Anyone into Mining? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > CryptoCurrency

CryptoCurrency Discuss all CryptoCurrencies / coins and their use for personal or business purposes. Bitcoin (BTC) is possibly the best known but there are numerous crypto currencies, this is the forum to discuss them all.

Old 07-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Anyone into Mining?

no, he buys mines to rack server spaces
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-24-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%

nice!!! I want more tezos, i am sad the stupid thing is over
Old 07-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

more like pesos
Old 07-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 72%

Keep guessing)
Old 07-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenix View Post
Keep guessing)
Are you using a botnet?
Old 07-27-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Are you using a botnet?
ROFL ,i will get banned and i wont get payment if i use botnets,just some powerful machines i get,ofc i mix with nichhash (people sell hash power online)
BOTNET=BAN
Old 07-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-18-2017)
Old 07-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
ROFL ,i will get banned and i wont get payment if i use botnets,just some powerful machines i get,ofc i mix with nichhash (people sell hash power online)
BOTNET=BAN
Well, you said "keep guessing" when someone asked if you were buying servers to mine with. So that's the only other explanation I could think of.

Either way good luck with your mining! You are helping make my shady transactions possible!
Old 09-13-2017

Longevity: 38%

why host mining... defeats the purpose. Technology is changing... the market is too hot for new comers... S9 going for 3K on pre-orders... lol. Do you homework, stay away from GPUs, there are other rigs out there.
Old 09-18-2017

Longevity: 38%

do you guys know if there are ppl selling their hashpower for a reasonable price for paypal?
Old 09-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenEbay View Post
why host mining... defeats the purpose. Technology is changing... the market is too hot for new comers... S9 going for 3K on pre-orders... lol. Do you homework, stay away from GPUs, there are other rigs out there.
BItcoin mining is not profitable ,only trading is profitable
Old 09-18-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
BItcoin mining is not profitable ,only trading is profitable
Why do people mine them then? (P.S. Serious question, not sure why they'd go above and beyond if there was no incentive).
Old 09-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Why do people mine them then? (P.S. Serious question, not sure why they'd go above and beyond if there was no incentive).
I'm sure it could be profitable if electricity to run the machines is free...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
xenix (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I mean if you already own some big mining farm and electricity is free then you can do mining or else its waste of time to mine bitcoin other coins also ,we need to pick some good ones eventually someone with that knowledge wont reveal his findings to public he will stack it up and sell when it reaches the max price
Old 10-03-2017

Longevity: 37%

Anyone looking for bios modifications to increase your hash rate should check out cryptolaboratory.co.uk. Especially with the difficulty on coins like ethereum increasing so much its almost break even/no profit with current coin prices.

Holding long term should see a good investment though. I bought some modded bios from them and got roughly 20/30% increase per card.
Old 10-18-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Mining Bitcoin is over for people like you and me. You would have to buy ASIC miners that are designed only for mining. They cost somewhere around $3,000+ a piece, are sometimes hard to get, and are only relevant for a short period of time. After that you might as well use it as a boat anchor.

The reason is the difficulty level rises exponentially as more miners join the network and the block-chain gets longer and your competing against people with endless money, possibly even government sponsored.

Right now, if you're going to mine, GPU mining is the best bet. Almost all the hardware to build the miner can be re-sold or re-purposed, as long as you don't buy mining specific hardware, you could use the hardware to build a badass PC for yourself. The only thing that's junk is the $50 CPU and case. (Mining doesn't require much CPU power, I use a Intel Pentium G-4400).

How much does a Alienware PC cost? About as much as mining rig, plus you would still have 4-6 top of the line GPU's to resell. As long as you keep your GPU's under 80C they should last a long time and most come with a 5 year warranty.

AMD Cards are harder to Over Clock, use more electricity and get less Mh/s. Nvidia cards have less options of coins to mine.

I went with Nvidia. They use a lot less electricity and get more Mh/s than AMD. Nvidia price is higher but the electric will even things out. Nvidia cards produce less heat and are quieter.

GPU mining is far from over. For instance if a company made a application where movie companies could rent out the network to do their video rendering in exchange for tokens... There are all kinds of possibilities... It's a good possibility Gift Cards could be tokenized and used on a app on your phone... all those transactions are processed by someone... It all comes down to who can provide a secure convenient service for the least amount of money.

Most of mining is speculation, or gambling as someone mentioned. But hindsight is 20/20. Its easy to say your better off to investing than mine after you see where the coin was at and where it is now.

[10.18.17] I would suggest if Bitcoin hits down around $3,500USD in the next few months to buy at least one coin. When it hits $6,000USD sell and buy mining eqt. Then you cant lose.

If you mine 2000 tokens this month while the token is @ a fraction of a cent and they come out with some kind of application like the video rendering concept or smart contracts that will be used by fortune 500 companies. Those 2000 tokens could be worth millions.

Tokens are only the gas that powers the network. In software development there is a testing faze. If bitcoin is that test... the proof of concept is already complete. Now its just implementing a technology to be used on the network.

This is like investing in the internet in 1993 because it sounds cool, even though you cant wrap your mind around it or imagine what the end results will be like. Look at all the applications they have come out with since then. Its the equivalent of buying stock in these companies at a discounted rate. (the cost of electricity).

Which for me is about $1.62 a day. Plus if your really cheap you can counter that by shutting off all the lights and unplugging things you normally wouldn't when not in use.

Last edited by nate; 10-18-2017 at 02:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
x2ruff4u (10-18-2017)
Old 10-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%
Smile Re: Anyone into Mining?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
I would suggest if Bitcoin hits down around $3,500USD in the next few months to buy at least one coin. When it hits $6,000USD sell and buy mining eqt. Then you cant lose.

If you mine 2000 tokens this month while the token is @ a fraction of a cent and they come out with some kind of application like the video rendering concept or smart contracts that will be used by fortune 500 companies. Those 2000 tokens could be worth millions.

Tokens are only the gas that powers the network. In software development there is a testing faze. If bitcoin is that test... the proof of concept is already complete. Now its just implementing a technology to be used on the network.

This is like investing in the internet in 1993 because it sounds cool, even though you cant wrap your mind around it or imagine what the end results will be like. Look at all the applications they have come out with since then. Its the equivalent of buying stock in these companies at a discounted rate. (the cost of electricity).

Which for me is about $1.62 a day. Plus if your really cheap you can counter that by shutting off all the lights and unplugging things you normally wouldn't when not in use.
I really liked your post as that's what I agree with. Nvidia does even it out with electric costs and OC although I read some RX 580 if flashed correctly and the correct model could beat it IF you can get your hands on them. My other question is about tokens. I read about these the other day how do you invest or get into those? Any thoughts of what to buy? Thanks and I do some mining as a hobby.
Old 10-19-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%

[Tokens=Coins] It's the same.

I'm so far off from expert level at this point... I'm only just getting started, but I've found a good channel on the discord server to get me up to speed quick.

For investing, I could only suggest the two main currencies. Bitcoin and Ethereum. They're stable enough that chances of loosing money over the long term with those two are slim to none, and if I was to guess, I think Eth is about to make a run sometime in the next few months.

I keep hearing a lot of talk about Ubiq but know next to nothing about it other than its @ $1.20, it has something to do with smart contracts, applications for business, and is similar to Ethereum. But... it might just be because it went from $0.04 to $2+ over the summer.

Mining and investing are very different so Ubiq my not apply. Your only loosing time and some pocket change by mining a high risk currency. (depending on how many mining rigs you have).

For instance I dual mined 500+ SiaCoin in 72hrs @ $0.004 while I mined 0.15 Ethereum @ $300.00+ using 4 GPU's. I spent about $6 in electric. That's somewhere around $40 profit at current prices. Now if SiaCoin actually does something.... You can see how it would be beneficial. If it doesn't, I didn't really loose anything. Current price isn't all that important since you can dump the coin when ever you want.

Ethereum Forked a couple days ago bringing down the block times, so for the next few days it should be the most profitable to mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
rsot (10-19-2017)