Trouble with a buyer only account. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-20-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default Trouble with a buyer only account.

I am having trouble making a purchase only ebay account. All of the info for the buyer account is different following all stealth protocols, besides the address since it is my home address. I have had great success making seller accounts. I am looking to buy items to resell and have purchased around $600 so far, what are the limits for a new account to buy items? Every time I try to pay for items the paypal payment method is greyed out and my credit card is also declined. I called paypal and they first claimed it was my credit card company, then claimed it would be fixed in an hour if I reset my cookies. I called again and then security checks were mentioned. My paypal account is 100% verified.

This address is my real address and was used for a stealth account which is not banned (yet) but not currently active due to non payment of refunds ebay gave to people who claimed they never received their items, so I dropped the account.

What are my solutions for being able to buy items on ebay besides a neighbor or PO box?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Trouble with a buyer only account.

have you tried your real card but put unit before your door number? eg unit 8. it might fool the avs system. You will need to make a new account though, no point adding it to problematic account.

re credit card grey-out, no idea if they stop you adding a banned address , it does sound odd, not heard that on forum (although you said it is not banned yet)
Old 11-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your response, I have tried the card with my real shipping address which is what first worked. Then I was blocked for a few days and then it worked again for another $200. So I changed my card info on my credit card issuers website to the address that matches the paypal account and re-added the card. It works on other sites but not ebay.

Is it likely the address associated with the account will be blacklisted? I sold a lot of high priced items to a country with no tracking, whoops...I was impatient for sales. Now they all opened cases so I dumped the account.

I actually made a new account and purchased with a debit card and it worked but that was only 1 $40 item. I will slowly buy more and more, I didn't think they would limit me for spending only $600, although it was in a electronics category.

Also if I do switch to a PO box, how many sellers are blocking buyers with a PO box for their address?

Last edited by airex; 11-20-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

sellers on ebay blocking pobox? or do you mean other suppliers? probably not many....you would have to look at the T&C, sometimes their postal option cannot deliver to pobox.

if your real address is attached to a paypal that gets limited, then yes, it is sort of blacklisted, but for a buyer account you can get around it by having the same address but formatting it differently, I gave an example...

you should not have any issues buying a few hundred $ of goods. New paypals buying thousands straight off would get looked at, you need a history and start smaller...
Old 11-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 58%

Try using a ups address, and order items on eb using virtual gift cards with items being shipped to the UPS address.

Also, why not buy your goods using a prepaid debit card via PayPal guest checkout? This way you'll never need a PayPal account strictly for buying.

Last edited by BlackLion; 11-20-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't want to do guest checkout as I really enjoy getting the 2% bonus from ebay bucks. Also prepaid gift cards are not a bad idea as a last resort but I also get cash back on my credit card. Although I guess I would get it anyways buying the gift card.

I will create a new account following stealth rules and the address trick you mentioned and get my credit card number changed and try again but slower.