3 new stealth accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 12-01-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Smile 3 new stealth accounts

Hi all just hoping for some advice.

I recently created 3 new stealth accounts, 2 have 21 day holds on transactions and one doesn't. I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light as to why that is? I'm a little paranoid because the 2 with the 21 day holds are using a variation of my name, different first names but same surname (all other info is different only thing in common is the surname as in ips, phone numbers, devices, bank accounts etc). They were not created on the same day and are not selling the same things. The unrestricted one is in a completely different name.

Does this mean these accounts are being monitored? Does this happen a lot? I'm scared when I try to make the first withdrawal I'm going to get the dreaded limited email.

I previously had an account with my real details that was permanently closed. Long story short I had an account I'd been selling very low risk items on ebay since feb. I just had a baby a few months ago and been staying with my mother. I figured it would be more convenient at the moment if I changed my PayPal address to her address as I didn't always have the time to go back to my house for mail, returns etc. Anyway as soon as I did it I got asked for a government issued id with that address, which I don't have because I don't live there full time. And that was pretty much it. I tried to explain to them, offered them mums id, baby's birth certificate anything they wanted but they pretty much said we are through doing business with you :(

So anyway basically I want to try do everything right so this doesn't happen again but I'm already worried. I've bought the guide and read so much on here. Any advice would be greatly welcomed. Thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: 3 new stealth accounts

Welcome to the forums. Holds are completely normal and nothing to be paranoid about. So the only difference is name? All rest is the same? That's not good stealth
Old 12-01-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Sorry I didn't write that very clearly, all the info is different, so different ip, phone, address, email, items, pics etc. the only thing that is the same is the surname for 2 of the 3 accounts. I've tried really hard to do this right. Any advice is most welcome.

I just wonder why the other account didn't encounter the 21 day hold of funds? So you don't think I should be concerned as yet? Makes me feel a little better

Thanks for the welcome
Old 12-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Just ship with fast service - let the feedback come - customer service is key. Hold can go away after some time but it's not worrisome.

The same surname...is it a rare surname? Like pretty easy to link if manual review occurs?
Old 12-01-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your advice. I am shipping same day at the moment so hopefully buyers will leave feedback, so far they have been a little slow to do so.

My surname is a fairly well known English name. Not as common as smith but not rare either. That's why I figured it would be ok to register a few names with my real surname. I was kind of worried of repercussions if I was found to be using a completely false name, also I thought if they asked for id again it might make it easier, but really when I give it more thought I would just be in the same boat again as now the addresses are made up (well existing but with no connection to me) so I would not be able to produce id. I'm hoping that if I don't raise any suspicion they won't ask for it...
Old 12-01-2014

Longevity: 55%

With it being a fairly common surname you should be fine, provided everything else is different which by what you have described is. WELCOME TO STEALTH!

I currently have 7 stealth accounts and will probably need another 3 more. Like you, I was also kicked off Ebay. Regardless of my 14000 plus feedback and 99.6% positive and 8 years as a seller they got me with some cancelled transactions.

Fortunately we have found this fantastic forum that has a wealth of information on Stealth. So far I have had one account get restricted. This was due to trying to list my first item before my paypal account was verified. I have learned from that mistake.

I also would not worry about the 21 day hold provided you have the cash to keep you going whilst that money is being held. I would also suggest withdrawing money from Paypal when it reaches anywhere between 150 - 750.
Hope this helps..
Old 12-01-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks pjamboris. This forum has been a wealth of information. I wish I had known about it sooner perhaps my original account wouldn't have been banned, I feel so stupid. I never considered changing the address might get me banned!

My account didn't have as many feedback as yours but it had quite a few and 99% positive! It was only source of income while I'm on leave from work so I was devastated when I couldn't sell :( hoping I can grow these stealths and have the 10/1000 raised although for now it's not giving me any options to do so. Did your accounts have their limits raised? If so how long did it take you?

Thanks for the info everyone!!!
Old 12-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by allykatjie View Post
Thanks pjamboris. This forum has been a wealth of information. I wish I had known about it sooner perhaps my original account wouldn't have been banned, I feel so stupid. I never considered changing the address might get me banned!

My account didn't have as many feedback as yours but it had quite a few and 99% positive! It was only source of income while I'm on leave from work so I was devastated when I couldn't sell :( hoping I can grow these stealths and have the 10/1000 raised although for now it's not giving me any options to do so. Did your accounts have their limits raised? If so how long did it take you?

What happened to make the account only 99%?

Same name might make a link.

What are your current selling limits and the age of these accounts?

Did you make them before or after joining us?

Old 12-01-2014

Quote:

My pleasure, I was assisted via this forum and I am more than willing to assist others.
As for selling limits, I actually went against Stealth on this. I needed my limits raised asap as I have around 700 listings with multiple of each.
I have created 6 so far with approx. 100 listings on each account. To increase my limit I had ebay call me on the number I signed up with (prepaid sim) and told them my story which was along the lines of... Well I am new to all this, I have signed up to a store because it is cheaper listing fees and I would like to use the Goods Till Cancelled option but can't because of my selling limits. They then asked me a few questions along the lines of what the average price of my listings are? $5.00 - $10.00! Are my suppliers based locally or internationally? Locally! How long do you take to respond to messages? Within 24 hours! How quick do you post? Within 24 hours!
Tell the robots what they want to hear..
However as mentioned this is against stealth but I will ensure that I am not in the same position I was 3 months ago when I lost my account. I will/have a backup for most of these accounts so if one or several go down, I can get back on within 24 hours. Plus the risk is small as I have spread my listings across several accounts.
Let me know if you need more info?
Regards
Old 12-02-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks Jpamboris. It's frustrating having those limits but I think I'll wait it out and see what happens. I'm not sure how id go speaking to ebay :/ I'm also selling items that sell for between $10-$30 dollars, so I need to list quite a bit. Oh well fingers crossed.

Hi greenbean, I made the accounts after reading stealth. When I first got banned I tried making a new account just using the same info not knowing any better, which of course got banned immediately. So then I realised I would have to find a new approach and started reading stealth.

The current limits on the 3 accounts are 2 -10/1000 and 1 - 10/2500, and these accounts are maybe 2-3 weeks old. My original account was 99.8% due to a couple of negatives very early on. These were given when I was just selling some clothes I had personally bought but then couldn't wear. These were non branded bandage dresses and not original labels. I never pretended they were something they were not, had they contacted me I would have still offered a refund however they left a negative regarding quality instead. That was in about march. My ebay account is in good standing. I haven't had any issues with them but it really makes no difference when PayPal doesnt want to do business with you.

As for my surname, I don't know. I mean I've met quite a fair few people with the same last name who are not related in any way to me. So it's not very unique. However I was just wondering if maybe they are paying extra attention to anyone with that name now because I was banned.
Old 12-02-2014

All good, I only did because I needed to get back up and running asap. Otherwise I would have waited it out.
Keep posting back here with your progress..
Old 12-02-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I would love to speed things up! But I think as I'm new to this I might just hold off. Will definitely let you know how I go
Old 12-03-2014

Well, you could sell some items and buy some accounts that have been developed a bit. The 21 day thing is annoying, I know, it actually was part of the reason my original eBay got suspended, but you just gotta deal with it. Once the stealth accounts are up and running, I suggest you reinvest the money into more stealth accounts. I plan to have about 10 500/50000 limit accounts.

Calculations... Dropshipping statistics... and 10 of those accounts would get me up to 100,000 USD a year if I structure it right, so... more is better!
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I would love to speed things up! But I think as I'm new to this I might just hold off. Will definitely let you know how I go
Smart to build few backup accounts and spread sales
Old 12-05-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks pikachu10 I've been considering maybe buying an account also, been looking through the site here for information . 21 day holds are annoying but I'm also worried that they will limit me when I try withdraw... I'll feel a lot better after I've made a withdrawal !

Thanks to you too rsot, I think I might make a few more backup accounts as you suggested. I've tried to also keep my original account going without PayPal but feel like I am banging my head against a wall. Most people don't want to pay with anything other than PayPal , guess that's just the reality of the situation :/
Old 12-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Buying accounts from reputable sellers here is a good move if you want more options. Just operate them a la stealth
Old 12-05-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks again rsot, I've been looking into it. I think it might be the best option for me. Being a rookie I'm scared I'm going to slip up with one of the accounts I've made myself.