eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Credit Card Alternatives (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/)
-   -   We're sorry, but that bank can't be linked to any more PayPal accounts??? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/36978-were-sorry-but-bank-cant-linked-any-more-paypal-accounts.html)

last3379 09-21-2011 12:35 PM

We're sorry, but that bank can't be linked to any more PayPal accounts???

"we’re sorry, this card can’t be linked to additional paypal accounts. please link a different card."

"We're sorry, but that bank can't be linked to any more PayPal accounts. Please link a different bank account"???

So I have a checking account that i used for a stealth paypal with no problems so i decided to add a savings account for another stealth paypal account and i got the above error... The account numbers are completely different so i dont know how they could possibly know it is part of my checking account??

Any ideas? I know people from this forum have done this with no problems.

Thanks.

"we’re sorry, this card can’t be linked to additional paypal accounts. please link a different card."

holyhell 09-21-2011 12:50 PM

I haven't had this before. I have savings and checking accounts from the same bank, all attached to different stealth accounts. Did you accidentally re-use an old bank account?

doughboykilla 09-21-2011 01:22 PM

yeah that would be impossable unless the account #'s are the same and u tried useing them on 2 paypals

HurricaneHuntr 09-23-2011 08:47 PM

wachovia got me linked with a checking/savings once

sacka_man 09-23-2011 09:49 PM

I am having this same problem and came here to post a new thread and ask about it, and to my surprised found that there was already a thread about it. I am also baffled about why I am getting it because I don't know how Paypal could possibly have detected me based on the information I gave them. It seems that it could be an error on Paypal's end.

The checking account I am trying to add is a TD Bank checking account. I also have a debit card that is linked to this same bank account. I already added the debit card to Paypal. Now I am trying to add the checking account as well. My only guess is that since the debit card and bank account are linked, somehow Paypal knows and wont allow them both to be used as verification, even though I know I've done it before for other accounts. Is it even possible for Paypal to know if a debit card is connected to a bank account?

last3379, I'm not sure what your specific circumstances are. You may be using completely different bank account / credit cards so I don't know, but I'm still curious to hear your theories. Post here when you do or find out something.

imjustme 09-25-2011 02:47 PM

2 possibilities:

- PayPal has a technical problem.
- Your bank is re-using account numbers that someone else used in PayPal before.

doughboykilla 09-25-2011 04:18 PM

I have seen this once in my lifetime i was useing metabank to verfiy paypals and i got a account number that pp said was alrdy used on another account. this was back in 09 i think and the metabanks was open only for a few days then closed out so it was possable they resued those account #'s

Gangster878 09-25-2011 04:57 PM

You Can Not Use Savings Account With Paypal

Ultimate 09-25-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gangster878 (Post 272020)
You Can Not Use Savings Account With Paypal

Not true- it is only on UK PP. For US and CANADA: checking and savings are fully compatible both, on US You even are window there You can choose account type - checking or saving before add.

BiN4RY 09-25-2011 08:36 PM

You most likely already linked that account elsewhere, I've never had any problem like that with any Canadian banks

rsot 09-26-2011 11:15 AM

Likewise - banks in general will not re-issue an account to someone else unless there is a big bank slip-up.

sacka_man 09-29-2011 04:46 PM

I am unsure if you can use savings accounts or not, but regardless I was using a checking account and still got the message.

I haven't tried since 9-23-2011 when I got the message before but I imagine I will get the same error.

Hmmm.... I didn't think about the possibility that the same account # was already used before. Although, that seems to me like a very slim possibility. I kinda get the impression this may be a Paypal technical problem.