Suing Stealth Accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-12-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Suing Stealth Accounts

Hey

What happens when someone wants tries to sue a stealth Ebay or a Stealth Paypal Account? With a private sue, or a criminal charge.

I assume the police would first send a letter to the stealth Adress, and then realize it wasnt the real one. What do they do then? Try to track IP?

Theoretically you could be trackable through the Bank Account on your Paypal, but does Paypal hand out that information to the police on inquiry?

I suppose it's different for each country, but if anyone has experience or knowledge, I'd be interested to know
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Suing Stealth Accounts

If your getting sued by another person its a civil matter. The police do not get involved

If your doing something you should not and the police get involved its a criminal matter. They would track you down however they can

(as a rule of thumb)

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 01-12-2017 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

And in the end it will vary depending on the Country and that Countries Rules and Laws.
Old 01-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Of course, you're both right. But as you said:

"If your doing something you should not and the police get involved its a criminal matter. They would track you down however they can"

The question is, what can they do. Tracking your IP would result in getting to the VPN Provider right? and would they give your IP to the police?
And would Paypal give your bank account info to the police?

The latter one seems rather straightforward but yet it seems in matter of digital goods such as online Games, marketplaces like ebay is overflowing with apparent scam articles. Which seems weird, unless Paypal doesn't work with the police
Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Is there a reason you are asking questions like this out of question? The police can easily get IP address details from PayPal as well as from a VPN company if they are so inclined
Old 01-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Well I buy and sell Online-Gaming Account, Currency, Items etc.

One Problem is, I've occasionally been scammed when purchasing something, and Paypal's been really unhelpful, they usually side with the seller on the matter of these digital goods. I've always let this go because they weren't huge sums.

Second Problem is, there's a lot of competition of super valuable stuff at low prices, a lot of which really seems like a scam, when closely looking at their accounts or talking to them. But they take the money and trust out of many potential customers.

I don't really want to draw attention to my trading and to my stealth accounts but I was wondering if suing in case of getting scammed would be worth it or not
Old 01-14-2017
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

If you are getting scammed, do more due diligence before making purchases. If you are scamming people, just stop.

It is not too difficult for the police to trace your IP or bank account to your home address.
Old 01-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@Karnok, if you are truly asking legal questions, you need to seek out legal professional advice - stealth or nit.
Old 01-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@Karnok, if you are truly asking legal questions, you need to seek out legal professional advice - stealth or nit
Yeah, nits are darn pesky.

Do hamsters get 'em?

Nit sure if they do or nit.

Old 01-15-2017

You should consider a few points;

PayPal as a company is a tax dodging company - they just do it slightly legally and all roads lead back to Luxembourg.
So to avoid further issues with law enforcement agencies, they will hand over anything for someone like you whom, is a small fish to them.
This to keep the authorities content and minimise further scurrility on themselves.

So they can easily give you up.

Also always use a mobile dongle, unregistered, do not top it up using any form of debit card or electronic means - always by paying cash and buying a "top up voucher/credit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnok View Post
Hey

What happens when someone wants tries to sue a stealth Ebay or a Stealth Paypal Account? With a private sue, or a criminal charge.

I assume the police would first send a letter to the stealth Adress, and then realize it wasnt the real one. What do they do then? Try to track IP?

Theoretically you could be trackable through the Bank Account on your Paypal, but does Paypal hand out that information to the police on inquiry?

I suppose it's different for each country, but if anyone has experience or knowledge, I'd be interested to know
Old 01-17-2017

Longevity: 42%

Suing due to scamming such as taking cash and not giving the person what you promised is a civil matter.

You doing illegal activities such as FRAUD or defacing property is a legal authority matter.

Is there a bank account linked to this paypal account? Seems hard for someone to sue you when they can just go through payapl to get reimbursed for such an occurrence.
This is why paypal has limits on how much you can withdraw at certain times. They try to keep you from your cash until they know the customer is satisfied.
Second, they will try to get that money back through your bank account. If the account isnt closed, they will do a withdrawl.

Not sure how someone would get around this and I guess I should have asked the amount.

But NORMALLY, the only time police get involved is due to actual money fraud, money laundering, selling ILLEGAL items, stolen items.
Too much man power to get bank records, track IP address through VPN etc unless they really wanted to catch that person. Not gonna happen over a 1000 dollar item.