Anyone purchases a vpn from hidemyass using with eBay and paypal? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 01-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Anyone purchases a vpn from hidemyass using with eBay and paypal?

Seriously, though, VPN's and VPS's are not a good idea UNLESS the person using them REALLY knows how they function and how to use them. If not done correctly, using a VPN could be easily detected. Same thing with a VPS. If you happen to have that knowledge, then go for it.

Most of the successful users on this forum have developed our own unique ways of maintaining our stealth accounts. When we give advice, it is to adhere STRICTLY to the stealth rules to be successful and avoid being linked.

When users - especially newer users - start cutting corners and not following the rules they may have a couple of months before they are linked. When the linking does not happen within 24 hours, they think they are a genius, or have magical powers.

A couple of months later, we see posts like "HELP! AMAZON JUST TOOK DOWN ALL 10 OF MY ACCOUNTS!!!" When we start asking questions about how the account was being run, there is almost always a corner that was cut, a rule that was not followed. Some people think that the IP addresses do not matter, or that they can use an address that does not exist, or that having all of their email forwarded to ONE account to make it easier for them will be just fine. Others don't see how PayPal will know they are using the same credit card number on their new account since they deleted it from their old account. All of these are disasters waiting to happen.

My point is, don't get too cocky or too comfortable. ALWAYS be open to learning new things. Always avoid ANY possibility of linking, even if you have to spend an extra $15 per month to do it. Is it worth losing an account to be cheap? Or getting linked because you didn't want to bother with changing the IP address?

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-06-2014 at 04:59 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-04-2014

Longevity: 73%

Wait, you can't have all your email forwarded to one account? Why not? Cause that's what I've been doing lol
Old 01-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman89 View Post
Wait, you can't have all your email forwarded to one account? Why not? Cause that's what I've been doing lol
When an email is sent, only the text part is actually sent to your email address. Any images are retrieved from the server of the person or company who sent the email (let's call it eBay).

When that happens, the IP address of whatever device you are viewing the email on will be sent to the sender (eBay).

eBay (and other companies) very often use a little trick to match the device IP address with their records. It also lets them know if their email has been opened and some other things.

One of the image files in the email you received will have a unique name attached to it (like df457adsjhh436574lkd.jpg) that was ONLY sent to your email address. When that image is accessed, eBay will record the IP address of the device making the request.

If you are viewing email from 10 different eBay accounts on one device, and the images are NOT turned off, then eBay will see the same IP address is associated with all 10 accounts. That WILL link the accounts.

If the images are turned off by default and you do not access them, then there is no link unless, of course, you reply to the emails from the device.

Here is the thing that people too often miss about linking. They think that if their account is not immediately suspended, then there is no problem, that no link was created. But that is not usually the case.

Many users have accounts linked every day. It could be as simple as two people sharing the same internet connection in a household accessing their individual accounts. Or, it could be the 35 people who used the McDonald's WiFi connection that day. If eBay were to suspend accounts for this, they wouldn't have any customers left. So, the information is simply on file, but they don't routinely use it for very much.

However, let's say those 10 accounts are linked in the manner described above and one of your accounts is suspended for whatever reason. eBay will now start looking for any other accounts sharing the same information. Names, addresses, bank accounts, credit cards, IP addresses, etc. Then the accounts are reviewed. If they believe that those 10 accounts belong to the same person whose account has been suspended, then they ALL get suspended. It is not automatic - if the employee reviewing the accounts believes that the IP address is a public address, like a free Wi-Fi connection, then they may not link the accounts.

Also, an account is usually not linked based on the IP address alone. But if those 10 accounts are all in the same geographic area AND they have all been accessed by one IP address AND they all sell clothing AND (whatever other similarities exist) then eBay makes a decision as to whether or not they believe the same person is behind all of the accounts. That is when you experience great pain.

The best thing to do is to eliminate all possibilities of linking and to make the accounts look as normal as possible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
callvince (06-07-2014), MtMess (06-30-2016)
Old 01-04-2014

Longevity: 73%

Okay, yeah that's what I thought. Images are disabled and I never reply to any of the emails. Having them all forwarded to the one address does make it a hundred times easier for me and there's no way I'd slip up in that regard.
Old 01-06-2014

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldduck View Post
Save your $ and do it yourself FOR FREE!

Ready?

-Buy a Internet dongle USB (telstra/Optus etc) from ebay
-register and go about your business as you would normally on ebay/paypal
-each time you sign in from 1 to another you take USB out connect/reconnect to create new IP

I read up on this other stuff that is just people making $ off something you can do yourself.

Come on aussie come on! We meant to be the lucky little old island
Dongle question from silly old me : How is it free if you have to keep topping up dongle -am I missing something here??
Old 01-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by trains View Post
Dongle question from silly old me : How is it free if you have to keep topping up dongle -am I missing something here??
Not missing anything. Its not free because you do have to top it up, but it is relatively cheap compared to some alternatives.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
trains (01-14-2014)
Old 01-12-2014

Longevity: 67%

i know this is old but for goodness sakes NOOO dont buy from them. the program is slow. you will never connect, and also blacklisted,as someone said. and they will not refund me even thought they said they give refunds. and they take too long to reply.and they act like they dont understand when i say i want a refund