A list of mistakes I've done in the past. Don't do the same. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-03-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default A list of mistakes I've done in the past. Don't do the same.

Hope everyone is doing well.

These are a list of DO NOT's on an eBay seller's account that can lead to suspensions and limitations. If you already know this from the stealth guide then that's awesome for you. I just want to share my experiences for those who aren't aware of these issues.

DO NOT buy or sell digital items to gain feedback score. As a new seller, you might be tempted to buy or sell hundreds of digital items such as recipes, images, pdf's etc. eBay's system can catch on to it and shut your account down for trying to manipulate feedback score AND selling high risk items. Just don't touch digital items to be safe.

DO NOT sell too much electronics starting out the gate. I sold lots of Apple/Samsung cables and adapters on my 2nd month. Sold about 50-60 transactions worth of cables. Then I got hit with a permanent limitation stating that my selling activities were too high risk and they don't want to do business with me again.
If you want to sell electronics, gradually introduce them to your other items. Like 5-10 of them per month. After 3-4 months have passed, you'll have enough seller feedback and history, you can increase your selling quantity. Slow and steady is key.

DO NOT use previously suspended account information. If you want to start a fresh new stealth account, never use the same information as the one that was suspended. That goes for both eBay and PayPal. If your eBay is suspended but your PayPal is still working, don't bother using PayPal and setting up a new eBay. Same goes for the reverse! (eBay still works/PayPal is limited). You don't want to cross-contaminate the accounts otherwise they'll all be linked and limited. Just start both from scratch all over again with completely new information.

DO NOT transfer or send too much money from PayPal. NOT too quickly either. The safest way to use your money is to withdraw it to your bank account. I send money to friends and family all the time. But sending it too quickly (6 times in the span of an hour) or too large (sending 500 or more) can trigger the system to place a limit on your account. They might ask to verify your information. Then you won't be able to use your PayPal balance and it'll be stuck there until you resolve the issues with PayPal.

These are reasons that got me suspended. There could be more other reasons for other sellers out there. I'm just sharing mine from experimenting with lots of past eBay accounts. Now I have one that is a year old and is running pretty great! Selling low risk items (a few high risk items here and there once in a while) and gradually increasing my cashflow with eBay transactions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulkey For This Useful Post:
WEI (06-03-2017), zac2409 (06-04-2017)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: A list of mistakes I've done in the past. Don't do the same.

Nice post to share soulkey.

You did forget one point - DO NOT rely only on one account for sales - you have a year old account....that's good - build a few others
Old 06-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Nice post to share soulkey.

You did forget one point - DO NOT rely only on one account for sales - you have a year old account....that's good - build a few others
Thanks! Yes, you're absolutely right. I'll start creating several more stealth accounts now to back myself up. I appreciate for the tip!
Old 06-03-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulkey View Post
Hope everyone is doing well.

These are a list of DO NOT's on an eBay seller's account that can lead to suspensions and limitations. If you already know this from the stealth guide then that's awesome for you. I just want to share my experiences for those who aren't aware of these issues.

DO NOT buy or sell digital items to gain feedback score. As a new seller, you might be tempted to buy or sell hundreds of digital items such as recipes, images, pdf's etc. eBay's system can catch on to it and shut your account down for trying to manipulate feedback score AND selling high risk items. Just don't touch digital items to be safe.

DO NOT sell too much electronics starting out the gate. I sold lots of Apple/Samsung cables and adapters on my 2nd month. Sold about 50-60 transactions worth of cables. Then I got hit with a permanent limitation stating that my selling activities were too high risk and they don't want to do business with me again.
If you want to sell electronics, gradually introduce them to your other items. Like 5-10 of them per month. After 3-4 months have passed, you'll have enough seller feedback and history, you can increase your selling quantity. Slow and steady is key.

DO NOT use previously suspended account information. If you want to start a fresh new stealth account, never use the same information as the one that was suspended. That goes for both eBay and PayPal. If your eBay is suspended but your PayPal is still working, don't bother using PayPal and setting up a new eBay. Same goes for the reverse! (eBay still works/PayPal is limited). You don't want to cross-contaminate the accounts otherwise they'll all be linked and limited. Just start both from scratch all over again with completely new information.

DO NOT transfer or send too much money from PayPal. NOT too quickly either. The safest way to use your money is to withdraw it to your bank account. I send money to friends and family all the time. But sending it too quickly (6 times in the span of an hour) or too large (sending 500 or more) can trigger the system to place a limit on your account. They might ask to verify your information. Then you won't be able to use your PayPal balance and it'll be stuck there until you resolve the issues with PayPal.

These are reasons that got me suspended. There could be more other reasons for other sellers out there. I'm just sharing mine from experimenting with lots of past eBay accounts. Now I have one that is a year old and is running pretty great! Selling low risk items (a few high risk items here and there once in a while) and gradually increasing my cashflow with eBay transactions.
My responses/questions to you:

- how about 30 electronics/month? e.g. 1/day. My first month I sold about 2-4, second month about 10-15. I'm currently in third month and am looking for 30-60 for the month, and after that I believe I should be home free (I prob still wouldn't sell more than 100/account). Thoughts?

- I withdraw every penny from my Paypal every chance I get. But as of now, its no more than $70/day. After 3 month mark, I think I'd be free to withdraw as much as I want, no? Although I don't ever anticipate the amount getting too high since I make regular, timed withdrawals from my PP
Old 06-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
My responses/questions to you:

- how about 30 electronics/month? e.g. 1/day. My first month I sold about 2-4, second month about 10-15. I'm currently in third month and am looking for 30-60 for the month, and after that I believe I should be home free (I prob still wouldn't sell more than 100/account). Thoughts?

- I withdraw every penny from my Paypal every chance I get. But as of now, its no more than $70/day. After 3 month mark, I think I'd be free to withdraw as much as I want, no? Although I don't ever anticipate the amount getting too high since I make regular, timed withdrawals from my PP
- Sounds like you're on the right track. After 3 months, eBay will start to trust you because you've passed the 90-day PayPal holds, sold over 25 transactions and sold well over $250 worth of items. Therefore you can start increasing your selling quantity. Make sure you do it gradually. 3rd month if you're selling 30, then the 4th month you should sell 30-40, 5th month you should sell 40-50. Slow and steady increments. If one month you start selling 40, and the next month you start selling 100, that might trigger eBay's "unusual activity" alert.

- Withdrawing money from your PayPal to your bank account is the safest and preferred way. Yes, there are quite different experiences on withdrawing amounts. Some say you should leave a balance, some might say there's no problem in withdrawing every penny. Either way, I never have a problem withdrawing once a day. But not too high (above $500 on your first 3-4 months from inception of the account) and don't withdraw more than 1 time a day. After 3 months you can gradually withdraw higher amounts. Like 400. Then try 500 the next month, 600 the month after etc.

eBay and PayPal system really likes it when you do things gradually. They don't like BIG changes and SPIKES in cashflow, otherwise they'll deem it as unusual/risky. One of the eBay reps I spoke to (back when one of my test account was suspended) told me that the first 3 months is when your account is under heavy scrutiny. 3-6 months you will build credibility towards buyers in the market. Hope that helps!
Old 06-05-2017

Longevity: 67%

Good points, but I'm sure you can use the same name though (as others here do that without issues).
Old 06-07-2017
MU

Longevity: 41%

great advice, thanks