Competition keeps buying me out..!? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Competition keeps buying me out..!?

So I have a item that I have sold on two different accounts and once I get down to maybe 9 left, he buys me out. This is the second time but now its on a different account. I wanted my auction to be up longer, and I usually only sell a few a day. I was just going to keep adding to the inventory. Should I ship to him or just block him?? Obviously he is going to see if I ship to him that both the accounts are really the same person. Because of my ship from address..

What would you guys do?

Last edited by Iwuvcurrency; 10-18-2016 at 10:41 AM. Reason: wrong num
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-18-2016

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 50%
Default Re: Competition keeps buying me out..!?

I know you said auction but it sounds like you are talking about a buy it now listing. If this is the case then you can add an out of stock option in your eBay preferences that will save your listing's place in the search results in the event that you are bought out. If he is not trying to scam you then ship to him. If he has tried to scam you in the past then cancel the order, block him, and deal with the negative feedback. To be honest, when I buy something from eBay I don't examine the return addresses, I just rip open the packages most of the time. If I did notice the return addresses were the same and tried to use it against you I doubt eBay would even listen to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emporium For This Useful Post:
Iwuvcurrency (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016

Longevity: 45%

If your making profits then sell to him... You can always change your return address..
The Following User Says Thank You to kingpin100 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

I dont really see what the issue is...but you can always limit the amount that a person can buy in a certain time frame.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Hey Everyone.. Sorry it is a buy it now.. I guess the only problem is, that I am worried he is trying to scam me and I wanted my auction to last, had another shipment on the way.. More views on a auction and sales gets you to the top, and thats what I am trying to achieve.
Old 10-18-2016
Threadstarter  

And Kingpin, I cannot change my ship from or return address my post office dont play that at all. They are super noisy, and will not ship it if it doesnt say your address.. I also live I guess in a smaller town where we only have one post office so they know you when you walk in..
The Following User Says Thank You to Iwuvcurrency For This Useful Post:
caravan (10-20-2016)
Old 10-18-2016

Lol ... Idk i ship out 5 different addresses on labels right from my house... your return address could be a warehouse you own... the usps doesn't need to know... its really none of their business... my carrier laughs about it.... i ship 15-30 items off my front porch everyday...
Old 10-18-2016
Threadstarter  

@kingpin I used to do that too. And they got pissed, and brought all 70 of my packages and sat them on my door step and said its illegal to ship from a address other than yours. So I just havent done it again, I had to buy all new postage,was super mad. I also did put the "ship from" zip code as mine, bcuz they trip about that too but that didnt matter
Old 10-18-2016

wow... dam .... i didn't know it was illegal... I guess im giving you bad advice.. I do live in a larger city so that might make the difference.... but i just might start changing my return address... thanks
Old 10-18-2016

thats crazy because ive dropped off 50+ and the post office and they never said a word and they all know me and what i do....
Old 10-18-2016

Longevity: 73%

I just print out a sheet of white return address labels and affix them over the stealth address , if you use the same fonts as on the shipping label its hard to even notice . and yes make sure you use your zip as the ship from zip above the label . As for the guy buying you out . Sounds like he is just buying you up so you dont have the top listing . Go to account tab click site perferences then click out of stock option , so when you sell out you listing stays active then all you do is revise listing and add more stock to the listing and it will resume your listing in the place it was .
The Following User Says Thank You to bluegrass1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
I just print out a sheet of white return address labels and affix them over the stealth address , if you use the same fonts as on the shipping label its hard to even notice . and yes make sure you use your zip as the ship from zip above the label . As for the guy buying you out . Sounds like he is just buying you up so you dont have the top listing . Go to account tab click site perferences then click out of stock option , so when you sell out you listing stays active then all you do is revise listing and add more stock to the listing and it will resume your listing in the place it was .
That's an interesting idea with the return labels but when they scan the labels it won't match up in their system.. Have you had any packages that actually got returned to you?
Old 10-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Ive actually done that.. @bluegrass1 but only with a few because I accidentally printed the stealth address on the label and new that my post office would trip.. It didnt come back but I only did it a few times.
And yeah I think he probly has more than on account and doesnt want mine on there on the top. I actually even had someone message me from a account with no feedback saying something smart because mine was listed under the going rate.. mine was cheaper by maybe a doller.
Old 10-18-2016

Longevity: 43%

Open a PO box with the post office and use that for one of your accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmoplay For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin100 View Post
thats crazy because ive dropped off 50+ and the post office and they never said a word and they all know me and what i do....
FWIW, it is illegal but most post offices don't care. For you to legally ship packages with multiple return addresses daily you would have to be registered as a dropshipper with USPS. There are posts on the forum every few weeks about people having USPS problems due to multiple stealth addresses.

@OP - I would just ship the guy his order. If you aren't selling anything counterfeit then I don't understand how a larger order would make the risk of being scammed any higher. If you are selling something counterfeit and that's why you're concerned, then you should either end the listing and stop selling the item or set up buyer requirements to limit buyers to 1 item per sale.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwuvcurrency View Post
@kingpin I used to do that too. And they got pissed, and brought all 70 of my packages and sat them on my door step and said its illegal to ship from a address other than yours. So I just havent done it again, I had to buy all new postage,was super mad. I also did put the "ship from" zip code as mine, bcuz they trip about that too but that didnt matter
What a jackass mailman.

I never had this problem with UPS. Just yesterday I shipped out 100+ boxes (FBA) with a different ship from address (different state actually) than where it was being picked up from.

USPS sucks in general. They seem more concerned about enforcing dumb rules/regulations. UPS will just deliver the package and then send you a bill if there's a problem.
Old 10-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwuvcurrency View Post
Actually on USPS website you can use any return address and change the ship from zip code to have the appropriate cost. So the labels can have a different return address. Hence their own website...

I would point that out... Is nonsense.

Just drive to another post office and be done with it.
BigCJ (10-18-2016), Futuremogul888 (10-19-2016), yankee (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016
Threadstarter  

@newjerseymax I have drove to another one but unfortunately the one nearest from me is a ways lbvs about 40 mins.. I did it for a while after they dropped them all off on my doorstep. But Noone has time to drive all that way to drop off packages. Def not me! lol I think Im going to try the P.O box thing tho and list that as my address when shipping instead.
Old 10-19-2016

Longevity: 68%

dam man, that usps sucks ass, no wonder they are losing money with all their bs regulations, someday they will be overtaken by some other national company, that company really sucks seriously, live and let live should be every companies motto.

you probably need some drop shipping company you ship too and then they can re-ship to the address you want to keep your business private. i don't know if that exist, but it would be a good business to have for many people to use.
The Following User Says Thank You to astralman For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (10-20-2016)