New Account Restrictions for Categories - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Canada eBay Discussions

Canada eBay Discussions General discussions about eBay.ca Suspensions. This forum is mostly geared towards Canada eBay sellers.

Old 01-01-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default New Account Restrictions for Categories

Hi, I am new so please be patient with me. I have a newer ebay account. about 8 months. I have a restriction on my account and can't sell my high end items, tiffany chanel hermes. I was told on the phone a few times that all I need are 25 positive feedback. Now someone on the forums(i hope they are wrong) that I need 25 US feedbacks even though I am in Canada? Is this true?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: New Account Restrictions for Categories

Those brand name items are way too risky ESPECIALLY on a new account
Old 01-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

I don't believe that's true.
But like rsot states - those are insanely high risk. unless you have quite a bit more history and a LOT more feedback on your account attempting to sell those on your account will NOT end well.
Old 01-03-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I have had something crazy happen actually. I now know this is really bad. So no I told you so.'s. I didn't have the forum info or book at this point. I made extra accounts to give myself feedbacks because of the account restrictions. And I had my friend leave me 1 feedback. Anyways, one of my account got closed for shilling. I did use another name for each account but i used my same phone number and paypal. doh. I know really stupid. and then I did the dumbest thing. I called in and asked why the category restriction wasn't off my main account. I didn't mention the other accounts. And the guy told me I had a ver o restriction because of lions hate. I used the word madmen as a descriptor. Anyways. I thought my account was for SURE going to get to shut down today. And I got an item increase. Do you think I will still get suspended for shilling??? I did buy it nows no bidding with my other 2 accounts. Thanks guys for reading and helping me out.

ps: I now know why everyone says that is a bad idea for the items I sell. But it is my area of expertise and I have a good source for real items.
Old 01-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

IF you keep up the risky activity, you are asking to be canned. You got lucky with an increase
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
nearnu (01-04-2015)
Old 01-04-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I totally agree. I read the Stealth Book. I consider my two accounts that were dinged to be dead. I will no longer even log into them. I am going to open a new stealth account at the end of this month when I can afford the set up stuff. I just put a crap ton of money into inventory. No more being a fool for me!
Old 01-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Good luck with Tiffany! eBay and Tiffany duked it out in court when Tiffany bought a random number of items on eBay and 25% of them turned out to be counterfeit. Selling Tiffany on eBay is EXTREMELY difficult.

One thing you might try is approaching the VERO member and asking for their permission to sell. Some brand owners WILL allow you to sell their items if you can show them that your source of items is legitimate. I would only try this, however, if you are 100% certain of their legitimacy. Because I have heard more than one user say their items were 100% legitimate and when asked how they know that, their response is "because my seller in China promised they are authentic".

But if your sources are TRULY legitimate then you should be able to figure something out.
Old 01-04-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Good luck with Tiffany! eBay and Tiffany duked it out in court when Tiffany bought a random number of items on eBay and 25% of them turned out to be counterfeit. Selling Tiffany on eBay is EXTREMELY difficult.

One thing you might try is approaching the VERO member and asking for their permission to sell. Some brand owners WILL allow you to sell their items if you can show them that your source of items is legitimate. I would only try this, however, if you are 100% certain of their legitimacy. Because I have heard more than one user say their items were 100% legitimate and when asked how they know that, their response is "because my seller in China promised they are authentic".

But if your sources are TRULY legitimate then you should be able to figure something out.
----------------------------------------

I don't buy the mass junky silver stuff. I buy item by item from people and check out the quality and authenticity before I list anything. I know my top 4 labels are the biggest pain in the ass to sell. I know some wealthy people from my consignment days that just like to get rid of stuff. I never find jewellery thrifting. Just clothing and bags.

I am right now trying to sell more to so I can go back to school and get my GIA certification. I want to eventually sell high end jewellery on my own website as well as other platforms. I figured if i can appraise my items I will be doing safer work. In the mean time clothing is kind of my bread and butter.
Old 01-04-2015

Longevity: 64%

Start very small and slow and have steady growth. I also would recommend a couple different accounts and buy a few different domains now so they are aged by the time you get your biz up and rolling
The Following User Says Thank You to danshan For This Useful Post:
nearnu (01-04-2015)