Can't register phone w/⊗⊗⊗⊗ details no more? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 01-29-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Can't register phone w/⊗⊗⊗⊗ details no more?

Hi everyone.

I am trying to register a pre-paid sim online. It's asking me for ID number. i usually enter random numbers in the ID field and it would register however this time.

it keeps giving me an error. Says Your I.D. could not be verified. Please choose another form of I.D. and try again.

The last time i registered for a phone number online was In October 2014. 3 months ago and it worked.

Like many of you experienced in stealth. I also have a datebase file on what Names/emails/details i used.

So i pulled the details and ID number i used in October. I entered in the same details I used in October and this time it wouldn't work.

Can anyone advise a fix?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: Can't register phone w/⊗⊗⊗⊗ details no more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotDot View Post
Hi everyone.

I am trying to register a pre-paid sim online. It's asking me for ID number. i usually enter random numbers in the ID field and it would register however this time.

it keeps giving me an error. Says Your I.D. could not be verified. Please choose another form of I.D. and try again.

The last time i registered for a phone number online was In October 2014. 3 months ago and it worked.

Like many of you experienced in stealth. I also have a datebase file on what Names/emails/details i used.

So i pulled the details and ID number i used in October. I entered in the same details I used in October and this time it wouldn't work.

Can anyone advise a fix?

Who's your sim provider? I operate using optus $2 chuckas and never get prompt for ID numbers.

I do know telstra dongle kits need ID numbers etc.
Old 01-29-2015
Threadstarter  

it was voda, i was being cheap. I saw a shop that sold for $1 and i grabbed 20. thought i saved myself $20! :( lol. guess being cheap bite me on my ass. lol

I found a fix but it's not convenient. I had to call voda and speak to a customer service and they accepted my Random ID number over the phone. lol

When i questioned them on why their online service wouldn't accept it. the operator just kept saying. don't worry. i am doing it for u.

it's all good but i now have to call their customer service line each time
Old 01-29-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotDot View Post
it was voda, i was being cheap. I saw a shop that sold for $1 and i grabbed 20. thought i saved myself $20! :( lol. guess being cheap bite me on my ass. lol

I found a fix but it's not convenient. I had to call voda and speak to a customer service and they accepted my Random ID number over the phone. lol

When i questioned them on why their online service wouldn't accept it. the operator just kept saying. don't worry. i am doing it for u.

it's all good but i now have to call their customer service line each time
Maybe your cheap sims were too cheap DotDot! You saved yourself maybe $20 aussie dollars, but you have to ring in each and every time and speak to their customer service reps!
Old 01-29-2015

Longevity: 57%

I'm using 2$ telstra prepaid sim cards, i never registered, just receiving the sms verification when listing the first item and storing the sim in case someday i'll need to call them. Why do you bother registering? am i missing something?
Old 01-29-2015
Threadstarter  

yep.

I only found out a few weeks ago that you don't have to activate telstra number to get a working number. i never knew that before.

Voda doesn't come with the phone number. you only get the phone number after you registered.
Old 05-09-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 51%

I just bought 2 of the $2 telstra cards in Big W and they asked for my license. Can I still use them, or should I try somewhere else... cheers guys..
Old 05-09-2015

Longevity: 53%

I usually just got to servo's and buy $2 Telstra sims....if they ask for ID I just say I don't have my license on me and try again somewhere else. You'll find someone who wont ask for id...
The Following User Says Thank You to aussie_pug For This Useful Post:
shaggydoo (05-09-2015)
Old 05-09-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

$2optus

easy
aussie_pug (05-11-2015), shaggydoo (05-09-2015)
Old 05-11-2015

Longevity: 54%

$2 amaysim
Old 05-21-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemantina View Post
I'm using 2$ telstra prepaid sim cards, i never registered, just receiving the sms verification when listing the first item and storing the sim in case someday i'll need to call them. Why do you bother registering? am i missing something?
In regards to why do you need to activate them.....If you don't activate them, you can't make contact to buyers via calls or sms for local pickup, etc.
Which leads me to the question, is it better to just use the phone for receiving the sms verification and forget about local pick/ making contact with buyers all together....
Old 05-21-2015

Longevity: 57%

All depends on the way you operate. If you need the local pickup option and it worth the money then do it. Remember to add a working phone number only after the account got some selling history, just to make sure you will not waste your money on the phone.
Old 05-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Silly advice.

Pay money to have an active phone to reduce issues.
Old 05-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_pug View Post
.If you don't activate them, you can't make contact to buyers via calls or sms for local pickup, etc. .
Get one of those unlimited calls and txt plans for $40 per month and use that to call and do business with customers.

These throwaway numbers are not to communicate with buyers with. they are to verify ebay/paypal. That's it.

Customers do not call it unless they do the request info form which is extremely rare. Most ebay users will message you their phone number and ask you to sms them to arrange pickup. so you don't need 10 numbers for that. Just sms them from your main phone number
The Following User Says Thank You to DotDot For This Useful Post:
aussie_pug (06-10-2015)
Old 06-10-2015

Works a treat....thanks dotdot.
Old 06-10-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 61%

I am missing the point in here... why registering the SIM in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID?

In my country there is no way to get a SIM card without providing an ID. This never ever infuenced my stealth accounts.

How can eB or PP get hold of the data associated to the SIM card? You just need a brand new number to get text messages and calls.