Item removed - unauthorized item - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-22-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Item removed - unauthorized item

Item was selling for nearly 2 years without issues. A couple of days ago - boom, Unauthorized item strike and item removed by Intellectual rights owner request. No any MC, just "Your listing has been removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item". Any ideas when it will be safe to list it again?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2016
MU

Longevity: 45%
Default Re: Item removed - unauthorized item

List it now, put it on another stealth and start it all over, new pics listing desc. ect... If you sell this kind of vero shiit you need to play the game with many stealths ready to die
Old 10-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackery View Post
List it now, put it on another stealth and start it all over, new pics listing desc. ect... If you sell this kind of vero shiit you need to play the game with many stealths ready to die
That is all clear, will just move item to another stealth, but my main question is - what is the safe interval between strikes, so not just to waste that initial acc by relisting?
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
CodeRed (10-22-2016)
Old 10-23-2016

Longevity: 72%

You can get 3 strikes like that in a year per account and still be safe
Old 10-23-2016

Longevity: 72%

Actually let me rephrase that... It's a 3 strike rule. But I've had accounts get 3 strikes within a year, they will pull all your listings... and "review" your account. Most of the time you can get 3 strikes and a review and they'll reinstate your listing capabilities in 7 days.

But theoretically, you could get that third strike and eBay ban you right then and there. So be safe.
Old 10-24-2016
Threadstarter  

Account is quite old, and never had any strikes. But when that happened, they removed 2 items at the time. Is it counted as 1 strike, or as 2 strikes?
Old 10-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Don't know how eBay has been handling it recently but many years ago you did not want to list the same stuff after it got taken down and you had a violation on your account.

Personally I would put the account to the side for a quite some time and move on to other stealth accounts. Come back later next year when it is safe to relist.
Old 10-24-2016

Longevity: 73%

I would suggest waiting for a bit before relisting on a different account . Sometimes the rights owners will keep an eye out for a couple weeks watching for anyone else listing their product . they usually give up after a short time of not seeing their product being sold .
Old 10-25-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Don't know how eBay has been handling it recently but many years ago you did not want to list the same stuff after it got taken down and you had a violation on your account.

Personally I would put the account to the side for a quite some time and move on to other stealth accounts. Come back later next year when it is safe to relist.
For how long strikes remain on account ?
Is it removed exactly after one year (365 days ) from the date of the strike ?
Old 10-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Any account infringement will be visible to ebay employees indefinitely. Don't be under any illusion that it "drops off" after X amount of time.

As for this 3 strikes rule, I'm not sure I buy into it. Older, established accounts can take a LOT more abuse than new accounts can. An older account may well be able to take multiple listing removals in a short space of time, where a new account may well get canned on the first one.
Old 10-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
For how long strikes remain on account ?
Is it removed exactly after one year (365 days ) from the date of the strike ?
Account infringements can be on there a long time. If you have another safe product to list I would considering going that route on the account. Relisting the same items that got recently flagged is suicide in my opinion. As to why it is so important to have multiple accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
CodeRed (10-25-2016)
Old 10-28-2016

their is this idiot on ebay. Just joined in September that is sending emails to companies telling them that your items are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. He usually first emails you on ebay. Name is enforcement(something). Tells you ALL of your listings will be taken down soon. I have 300 and he got 2 of mine taken down. I just moved over to another stealth and posted them so no problem.
Old 10-28-2016

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Item was selling for nearly 2 years without issues. A couple of days ago - boom, Unauthorized item strike and item removed by Intellectual rights owner request. No any MC, just "Your listing has been removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item". Any ideas when it will be safe to list it again?
your account has been flagged and will be under scrutiny for some time. there is 0 guarantee when it will be safe to relist and relisting is mostly a suicide. move on to another account.
Old 10-28-2016
Threadstarter  

I see huge accounts relisting things for 10s of times. Mine is like 2yrs old, 600+ positive feedbacks. I wonder if relisting after 1 month is fine? I listed item in another account that does not have that many feedbacks (less than 100), and noone is buying it for several days, while on first acc i was selling 1-2 per day. Price same, a bit different photos, also 100% feedback, old account...
Old 10-28-2016

Longevity: 54%

I read all the replies to this......... and I would not spend much on buying any of it.

I think it depends on the exact wording of the message you got.
So you should copy and past that on here, cutting out any sensitive bits that might give you away.

Then we need to know what is the item exactly - different companies have a different approach.

eBay itself does not give a **** about any of, because if you are not selling they are not making money and if you are selling branded goods, lets say, then the liability is on you, not eBay.
This is why they have VERO program so as they can say to brands, well you need to join this program and apply to have action taken that way.

Most brands also deploy a strategy, and it depends how hot they are or if they are trending - so right now, BlackBerry would not care so much, they are already dead and fading but as if it is Apple, well they just released some new devices so they care but wait 6 months down the line and then they take their foot of the gas on ageing products.

Right now heading in to the Xmas period, it will be Toy manufactures or brands that will be the ones to avoid.

Sometimes it can be a competitor who is also one of these brand enforcement agents themselves - which sounds like one of the replies before was alluding to.

I think if your account is passed 6 months and has had a large % of genuine sales then you can state it was a mistake etc.
But for sure what it will do is it will limit any quantity of monetary value increase's you request - this is fact. eBay will turn around and say that in light of the removals they can not give you maximum selling increases - this has happened to me many times.

Do not sell anything to do with Levi's unless orignal.
Nike are too busy making a lot of money at present to worry about eBay.
New Era was hot on this for a while when all the caps/snap-backs were on trend.

I think there is no blanket policy from eBay.

eBay can add a marker against your sales, without you know, where it does not give your items full visibility in order to reduce any or all risk to eBay or to customers - this I know as I pursued eBay on this until they confessed this is what they had done to 2 of my accounts (which had same paypal linked) due to system mistake in fact!
Old 10-28-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

I wouldn't list the same item/category for a few months. I'm certain they'll get manually reviewed for similarities. Just use the account for selling other items for the meanwhile, setup a new account for sales of this particular item, and just move on from there.

This account you described can withstand a bunch of strikes from the description you gave. I know because I've always been into 'digital delivery' items on ebay, and we've had a turbulent relationship. They always leave me alone to mature the account for a year or so, and then when they realise sales are doing great and my DSRs / positive feedback was perfect, ebay decides they wanted none of it. Ironic and moronic to say the least.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
muzzie (10-28-2016)
Old 10-31-2016

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 52%

As disgusting as it is, I tend to never relist the item under that account. I'm just curious, did you start listing this item as an auction item versus buy-it-now recently?
Old 10-31-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettefever17 View Post
As disgusting as it is, I tend to never relist the item under that account. I'm just curious, did you start listing this item as an auction item versus buy-it-now recently?
Item was there for 2 years, it was a high-risk VERO. It was selling and selling, and after 2 years it got suddenly removed, hundreds sold over that time.