull up the old listings and just had to change a few things things like shipping time but overall the entire listing was basically still there.

It isn't for everyone but I consider it a nice listing tool. On my account I use Auctiva to list then when I get sales I go to a public WIFI to print my labels. About the same cost of most VPN's I have used. Has its benefits also is complications. But with Stealth's you just gotta find a way to make it work.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
hapajenn1 (11-01-2013)
Old 08-05-2013
Threadstarter  

I did end up signing up for the free trail...and I am going to continue with it...I havent had any issues...I really havent dived hard into the program with creating templates, etc...sometimes i like simple listings...not to fancy and easy to read...

my only big wish is.... if I could respond to best offers/messages, etc through Auctiva...If I wanted 1 thing...that would be it...

You could almost avoid e bay all together with that...because of the automatic feedback, etc...you wouldnt need to get on e bay at all

Steve
Old 08-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

That is what I do for one of my accounts. You are right unfortunately it doesn't include the messaging. But I list all my items using the service go once or twice a week to public WIFI to print labels etc. The problem really is the messaging. Otherwise it is a nice alternative to VPN or some of the other options for running stealth accounts.
Old 08-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

I just had to renew my token for Auctiva on my one account I use it for. I want to say it is like every two or three years they make me do it. If anything would link the account I do believe it is that token.

Trust me more than about anyone I would love to run multiple stealth's off one Auctiva. I just think you will get linked and I think the token is why.
Old 08-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I just think you will get linked and I think the token is why.
If this is the case, then all you have to do is make sure your IP is a new IP when renewing the token.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (08-11-2013)
Old 08-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbills10 View Post
I did end up signing up for the free trail...and I am going to continue with it...I havent had any issues...I really havent dived hard into the program with creating templates, etc...sometimes i like simple listings...not to fancy and easy to read...

my only big wish is.... if I could respond to best offers/messages, etc through Auctiva...If I wanted 1 thing...that would be it...

You could almost avoid e bay all together with that...because of the automatic feedback, etc...you wouldnt need to get on e bay at all

Steve
Still prefer responding to messages straight via eB message/inbox - just to be safe completely
Old 08-11-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
If this is the case, then all you have to do is make sure your IP is a new IP when renewing the token.
Largest mistake some have made in the past is not checking their ip or logging out of an ebay account and click on Auctiva listings to find they just signed into ebay with a bad IP.

Auctiva has to be used wisely.
Old 08-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Largest mistake some have made in the past is not checking their ip or logging out of an ebay account and click on Auctiva listings to find they just signed into ebay with a bad IP.

Auctiva has to be used wisely.
Totally agree.

To cover myself for any accidental mistakes I still use Auctiva as I would any other stealth account (only been using this service for a while, seems fairly decent though). Only takes 3 minutes to generate a new IP, so well worth it IMO just in-case.
Old 08-12-2013

All good points. I need to add more safeguard to my auctiva setup. Accidents happen.
Old 08-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

So has anyone on the board run multiple eBay accounts using a single Auctiva without any problems.

I know all the IP and everything else. Windows users, flash cookies, etc. I know all that.

I am curious if any serious stealth members have been able to run multiple eBay stealths through one Auctiva without any other links.

On a side note I guess I am dating myself but I remember when Auctiva was 100% free. eBay use to subsidize it. They got their eBay subsidy and I think the made money on stores and selling bulk insurance for packages.

I hate to reminisce about the good old times. But selling on eBay way back then seriously felt like you where just printing money with the lower fees, more site traffic. Lower shipping costs abroad, etc.

Last edited by vogeltron; 08-14-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Old 08-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

You can use Auctiva on other accts but not at the same time. Just switch accts by switching tokens over and over...back and forth...waste of time I believe.
Old 08-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
You can use Auctiva on other accts but not at the same time. Just switch accts by switching tokens over and over...back and forth...waste of time I believe.
Exactly who ever posted you can run multiple accounts on a one Auctiva is full of it. I still have one account I use their service through. I have never seen such and option. I do imagine if you keep changing tokens and messing with the setting you might be able to. But like you said that is way too much work.
Old 08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Exactly who ever posted you can run multiple accounts on a one Auctiva is full of it. I still have one account I use their service through. I have never seen such and option. I do imagine if you keep changing tokens and messing with the setting you might be able to. But like you said that is way too much work.
I read on this forum that it is not an advertised feature and you have to call auctiva to manage multiple accounts.