CA pp/ebay from US - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Canada eBay Discussions

Canada eBay Discussions General discussions about eBay.ca Suspensions. This forum is mostly geared towards Canada eBay sellers.

Old 07-08-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default CA pp/ebay from US

Hello!
I plan to do Canadian stealth accounts to avoid 200/20k. I'm in US. I'm planning to buy services like vba's etc and use vps for them. I have a few questions.

1) A year ago there was a big problem adding us bank accounts to ca pp. What the situation right now ? Is it just like calling automatic system to add or calling a person. Can us real bank account still be added ?

2) As of 2012 the limit 200/20k was for US only. Is it still for US only, CA asks for it optionally only, right ?

3) If I make these CA pp/CA ebay, but selling in US, what is the best way to make listings. The reason I ask is I saw problems with cross-bording trading but still don't really understand how it works. Because the main reason for doing CA pp is I sell low-cost items but in really big quantities. So I don't want to get caught with 200/20k, even selling from CA ebay. So could you guys please tell me how to make listings (heard to make "item location - US") but not sure about it and how it is counted towards your monthly/yearly limits.

I've been usually searching for any questions on forum but this one I couldn't find. Sorry for possible topic duplication and thank you for any information you could provide. If afraid to post at forum, please PM.

THANK YOU!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-08-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: CA pp/ebay from US

I don't think any countries paypal is completely wide open anymore , you may avoid the 200/20k policy with US paypal but I'm sure you will than be confronted with a different limitation that is for Canada

It is probably easier to stick with your own countries account and find out how to operate within those guidelines
Old 07-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1. Have to check out the status - haven't tried to add a US account in awhile.

2. CA can and WILL ask like the US (equivalent asking)

3. What exactly are you asking - how to sell your low-end items?
Old 07-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by olekstom87 View Post
Hello!
I plan to do Canadian stealth accounts to avoid 200/20k. I'm in US. I'm planning to buy services like vba's etc and use vps for them. I have a few questions.

1) A year ago there was a big problem adding us bank accounts to ca pp. What the situation right now ? Is it just like calling automatic system to add or calling a person. Can us real bank account still be added ?
Did you manage to check the response to your question in this thread
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...me-canada.html
Quote:
2) As of 2012 the limit 200/20k was for US only. Is it still for US only, CA asks for it optionally only, right ?
IRS has been asking for some years now,yes.

Quote:
3) If I make these CA pp/CA ebay, but selling in US, what is the best way to make listings. The reason I ask is I saw problems with cross-bording trading but still don't really understand how it works. Because the main reason for doing CA pp is I sell low-cost items but in really big quantities. So I don't want to get caught with 200/20k, even selling from CA ebay. So could you guys please tell me how to make listings (heard to make "item location - US") but not sure about it and how it is counted towards your monthly/yearly limits.

I've been usually searching for any questions on forum but this one I couldn't find. Sorry for possible topic duplication and thank you for any information you could provide.
THANK YOU!
All countries has tax requirements. None are exempt. With USA paypal may ask for tax ID based on a projected total. Be prepared for this. What are you doing about ISP and address
Old 07-09-2014

Longevity: 66%

All countries have, but ONLY US have SSN requirement. CA/AU might have some equal. requirement, but no such thing for EU accs (specially diff. than UK ones).

Don't know about HK/CN/SG accs tho.
Old 07-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Thank you guys for promt response! I really appreciate it.

I'll buy services from market for a couple accounts and see how it goes on with well built stelths, the everything put together. I'll use VPN with ded IPs never used b4. When I do my own, I'll use vps's.

So as I understnad CA pp will not ask towards 1099, but they still ask for certain IDs and docs, which for stealths I won't be able to provide.
So do you know (I understand it's hard) what the approximate limits or speed of selling will initiate them to ask ?

And also there was a suggestion to print USPS labels after listing at ebay.com instead of ebay.ca. In this case it will not be counted towards US selling (while it's listed at ebay.com), because it's ca pp ? Am I right ?

Thank you again for your thought and sharing experience!
Old 07-09-2014
Threadstarter  

The reason I try to do this all is because I have low-cost items and sell them a lot, so I don't want to create 300-400 accounts/year. It's gonna be hard. so that's why I'm interested in CA pp/ebay, because there was no limit a while. Right now it's changed a little (asking for proof of identity after high-volume selling) so I'm asking for that, as it would allow me to make 30-40accs, which is much easier to run.
Old 07-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Where are you getting this information from? It's completely incorrect. Canadian accounts have the same inital selling limits as US accounts for a while now, because of the fact that everyone was trying to exploit it.
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
stanislav (07-10-2014)
Old 07-09-2014
Threadstarter  

I mean, the're no asking for SIN mandatory. But still have a limit right now before showing IDs ? I don't mean UNLIMITED accounts! I mean accounts with year limit before showing docs (I know that you start 10/1000, than after 3 months you get at best 100/5000).
What is this limit approximitely ? The same as US - around 170 items/year they start asking for proof of identity ? Or is it bigger limit, than in US ?
Old 07-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartofgold02 View Post
What's the 200/20k Paypal policy? Can you guys fill a Newbie in?
It is for US based accounts.

Old thread that outlines the subject.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...-usa-only.html

Any specific question you might have that we can try to answer please post it.

There are also many threads on the matter.

Old 07-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I mean, the're no asking for SIN mandatory. But still have a limit right now before showing IDs ? I don't mean UNLIMITED accounts! I mean accounts with year limit before showing docs (I know that you start 10/1000, than after 3 months you get at best 100/5000).
What is this limit approximitely ? The same as US - around 170 items/year they start asking for proof of identity ? Or is it bigger limit, than in US ?
There is always a limit even in Canada....a point where you can be asked for ID and limitation kicks in. It is not a free-for-all service.

And where are you getting 170 items? Limit can be placed much much much sooner than that :(
Old 07-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Thank you guys for really useful info. So I think if I sell big quantities, better create tons of US stealths and rotate.
What about EIN. Is there a limit of EINs, which could be created by 1 person. Hope not, cause person might have as many businesses as he wants, right ?
And the main question: If I create (or buy which i'm gonna do probably) many stealths and request EIN for each of them from IRS,how does it work with the 1099k at the end ? In another topic there was an example of:
your paypal name - Joe
real name - peter
LLC/EIN - sally's bakery
and they said 1099 will be issued to sally's bakery at individual Joe. Right? In this case doesn't IRS consider it as a identity theft ? Because it would be issued to unexisting person - Joe.
Or does it just work like you could say it was my friend, who agreed to help me run business, etc.
At the end, how can you link the unexisting person Joe to your real name to pay taxes ? Only IRS can do it, because while opening llc they had ssn ? So pp/ebay will never see real names, right ?

P.S.: I don't mean I avoiding paying taxes. I want and will pay them. Please don't post about it. I'm American patriot, though was born in Ukraine ))

If you can please answer, meanwhile I'll search forum for info.
Thank you guys!

Last edited by olekstom87; 07-13-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Another question, if you run it as llc, what is a chance of pp asking for ssn ? And at which limits they start asking ssn anyway ? Because in this way the account lost/linked
Old 07-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Another question, if you run it as llc, what is a chance of pp asking for ssn ? And at which limits they start asking ssn anyway ? Because in this way the account lost/linked
Just to clarify, you understand that llc and ssn do not apply to Canada pp right?

As for understanding llc better...lots of thread that already discuss this - perhaps a search is in order.
Old 07-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Just to clarify, you understand that llc and ssn do not apply to Canada pp right?

As for understanding llc better...lots of thread that already discuss this - perhaps a search is in order.
Yes, i understand that. I just still hesitate if I should do ca pp/ebay or open llc and 10-15 eins. So probably stick to us accounts, if you have they still ask for docs soon for ca accounts.
For ca accts, can you rsot please tell an average numbers when they could ask for ids. If I make around $1500 / account with 100 items sold is it big for flagging myself ?
Old 07-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
For ca accts, can you rsot please tell an average numbers when they could ask for ids. If I make around $1500 / account with 100 items sold is it big for flagging myself ?
There really is no set average....PP can ask depending on PROJECTED sales...and this can be random.

As for your choice...why not dabble a bit in both...create ca pp accounts (Several) and your ein accounts...report back and teach your experience
Old 07-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
There really is no set average....PP can ask depending on PROJECTED sales...and this can be random.

As for your choice...why not dabble a bit in both...create ca pp accounts (Several) and your ein accounts...report back and teach your experience
Or learn to run USA accounts well then try other platforms.

Old 07-18-2014

Is there any result on the thread? I also want to do steath rather than use my real bank info in CA. Any VBA works for CA paypal?
Old 07-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by koobar View Post
Is there any result on the thread? I also want to do steath rather than use my real bank info in CA. Any VBA works for CA paypal?
Have you contacted sellers on the forum for VBAs? VBAs can be quite difficult to get for CA pp
Old 07-26-2014

Quote:
Have you contacted sellers on the forum for VBAs? VBAs can be quite difficult to get for CA pp
I was told US vba can't verified CA PP
Old 07-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

True - the instaverify US Vba cant be used to verify. I havent tried the microdeposit way in some time...perhaps a manual call to pp could do it. I started a new US bank account but I have not tested it out lately. I will try it out later in the week - create a new pp and try it (just have to note it down hah)
Old 08-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Tried - and no success