selling herbal oral jellys - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-10-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default selling herbal oral jellys

hy i am selling herbal oral jellys but som1 is reporting me and they say this
Why your item got removed:

Listed item: Oral Gelly having the active ingredient "Genseng" which is prescription medicine.

eBay policy: Prescription medicine are prohibited to be listed on the site, irrespective of how they are described.

Reason for enforcement: eBay does not permit the listing of any controlled drug or item that requires a prescription from a licensed practitioner (such as a doctor, dentist, optician or vet) to dispense.

eBay's suggestion: We understand that it was unintentional; hence, we request your co-operation to avoid listing such items on site to comply with eBay?s policies.
During this restriction, you can still:
- Send member messaging
- Obtain shipping addresses
- Leave feedback
- Perform other administrative tasks

Please be sure to manage any current listings and to complete any open transactions. After 3 days, your account will no longer be restricted. We also encourage you to use this time to become familiar with our policy. Please be sure that your current and future listings, including any items that are relisted automatically, follow these guidelines. If they don't, they'll be removed, and your fees won't be refunded. It could also result in additional actions, including loss of buying and selling privileges for a longer period of time.

If you have questions, contact our policy experts:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?que...main=email1385

MY QUESTION IS:
i will photoshop the jelly picture with ingridient that is not precripsion drug, do any1 know what that may be? help will be revarded and much apriciate
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2017

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: selling herbal oral jellys

It may not be a prescription medication, but the real issue is that Ginseng is a protected plant here in the US and elsewhere in the world, where harvesting has nearly wiped it out.

EB is not going to allow its sale if they see it.

Offsite link below:

https://www.fws.gov/international/pl...n-ginseng.html

Part of text from article/regulations below:

American ginseng can be harvested in 19 States. ... Wild and wild-simulated American ginseng roots can only be legally exported if they were harvested from plants that are 5 years of age or older and were legally harvested during the designated State harvest season.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
frenkki (06-11-2017)
Old 06-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Ebay often misunderstand and pick on keywords as they are associated with problem or illegal products for that country, I do not know which ebay site you are listing on. Also a branded product may be allowed but a lesser known or own-label one may not....there is a ton of different ginsengs being sold on .com, so the poster saying it is not allowing the sale of it is wrong...OP issue is more complicated than this....a few different trials of how to list it may be needed, but of course they have taken it down once and the OP risks having listings reviewed due to this...much better to give it a few months break or try a different non-linked account for the trial, if it is that important...

You say you will photoshop the ingredient off the label, but is it in any wording, as that is what ebay is picking up, not the pics......if you do this also, you are mis-representing the product, and for alot of reasons, inc. if someone has a bad reaction to an ingredient that you doctored out, it could be a problem, right?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-11-2017 at 07:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
frenkki (06-11-2017)
Old 06-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
Ebay often misunderstand and pick on keywords as they are associated with problem or illegal products for that country, I do not know which ebay site you are listing on. Also a branded product may be allowed but a lesser known or own-label one may not....there is a ton of different ginsengs being sold on .com, so the poster saying it is not allowing the sale of it is wrong...OP issue is more complicated than this....a few different trials of how to list it may be needed, but of course they have taken it down once and the OP risks having listings reviewed due to this...much better to give it a few months break or try a different non-linked account for the trial, if it is that important...

You say you will photoshop the ingredient off the label, but is it in any wording, as that is what ebay is picking up, not the pics......if you do this also, you are mis-representing the product, and for alot of reasons, inc. if someone has a bad reaction to an ingredient that you doctored out, it could be a problem, right?
nope i didnt put the ginseng in the listing, just in photo, what about Prunus africana is that forbiden?
Old 06-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

If the site is awash with any ingredient, then it is unlikely to be a banned one... If there are very few to none, then it probably is......rule of thumb.

Editing out an ingredient that people ingest is dishonest, they rely on you to give the correct info, and they could have their throat close up if they are allergic, do not do it!

You have done something wrong on original listing, not sure what....You will have to study the listings of others that sell it, which country are sending from and registered in, and how are they listing it...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-12-2017 at 04:17 AM.
Old 06-12-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%

I agree with Oompa, when it comes to health and beauty items that we have to take internally or externally, you have to be very careful.

Perhaps look at other listings that's successful and see what they do without losing any integrity in your listing
Old 06-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I agree with Oompa, when it comes to health and beauty items that we have to take internally or externally, you have to be very careful.

Perhaps look at other listings that's successful and see what they do without losing any integrity in your listing
thats the problem all have that hard as rock oral jelly and they removed just mine and from 2 other ppl. 3 sellers still sell with the same pictures.
Old 06-12-2017
Threadstarter  

i got the solution, will put my item on eBay.de there is no competition there, i think i got it who report me, me and guy from Thailand got 3-day ban and now the guy from England has the price of 50$ for oral jelly and he write in ad beware of Croatia and Thailand counterfeit
Old 06-12-2017
Threadstarter  

One question if i list item on ebay.de will ppl from ebay.com and ebay.co.uk can see my item
Old 06-12-2017

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenkki View Post
One question if i list item on ebay.de will ppl from ebay.com and ebay.co.uk can see my item
Usually no, but if there is only one other listing for it, maybe. The US listing will get more pull because the .de will have people thinking it is shipping in from Germany. Some people will wait, depending on the price gap. I've had this happen on products and all the others stay up. Dunno if its b/c they are monitoring the account or the listing is getting reported. It IS annoying as hell though.
Old 06-12-2017

These products are usually useless and sometimes actively harmful.

Why don't you just move on to something less problematic.
Old 06-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
thats the problem all have that hard as rock oral jelly and they removed just mine and from 2 other ppl. 3 sellers still sell with the same pictures.
Some people just have some luck with keeping under the radar
Old 06-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
These products are usually useless and sometimes actively harmful.
Kinda like people who sell penis pills......so sad seeing people buying them with pipe dreams or larger penis dreams! hahaha. But I do agree, most of these are just placebos.....it's like people who use Rhino Tusk because they think it's magical.

Quote:
Why don't you just move on to something less problematic.
Few Possible reasons:
1. Too lazy to find a new product
2. Too Stubborn
3. Large Profits to be made in suckering people
Old 06-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
i got the solution, will put my item on eBay.de there is no competition there, i think i got it who report me, me and guy from Thailand got 3-day ban and now the guy from England has the price of 50$ for oral jelly and he write in ad beware of Croatia and Thailand counterfeit
Best of luck in your choices
Old 06-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Kinda like people who sell penis pills......so sad seeing people buying them with pipe dreams or larger penis dreams! hahaha. But I do agree, most of these are just placebos.....it's like people who use Rhino Tusk because they think it's magical.

Few Possible reasons:
1. Too lazy to find a new product
2. Too Stubborn
3. Large Profits to be made in suckering people
Old 06-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

OP, competition reporting will be one of the worst issues you run in to.
Yes they have the ability to see you, if you are selling internationally, but they would not necessarily notice you if you just sell with German market.

No idea about OP particular product, but you guys are completely wrong about herbal products being placebos. If real ingredients are used, in absorbable form and correct amounts, herbal products are HIGHLY POTENT! Used for 1000s of years over many cultures, and are best used as an addition to conventional medicine. They may not have instant effects like pharms but they contain proven benefits at a cellular level.....I am a big believer, do not discount them, and read the medical studies!

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-13-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2017

Certainly some are safe and effective. There was a time, of course, when willow bark was used as a pain reliever, and many other herbals were the only way of treating disorders.

In the States, not being a medication, they are completely unregulated and have no applicable purity or inspection standards, and some horrific ingredients such as reflective road paint, feces, and gypsum have been found in SOME of them when tested.

60 Minutes and other shows have frequently done exposes of these issues. 'Natural' supplements are somewhat of a wild west situation here, with a lot of bad players.