Say No to PayPal, Welcome Authorize.net - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 09-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Say No to PayPal, Welcome Authorize.net

My question is if I link my authorize.net merchant account with ebay and eliminate PayPal payment, does Authorize.net process payments other than credit cards? Will I still be able to accept payments from people with paypal accounts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-02-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Say No to PayPal, Welcome Authorize.net

I do not think authorize.net is approved on ebay as an accepted payment method. At least until the divorce between ebay/paypal.
Old 11-21-2014

Longevity: 66%

You can use a merchant account with eBay. Authorize.net is one of the three approved gateways. So if you have a merchant account and authorize.net gateway attached to it, just put your authorize.net API login and transaction key into eBay. You will need to use a credit card to run a test transaction. A vanilla visa card can be used for that. You will be able to process credit and debit cards only, no PayPal payments.

Keep this in mind, from my experience you will have to call in to get the new merchant account working. Once I add a merchant account, I always have to call in. They don't ask any database questions, nor do they ask for paperwork. They put you on hold, I guess to look at your account, and then they come back and say that your merchant account is set and ready to go. I always have to do this. I'm not sure if that is the standard or if it's just me.
Old 02-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

I know I am responding a post several months old but has anyone had success with Authorize.net? Just curious because I saw a seller on eBay yesterday without PayPal just using Authorize.net. My guess is that their PayPal had been limited in the past.
Old 02-22-2015

Longevity: 65%

So you have to get a new Authorize.net FOR each Ebay Account?

You can't just link 1 Authorize.net account to several Ebay Accounts?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amannamedray View Post
You can use a merchant account with eBay. Authorize.net is one of the three approved gateways. So if you have a merchant account and authorize.net gateway attached to it, just put your authorize.net API login and transaction key into eBay. You will need to use a credit card to run a test transaction. A vanilla visa card can be used for that. You will be able to process credit and debit cards only, no PayPal payments.

Keep this in mind, from my experience you will have to call in to get the new merchant account working. Once I add a merchant account, I always have to call in. They don't ask any database questions, nor do they ask for paperwork. They put you on hold, I guess to look at your account, and then they come back and say that your merchant account is set and ready to go. I always have to do this. I'm not sure if that is the standard or if it's just me.
Old 02-26-2015

You will have to use a different authorize.net account with each ebay account. Each authorize.net account has a unique api login and key. When you link your authorize.net account to your eBay account you will have to put your api login and key into ebay. Therefore, if you use the same authorize.net account with more than one ebay account, you will have to put the same api login and key into each ebay account. eBay will know that it's the same person and the accounts will be linked.
Old 02-26-2015

vogeltron:

All I use is authorize.net. I walked away from crook-pal over a year ago. I can't speak for others and their experiences, but I've had no problems using authorize.net and no paypal. I just mention right in the beginning of my description that paypal is not accepted. I say that I accept secure payments via credit card and debit card (be sure to use the word "secure"). I still sell and I still get the price I want. Sure, some people are so brainwashed that they won't bid since they can't pay with paypal, but that hasn't caused any drop off in business for me.

Also, you may want to remind your buyers that when they pay with credit or debit card they are still protected by eBay buyer protection, which is pretty much the same thing as paypal's buyer protection. When I do this a lot of the buyers who are skeptical feel much better and they end up bidding.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amannamedray For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (04-24-2015), wendychen2000us (01-19-2016)
Old 02-26-2015

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
vogeltron:

All I use is authorize.net. I walked away from crook-pal over a year ago. I can't speak for others and their experiences, but I've had no problems using authorize.net and no paypal. I just mention right in the beginning of my description that paypal is not accepted. I say that I accept secure payments via credit card and debit card (be sure to use the word "secure"). I still sell and I still get the price I want. Sure, some people are so brainwashed that they won't bid since they can't pay with paypal, but that hasn't caused any drop off in business for me.

Also, you may want to remind your buyers that when they pay with credit or debit card they are still protected by eBay buyer protection, which is pretty much the same thing as paypal's buyer protection. When I do this a lot of the buyers who are skeptical feel much better and they end up bidding.
I saw eBay has two other providers you can choose from now besides paypal but I don't believe this is one of them to you have to embed this one youself. I've heard of them before and see people use them but not recently.

Does the merchant make it clear to the customer that you don't have access to their CC# etc just like Paypal?
Old 03-05-2015

Longevity: 53%

Authorize.Net is good for sellers. I also use to have them a couple of years ago.
Old 03-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Is it stealth friendly at all or is it kinda like a one time deal giving up your tax id? You can PM me if you don't want to share with board. Thanks already for all the information. For US Sellers this is always a big deal in how to approach handling an account.
Old 08-27-2015

Longevity: 62%

I thought authorize.net accepts paypal? Just not on ebay?
Old 08-29-2015

Longevity: 50%

What's so good about authorize?
Old 12-03-2015

Longevity: 57%

Thats easy question to answer. With authorize.net you are in charge of you own money...money arrive in you checking account 1-3 days. No bull****ting or limitation of your money, or sudden surprises.. or disputes....basically 1000 times better than paypal.
You can run your business and steady grow fast ,without ever thinking about getting ,.ucked by paypal again. No brainer i would say...
The Following User Says Thank You to smartporium For This Useful Post:
Chris18181 (01-22-2017)
Old 12-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnsj408 View Post
My question is if I link my authorize.net merchant account with ebay and eliminate PayPal payment, does Authorize.net process payments other than credit cards? Will I still be able to accept payments from people with paypal accounts?
authorize net is the processor, you need a merchant account

But yes authorize .net does accept paypal now. New feature

Need to find a merchant account
Old 12-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Under eBay's current policy, you may use ONLY PayPal or a merchant account for payment. They used to allow services like Moneybookers and ProPay, but that vanished a few months ago. eBay's separation agreement with PayPal stipulates that PayPal MUST process a certain percentage of eBay's transactions, or eBay has to pay PayPal the difference.
Old 03-03-2016

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
vogeltron:

i have a merchant set up my question is do i just unlink my pp account and then start letting everyone use merchant check out... thx need advce before i remove pp account from ebay.
Old 03-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Would it not be better to have BOTH? Some people don't like to pay with paypal and some don't like merchant accounts. Would your sales not increase having both as an option?

Can you use authorize net also on your own website in addition to ebay?
Old 03-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
Would it not be better to have BOTH? Some people don't like to pay with paypal and some don't like merchant accounts. Would your sales not increase having both as an option?

Can you use authorize net also on your own website in addition to ebay?
Well, of course. You can use whatever your comfortable with. Who can forbid you anything on your own website?
Old 03-03-2016

Longevity: 56%

I would need something like authorize.net on my own website, too. But I noticed that they accept only US merchants. Is there something similar to authorize.net which will accept EU merchcants, too? (PS(most of my customers are in US)
Old 03-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I would need something like authorize.net on my own website, too. But I noticed that they accept only US merchants. Is there something similar to authorize.net which will accept EU merchcants, too? (PS(most of my customers are in US)
You might want to try:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IGNAS For This Useful Post:
rsot (03-03-2016), Rufus (03-03-2016), Sir G (02-04-2017)
Old 03-03-2016

Longevity: 82%

Monthly fee?

PayPal is cheaper, I bet
Old 03-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

CCNow also works but higher fee (5%) than PP last I checked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Rufus (03-03-2016), Sir G (02-04-2017)