Package with "Delivery status not updated" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Package with "Delivery status not updated"

Delivery status not updated

I recently sold a fairly expensive smartphone and today the buyer opened a request saying they never received the item. I remembered the package had signature confirmation so I instructed them to go pick it up at the local post office. Almost immediately they replied back that the post office didn't have it. I checked the tracking and the latest two updates were,

"November 21, 2016 , 9:59 am - Out for Delivery" and "November 21, 2016 , 11:59 pm - Delivery status not updated".

The tracking has read "Delivery status not updated" for basically a week now. I called USPS and was on hold for two hours, and all that happened was a case was opened. In addition to opening the case with the agent, I also filed a lost package request and called the local post office. The local post office was no help and only conveyed information I could already view online(Est. Delivery Date and it having signature confirmation). Is there anything else I could do? I called eBay and the lady admitted that the incident wasn't anything I can control yet, she said when it came down to it the case would be sided in the buyers favor.

delivery status not updated

Last edited by aspkin; 05-17-2018 at 12:24 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Re: Package with "Delivery status not updated"

UPDATE:

Today the package was delivered and signed for so I guess the 2hr wait on USPS support line was worth it.
To anybody who stumbles upon this problem I suggest you wait a couple of days after that update saying "Delivery status not updated". If the package still isn't delivered after that you should

1)
Call the post office who services the buyer.
You can find most likely find the serving post office by going to: https://tools.usps.com/go/POLocatorAction!input.action and finding the post office closest in proximity(this may not be the case in larger cities). After you figure out the local post office, you should be able to find their number by clicking on the name or googling the post office address. When you call say that you sent out a package and it was not delivered and are needing help finding it. Post offices in smaller cities and towns are often more helpful in my experience.

2)

Call USPS support line.
If the local post office is unable to locate the package you should call the USPS support line(1-800-275-8777). After you get past the automated system asking for your zip code, and asking you do you want to participate in a survey and be read their privacy policy you can quickly get to an agent by saying "agent" then "yes" then the automated system will ask for a topic so say tracking or packing after you tell it the tracking number you will be put on hold until an agent is available. (agents are normally busier between 3pm-5pm)
After you get an agent explain the situation and the agent will say they will will open up a package information request and the local post office will contact you.(what happened in my case)

3) OPTIONAL

I do not know if this step had any result on me actually finding my package, but it cant hurt. You can file a missing mail report here: https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Last edited by matthewaj; 11-29-2016 at 11:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to matthewaj For This Useful Post:
finiteprecision (11-30-2016)